G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

What is the lining in the speedo for? And what difference does it make if you cut it out?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

GermanSpeedoGuy
Germany

What is the lining in the speedo for? And what difference does it make if you cut it out?

Post by GermanSpeedoGuy » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:59 pm

I read a post and someone said "cut out the lining" And I was wondering. What is the lining for? And what benefits/drawbacks does it have if you cut it out?
And would you recommend cutting it out? What are your experiences?

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Re: What is the lining in the speedo for? And what difference does it make if you cut it out?

Post by Speedoaddict » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:15 pm

The lining is a modesty thing. With the lining in, the trunks do not stretch as far and also stop your junk being outlined inside the brief.
Cutting the lining out can make the trunks feel sexy against your genitles and increase your pleasure.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

GermanSpeedoGuy
Germany

Re: What is the lining in the speedo for? And what difference does it make if you cut it out?

Post by GermanSpeedoGuy » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:29 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:15 pm
The lining is a modesty thing. With the lining in, the trunks do not stretch as far and also stop your junk being outlined inside the brief.
Cutting the lining out can make the trunks feel sexy against your genitles and increase your pleasure.
So its not necessary that I have it?

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:31 pm

Right, it is absolutely unnecessary. You can remove it if you want to.

Yeah, I always cut out the linings in my suits, or I buy suits the come without linings in the first place.

I love the feeling of the spandex, lycra, or whatever the suit is made of against my cock and balls. I also prefer how my cock and balls look in the suit without the liner.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:35 pm

GermanSpeedoGuy wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:29 pm
Speedoaddict wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:15 pm
You don’t have to have it. It’s a personal choice.

Kiwiblu
New Zealand

Post by Kiwiblu » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:08 pm

Absolutely cut it out, serves no purpose but to hide your favorite asset, and we all wanna peek at that lol

Sent from my VFD 610 using Tapatalk

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Kiwiblu, behave! But yeah we want a peek. Lol.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:32 pm

makes it less sheer for certain colours of briefs.

also it makes the outline of ur dick less obvious, especially those who are cut..

Kiwiblu
New Zealand

Post by Kiwiblu » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:40 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:I found this on another forum.

http://www.mensswimsuitboard.com/forums ... php?t=1856
Nice forum buddy

Sent from my VFD 610 using Tapatalk

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:22 am

GermanSpeedoGuy wrote:
Without it may be classed as unacceptably revealing by some pools and you could be told to change or even kicked out.

Depends on locations attitudes. USA for example can start having a fit with regular Speedos and no liner would be big drama for sure.

Make sure you have another moddesty pair just incase the lifeguards do give you a hard time.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:01 am

Aircat wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:22 am
GermanSpeedoGuy wrote:
Without it may be classed as unacceptably revealing by some pools and you could be told to change or even kicked out.

Depends on locations attitudes. USA for example can start having a fit with regular Speedos and no liner would be big drama for sure.

Make sure you have another moddesty pair just incase the lifeguards do give you a hard time.
I have to agree with Aircat.
I think the golden rule is use a bit of common sense.
If at home in a hot tub or on a beach then yeah go no lining.
If amongst people at a busy beach or public pool the. Lining.
If you still choose no lining then a pair of swim shorts.

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:08 am

A couple more observations:

Full front and back linings greatly increase the drying time of lycra suits.

This is not important if you're swimming laps and change out of them right after but might be if you are boating or spending the whole day at the beach.

Sometimes, cutting out linings may alter the support structure of the suit and it may 'hang' differently than you expected.

Pantless
United States of America

Post by Pantless » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:53 pm

They fall apart easier.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:22 pm

I agree with the points already made:

(1) Might make suit too revealing to be worn in public. (The lining prevents the outline of your man-jewels being too obvious, etc).

(2) Reduces support for you - eventually fabric will stretch and suit will sag and not look very good - more nappy than speedo!

Having said that, I cut the lining (that horrible netting stuff) out of regular swim shorts and wear speedos as "lining"! :lol:

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:27 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:22 pm
I agree with the points already made:

(1) Might make suit too revealing to be worn in public. (The lining prevents the outline of your man-jewels being too obvious, etc).

(2) Reduces support for you - eventually fabric will stretch and suit will sag and not look very good - more nappy than speedo!

Having said that, I cut the lining (that horrible netting stuff) out of regular swim shorts and wear speedos as "lining"! :lol:
I know what you talking about. I wear speedos under my swim shorts but leave the netting in place.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:23 pm

For swim shorts, I usually go with the smallest running short I can find, cut out the lining, and put a speedo on. The linings really offer no support, and are usually not very comfortable to me.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:51 am

Anyone ever ruin a new speedo trying to get a perfect, clean cut on the lining? Damn!

I used to use a razor blade, pulling the lining as tight as possible, cutting it as close to the stitching as I could, and of course once in a while I'd cut too deep, into the main fabric. As you know then the whole thing is junk. :x

Now I just use a nice sharp scissors. It's pretty easy to get the top part by the drawstring short and clean, but now I don't worry if the crotch area isn't perfect. With use most of the remainder flakes away.

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:21 am

clem wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:51 am
Anyone ever ruin a new speedo trying to get a perfect, clean cut on the lining? Damn!

I used to use a razor blade, pulling the lining as tight as possible, cutting it as close to the stitching as I could, and of course once in a while I'd cut too deep, into the main fabric. As you know then the whole thing is junk. :x

Now I just use a nice sharp scissors. It's pretty easy to get the top part by the drawstring short and clean, but now I don't worry if the crotch area isn't perfect. With use most of the remainder flakes away.
Oh yeah, I have totally ruined more than one perfectly good suit by accidentally cutting the outer shell whilst removing the lining.

I've come up with a pretty good solution using some really good and sharp scissors.

1. Always cut so that you are looking at the lining, this generally means turning the suit inside out.
2. Always cut with the bottom blade of the scissors toward the seam on the suit. This generally means that right handed scissors will cut from left to right across the top of the suit. This will always keep the cutting action slightly away from the seam and keep it from cutting the seam open.
3. I always start down at the bottom, an error down there is less likely to be a problem than an error at the waist.

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:15 pm

Get the noise hair trimmers with the round bits on the end