G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Talking about speedos openly around people

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:40 pm

I noticed recently I’m more open and unashamed to reference owning and or wearing speedos in my every day vocabulary. Just like some guys might say “let me go change into my boardshorts.” I will say “I’m going to change into my speedo and then I’ll join you.” Or If I’m with a group of friends or strangers they might ask if I brought my board shorts, I’ll say, “I packed my speedo in my bag, etc.”

It feels really liberating to be open and include the term “speedo” in my language. Instead of saying swimsuit or baiting suit. I’ve also decided to use the term “speedo” to reference the swim brief even though technically speedo is a brand because “speedo” is what people already associate with the swim brief. Also “speedo” sounds sexy to me.

I’ve been an open book when it comes to wearing speedos, bikini’s, rio cut, and thongs for awhile now. I mean it’s all over my social media and it’s super exiting to be browsing the 2019 Skinzwear catalog on my iPad in public. Some guys even glance over and smile when they notice what I’m shopping for lol.

I think if we openly use the term “speedo” it might normalize it in people’s minds and could convince them to give it a try.

Do you guys use the term “speedo” openly in your lives? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:17 pm

I wear speedos under my swim shorts but don’t talk openly about my speedos.
My friends take the piss about people wearing them so never really brought the subject up with them.
If I were in a swim club or similar situation then I might not feel as self conscious.
I do worry about what other people think, silly I know but that’s the way it is. My swim shorts are getting shorter tho. Lol.
Last edited by Speedoaddict on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Sam
United States of America

Re: Talking about speedos openly around people

Post by Sam » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:42 pm

I am happy to report that I talk about my Speedos openly around my friends. They know I wear one to both the beach and the pool. I recall one time walking along the water in my black Speedos when I happened to see a neighbor of mine walking in my direction. She was wearing a block one-piece swimsuit, and we talked for a while. I've since then asked her if she would like to join me for the beach sometime. She said "yes" and even commented that she will be happy to wear her black one-piece to match my black Speedo.
We haven't made it to the beach yet (it's a timing thing), but I can't wait!

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:41 pm

It took me a long time but now feel comfortable wearing and talking about speedos around people. Swimming laps every day in a speedo gave me the confidence to not care what people think. Friends who know me know I wear them and it has not been a problem. I have even got a few to try them.

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:47 pm

This is something I need to be better about.

I'm going to work on this over this next year.

swissswimmer
Switzerland

Post by swissswimmer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:56 pm

frankjath wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:40 pm
I noticed recently I’m more open and unashamed to reference owning and or wearing speedos in my every day vocabulary. Just like some guys might say “let me go change into my boardshorts.” I will say “I’m going to change into my speedo and then I’ll join you.” Or If I’m with a group of friends or strangers they might ask if I brought my board shorts, I’ll say, “I packed my speedo in my bag, etc.”

It feels really liberating to be open and include the term “speedo” in my language. Instead of saying swimsuit or baiting suit. I’ve also decided to use the term “speedo” to reference the swim brief even though technically speedo is a brand because “speedo” is what people already associate with the swim brief. Also “speedo” sounds sexy to me.

Do you guys use the term “speedo” openly in your lives? Would love to hear your thoughts!
I just use the term ´swim brief’ or simply swim suit. To me swim suit = brief or if you like you like ´speedo’. I can’t imagine wearing anything but a brief or brief like suit in the pool.

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:05 pm

Oceanrunner79 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:41 pm
It took me a long time but now feel comfortable wearing and talking about speedos around people. Swimming laps every day in a speedo gave me the confidence to not care what people think. Friends who know me know I wear them and it has not been a problem. I have even got a few to try them.
That’s pretty much the same story for me. Getting back into lap swimming, did the trick.

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:16 pm

swissswimmer wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:56 pm
I just use the term ´swim brief’ or simply swim suit. To me swim suit = brief or if you like you like ´speedo’. I can’t imagine wearing anything but a brief or brief like suit in the pool.
Yes, I concur. Quite some time ago I decided that my references are:
swim suit = Brief, Speedo, etc.
swim trunk = board shorts, dork shorts, etc.

I always say things like, "I'm going to put my suit on and go for a swim/snorkel/etc."

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:29 am

Found this video on twitter. Perhaps there is hope for the UK after all???

https://twitter.com/thetodayshow/status ... 82048?s=21
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:37 am

Speedoaddict wrote:Found this video on twitter. Perhaps there is hope for the UK after all???

https://twitter.com/thetodayshow/status ... 82048?s=21
Great video! It’s beautiful to see men of all shapes and sizes sporting the speedo! His beard is amazing!

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:48 am

Oceanrunner79 wrote:It took me a long time but now feel comfortable wearing and talking about speedos around people. Swimming laps every day in a speedo gave me the confidence to not care what people think. Friends who know me know I wear them and it has not been a problem. I have even got a few to try them.
I’ve had similar experiences I wasn’t always confident in wearing speedos or thong swimsuits. I think my dads encouragement and me wearing them over time it became a normal reality for me.

I also realized the people who gave me looks of disapproval where the ones who often were not the healthiest people. Not only physically but also in ignorance if that makes since.

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:50 am

Sam wrote:I am happy to report that I talk about my Speedos openly around my friends. They know I wear one to both the beach and the pool. I recall one time walking along the water in my black Speedos when I happened to see a neighbor of mine walking in my direction. She was wearing a block one-piece swimsuit, and we talked for a while. I've since then asked her if she would like to join me for the beach sometime. She said "yes" and even commented that she will be happy to wear her black one-piece to match my black Speedo.
That’s an awesome story Sam! Let us know how the beach date goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:55 am

Speedoaddict wrote:I wear speedos under my swim shorts but don’t talk openly about my speedos.
My friends take the piss about people wearing them so never really brought the subject up with them.
If I were in a swim club or similar situation then I might not feel as self conscious.
I do worry about what other people think, silly I know but that’s the way it is. My swim shorts are getting shorter tho. Lol.
Growing as a person and more specifically our confidence takes time. Don’t be to hard on yourself. With that said if they are your tru friends then they shouldn’t care if not get new friends. Create your own reality and lifestyle you can do it!

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:00 am

MrMusik wrote:This is something I need to be better about.

I'm going to work on this over this next year.
2019 resolution! I support it!

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:42 am

frankjath wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:50 am
Sam wrote:I am happy to report that I talk about my Speedos openly around my friends. They know I wear one to both the beach and the pool. I recall one time walking along the water in my black Speedos when I happened to see a neighbor of mine walking in my direction. She was wearing a block one-piece swimsuit, and we talked for a while. I've since then asked her if she would like to join me for the beach sometime. She said "yes" and even commented that she will be happy to wear her black one-piece to match my black Speedo.

Thank you, sir! Will do!

Birdsong73

Post by Birdsong73 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:14 pm

I don’t know if it the influence of this web site, but I’m not ashamed about my fondness for wearing speedos. My wife and family could care less and my best friend knows too. Some of my colleagues know and really understand that if you swim laps, you wear the gear - it sorta comes with the territory. Since I am a school teacher, some of my students know. It has caused some problems for me (one female student took my picture without my permission - I found out and confronted her. That’s another story). But I also have had a female student who is a lifeguard at my pool say to me that wearing a speedo swimming laps is normal and they didn’t care at all. That was nice to hear.

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:41 am

frankjath wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:50 am

Thank you, Frankjath! Will do!

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:52 pm

I don't really talk about 'em, only wear 'em without apologies. But I have heard (younger) guys joke about wearing DTs (dick togs). If speedos are a big hobby/interest, though, I suppose it would be quite natural to talk about them. :P

Harsh1994
Peru

Post by Harsh1994 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:31 pm

I only talk about speedos with my friends if the talking subject is me being in a pool or beach. I prefer to use the term 'sunga' (even when the real Rio sunga is a specifical cut) with them. If I use the term 'speedo', I'm sure they won't know what am I talking about. We in Peru tend to call speedos 'sungas' or 'brief-style swimwear' (in Spanish, 'ropa de baño estilo calzoncillo', too large); the term 'speedo' is used only to mention Speedo brand.

Turning back to the subject of this thread, if I go to a pool or beach alone I use to wear speedos and it could become a subject to my conversation with a friend. I post pics of myself in speedos in my Instagram account and my friends watch them. If my friend tells me that he/she dislikes speedos, I stop talking about them with him/her and then talk about anything else. I don't speak about speedos deliberately with my friends because it's an almost taboo matter in Peru, even in gay community (today most gay guys in Peru use shorts or still straight-normed boardshorts).
Speedos are the best swimwear around. Period.

swissswimmer
Switzerland

Post by swissswimmer » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:12 am

Hi
I’ve read your posts and I guess a bit perplexed. I guess I don’t know Latin America all that well. Just Brazil really well ´cause my wife is Brazilian and Brazil is the home of the sunga. And I know some other countries like Venezuela and speedo type swimwear was certainly the norm at least when I was there oh about 10 yrs ago.
Guess my perception was that all countries in Latin America were very speedo friendly so to speak.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk