G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo Only Pools.

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Speedo Only Pools.

Post by Speedoaddict » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:33 pm

Should public pools have a speedo only rule in place the same as the french do?
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

MrMusik
United States of America

Re: Speedo Only Pools.

Post by MrMusik » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:11 pm

In my world, Speedos, jammers, and the suits in between (like square cuts) would be required.

They would not allow baggy board shorts.

It is already the case that most pools do not allow cut off jeans to be worn as swimwear.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:24 pm

MrMusik wrote:In my world, Speedos, jammers, and the suits in between (like square cuts) would be required.

They would not allow baggy board shorts.

It is already the case that most pools do not allow cut off jeans to be worn as swimwear.
I have never seen a pair of cut off jeans being worn for swimming.
You would have to be stupid to wear them for swimming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pantless
United States of America

Post by Pantless » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:21 pm

Watch the world of most guys crumble.See them cry as their board shorts are ripped away and they are presented with the tiny speedo.

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:25 pm

speedo only should be the way :)

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:50 pm

I don't think it matters. I don't think there is any real reason to be speedo only.

I was lapping in the Beijing Hilton pool and some lady got into the pool in what looked like a wedding dress to me. That was sketchy as all hell. She didn't swim, just got in.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:50 am

Here in the UK you see men wearing their underwear under their swim shorts, they have came in from outside the building wearing their shorts, or shorts they have worn in the gym. It more of a hygiene or barrier to keep the pool clean and user friendly for people who want to swim.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:40 am

Definitely should be dedicated swimwear for a pool, no clothes that have been worn outside or as underwear.
I would add short swimshorts for those not keen on tight swimwear.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:42 am

Scottiebum wrote:Definitely should be dedicated swimwear for a pool, no clothes that have been worn outside or as underwear.
The problem they found in France was swim shorts were being worn outside as casual wear. This was bringing in dirt from outside.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:52 am

The pools are chlorinated or saltwater for that reason, I wouldn't worry daggy shorts or whatever. Apart from rock pools, the get vacuumed every day also, and even the rock pools get cleaned out.

What annoys me is people that pee in the water even if the water does neutralise it.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Speedo Only Pools.

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:35 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:The pools are chlorinated or saltwater for that reason, I wouldn't worry daggy shorts or whatever. Apart from rock pools, the get vacuumed every day also, and even the rock pools get cleaned out.

What annoys me is people that pee in the water even if the water does neutralise it.
But the more crap in the pool then the more often they have to add chemicals and drain water out the pool to put fresh water in it so they can use more chemicals. It’s a viscous cycle. You can only add a finite amount of chlorine into a pool before you have to drain it and fill it up and add more chlorine for it to work correctly. By keep adding chemicals you eventually end up with a pool you can’t swim in because it’s too full of chemicals.
It shouldn’t be like this. This in turn puts up the cost of maintain the pool and this increases prices for people to use the pool.

Sorry for being a moaning bastard. If you had seen some of the stuff I have seen at my local pool you wouldn’t go swimming again.
But the people who run this pools need to be better trained to spot this sort of thing that goes on.

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:29 pm

Definitely should be dedicated swimwear such as speedo, square cuts, or jammers.

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:13 pm

They generally do have "no street clothing" rules, but when the swim shorts look identical it's hard to enforce.

Most shorts do have cotton underwear poking out the top (seems to be a thing to show that you won't even wear a speedo underneath) which clearly haven't been changed and should be kicked out.

We have free entry pools here (paid by local government tax) but the heated pools still have fee/membership.
The advantage of that is that the paid pools are only serious swimmers, so all get changed into proper tight swimwear and have showers. Everyone has polite lane etiquate.
The free pools in summer holidays are a shit show.

DutchSpeedoLover
Netherlands

Post by DutchSpeedoLover » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:31 am

Scottiebum wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:40 am
Definitely should be dedicated swimwear for a pool, no clothes that have been worn outside or as underwear.
I agree with your statement, but how would they be sure that short swimshorts are only worn for swimming and not outside?

Birdsong73

Post by Birdsong73 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:37 pm

I would love to see form fitting swimwear only pools (other than thongs-for the general public, I think there is a time, a place, and adult environment for a thong) for my local pool. If you keep up on the news in South Africa, they are in the middle of a horrible drought and recently changed their swimwear policy. Now, men have to wear some type of dedicated form fitting swimsuit mainly for water conservation. I agree with the French (and as an American that’s hard to do-insert joke here) that men should for hygiene reasons be required to wear a form fitting swimsuit that is only dedicated for swimming. Not only do I see men wearing underwear under their suit, but deck shoes into the water which is just simply wrong. But, it’s a double standard because women, no matter the shape or size, can wear a form fitting swimsuit. SPEEDOES OF THE WORLD UNITE!