G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Double standard!

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Aircat
Australia

Re: Double standard!

Post by Aircat » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:01 am

Is it actually banning tight fitting swimwear, or just stuff which could suffer a wardrobe malfunction nut slip?

Ie jammers and square cut might be acceptable?

Can understand why they are paranoid about something slipping out and being blown out of proportion as an exposure incident.

It's still a phobia, but not just anti gay or whatever.

The weight stuff is unrelated, it's diving in Florida which has caverns, and they have medical and rescue concerns.

Birdsong73

Post by Birdsong73 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:59 am

So, here’s an update. I decided to send an email to the Scout base because I really don’t want to cause a problem (yes, I was making a mountain out of a mole hill). I asked the director of the scuba program if I could wear a swim brief or other tight fitting suit under my wetsuit if I was discreet and maintained modesty at all times. I also mentioned I have a groin injury (I hurt myself rock climbing in November) and would a doctors note allowing for more support in my groin make a difference. He replied and said of course I could wear a tight fitting swimsuit under my wetsuit if that would make me more comfortable. He also cautioned that I may just want to wear a pair of nylon shorts over the swim brief because of the heat. And to cover all my bases, I even have the doctors note just in case. When my doctor handed me the note, he said “I tried to be brief,” and chuckled. That made me laugh.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:22 am

Birdsong73 wrote:So, here’s an update. I decided to send an email to the Scout base because I really don’t want to cause a problem (yes, I was making a mountain out of a mole hill). I asked the director of the scuba program if I could wear a swim brief or other tight fitting suit under my wetsuit if I was discreet and maintained modesty at all times. I also mentioned I have a groin injury (I hurt myself rock climbing in November) and would a doctors note allowing for more support in my groin make a difference. He replied and said of course I could wear a tight fitting swimsuit under my wetsuit if that would make me more comfortable. He also cautioned that I may just want to wear a pair of nylon shorts over the swim brief because of the heat. And to cover all my bases, I even have the doctors note just in case. When my doctor handed me the note, he said “I tried to be brief,” and chuckled. That made me laugh.
Great news Birdsong, nice to see its all sorted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.