G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Atlantis Cruise

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

VAspeedo
United States of America

Atlantis Cruise

Post by VAspeedo » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:31 pm

So the hubby and I were going to spend 4 days in Key West and found out that an Atlantis cruise was leaving from Fort Lauderdale in our layover window. We booked it (alcohol may have been a factor) and all we had do to was push 1 flight a week. This is our first cruise and we've definitely never experienced anything like an Atlantis cruise. Anyone ever been? Any tips? By the way, I think I'm bringing the entire speedo drawer lol.

MrMusik
United States of America

Re: Atlantis Cruise

Post by MrMusik » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:55 am

Oh wow! I was just reading about that on their website and that looks like a hell of a great time!

Yeah, just take your speedo drawer with you, wear as little as you can get away with, and have a great time with that!!!

Yeah, I'm a little jealous, I can't get away or I'd be joining you guys. Looks like an amazing opportunity!

MISwimmer

Post by MISwimmer » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:26 am

It’s on our list of trips in 2020, so I’ll be anxious to hear about your experience (and anyone else’s experience that has been on an Atlantis cruise). Have a fantastic time and post pics of those hot suits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VAspeedo
United States of America

Post by VAspeedo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:26 pm

We got back in yesterday. It was incredible. I couldn't recommend it more to our gay members. I brought a weeks worth of clothes and my costume things in a carry-on sized roller and a bookbag. I way overpacked. We already want to book for next year if we can pull it. The only downfall is that its expensive as hell.

The ship was gorgeous, we met many new friends and so many interesting people on top of that, I can't even count.

MISwimmer

Post by MISwimmer » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:23 pm

Glad you boys had a great time! I have so many questions!

VAspeedo
United States of America

Post by VAspeedo » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:00 pm

ask away!

josspeedo
Great Britain

Post by josspeedo » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:07 pm

Delete
Last edited by josspeedo on Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

VAspeedo
United States of America

Post by VAspeedo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:57 am

What was the ratio of speedo guys? - I'd say 80% speedos jocks and thongs

What was the average age? - Ages ranged from 21 to 80s but i'd put the average around 35

Did you notice any naughtiness taking place? - public sex and nudity is very much frowned upon. The staff of the ship is the normal cruise ship staff. That being said, all atlantis cruises have an unofficial dick deck late at night.

Or were you part of any? - I mean, a little.

VAspeedo
United States of America

Post by VAspeedo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:07 am

here's a couple pics that others took on the FB group for the cruise. I barely had my phone with me and didn't take a lot of pics.
54729279_10156926233799651_4732202289652039680_n.png
54729279_10156926233799651_4732202289652039680_n.png (1.19 MiB) Viewed 9895 times
55543697_10157063874624941_9180657298605867008_n.png
55543697_10157063874624941_9180657298605867008_n.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 9895 times

josspeedo
Great Britain

Post by josspeedo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:06 am

Delete
Last edited by josspeedo on Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

MISwimmer

Atlantis Cruise

Post by MISwimmer » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:08 am

1. Are there any quiet, relaxed spaces on the boat or is it always a nonstop party?
2. Looks like a lot of people go really crazy with the outfits and costumes —is that the exception or the norm (I like to pack and travel light).
3. Is it really “cruisey” (as in grabby and over-sexualualized) or are people pretty respectful?
4. Are there excursions like with a typical cruise or is it basically open water cruising?
5. Can you actually find a lounge chair by a pool and actually get in the pool or is it pretty much “man soup” on the pool deck?
6. Same question regarding the gym —is it too crowded to get a workout in?
7. Any tips for ease of travel or enjoying the cruise?

(Jeez I sound old.)

Glad you had a good time!

Terron
Canada

Post by Terron » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:37 pm

Went on one 10 years ago I found it great fun good food lots to do nice accommodations & met some friends from all over & did not find overly pricey The best thing you could wear a sexy suit most of the day along with lots of eye candy doing like wise If you wanted a bit of quiet time there were places where you could go on the the ship The best overall tan I ever had & a few XXXY times Go for it Terron

VAspeedo
United States of America

Post by VAspeedo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:49 pm

MISwimmer wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:08 am
1. Are there any quiet, relaxed spaces on the boat or is it always a nonstop party?
2. Looks like a lot of people go really crazy with the outfits and costumes —is that the exception or the norm (I like to pack and travel light).
3. Is it really “cruisey” (as in grabby and over-sexualualized) or are people pretty respectful?
4. Are there excursions like with a typical cruise or is it basically open water cruising?
5. Can you actually find a lounge chair by a pool and actually get in the pool or is it pretty much “man soup” on the pool deck?
6. Same question regarding the gym —is it too crowded to get a workout in?
7. Any tips for ease of travel or enjoying the cruise?

(Jeez I sound old.)

Glad you had a good time!
During the morning and afternoon it was pretty quiet with everyone just relaxing in the sun. The tea dances went from 5-7, everyone usually went and got dinner and went to a show after that, and the main parties started at 11. Plenty of opportunities to relax and avoid the parties if you wanted.

The costumes were absolutely ridiculous. We're going to be better prepared for our next one. That being said, i'd say 60% of the people at the parties had some sort of costume, another 20% were just in underwear, and the last 20% were wearing regular clothes.

Everyone was very respectful. I don't think either one of us had anyone get grabby. It definitely started getting cruiser after about 2am though.

Ours was a celebrity cruise ship, its the normal ships crew and all of the normal excursions were available. We had 2 at sea days and stayed on the ship while we were in Cozumel. We had excursions booked at the other 3 ports. They had all of the regular ship's entertainment and atlantis brought in a bunch of their own comedians, singers, drag queens, etc.

Finding a chair directly next to the pool is pretty tough but there were plenty of chairs all over the place. We spent about 5 minutes looking for one on one day and that was the worst we had it. The pool was never too overloaded either.

I didn't venture into the gym but my husband did. He didn't have any trouble finding an elliptical but he said there was always a crowd of super jacked dudes around the weights.

If you are going to book one or thinking about a specific one, they make a facebook group each time. A lot of people that we met have been on 5, 10, 20, even 30 cruises with Atlantis and were always helpful. Also the booze is expensive and they don't do drink packages for charters so google how to smuggle liquor on board :)

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:55 pm

VAspeedo, thanks for the information. I have never been on a cruise. This type of cruise could be a good idea, for someone who's curious, exploring, yet straight and curious?

MISwimmer

Post by MISwimmer » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:59 pm

Thanks for the intel! Now to see what the destinations are for 2020 (we’re headed to Greece this year!)

VAspeedo
United States of America

Post by VAspeedo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:03 pm

speedoboi, I guess being comfortable on a cruise ship is first and foremost. Other than that, being surrounded by a few thousand of your future new friends is kinda awesome.

MISwimmer

Post by MISwimmer » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:50 am

VA —since you’ve been on an Atlantis cruise, have they previewed yet the cruises and dates for 2020? I haven’t seen anything yet on their website. Thanks!

VAspeedo
United States of America

Post by VAspeedo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:53 am

Yep! As far as I know booking is only open to people that sailed with them this year so far. I'm not sure when they'll open to the public but you can probably call them and ask. They're pretty helpful.

January 16-26 oasis of the seas (one of the monster ships)
Miami (Florida) 
St Maarten
San Juan (Porto Rico)
Labadee (private island)
Miami

March 21-28 celebrity summit
San Juan, Puerto Rico
St. Maarten (to be confirmed)
Oranjestad (Aruba)
Willemstad (Curacao)
Kralendijk (Bonaire)
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MISwimmer

Post by MISwimmer » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:10 pm

Awesome! Thank you!

geauxboi
United States of America

Post by geauxboi » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:46 am

I wanted to bring this topic back up! Look at the pictures in the previous post, and it says it all. If you really want to go on a cruise wear speedos almost the whole time, and Atlantis cruise is the way to go. I know this to be true because my friends went this past January, and told me most of the guys wear hardly nothing, and stay in speedos all day everywhere! I will be going on an Atlantis cruise this January, and doing the same! Just a note, yes these cruises are for mostly gay men, but anybody can go.