G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Getting into shape

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

GermanSpeedoGuy
Germany

Getting into shape

Post by GermanSpeedoGuy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:34 pm

Since its slowly getting warmer here in germany I decided to get back into shape for the summer. I sadly dont have enough time or motivation to go to the gy everyday I decided to try a 7 minute workout. You do many different exercises in a short amount of time without any weights etc. It was quite exhausting for me and I'll keep doing it. Do any of you do this as well or have any recommendation for exercises like this? (Preferably not time consuming and I can do them from home)
And I decided that if I get into shape before the summer ends I'm gonna reward myself with a new speedo!

Papadoop
Great Britain

Re: Getting into shape

Post by Papadoop » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:41 pm

Do you do a lot of walking? This helps me when i cant go gym?

GermanSpeedoGuy
Germany

Post by GermanSpeedoGuy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:32 pm

Papadoop wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:41 pm
Do you do a lot of walking? This helps me when i cant go gym?
Not that much. I need to sit for long times but I try to walk or use my bike as often as I can!

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:21 pm

Sit ups, push ups and body weight squats. 100 each per day.

mattji01
Australia

Post by mattji01 » Wed May 01, 2019 12:03 am

Doing the plank. Face down, supported on elbows & forearms and toes. Like a static push-up. Tensing your abs and holding for 60 sec really works for me.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed May 01, 2019 5:30 am

mattji01 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 12:03 am
Doing the plank. Face down, supported on elbows & forearms and toes. Like a static push-up. Tensing your abs and holding for 60 sec really works for me.

Hey thanks. When I'm working at home, this can be done quickly throughout the day. I just tried it, and could feel it in a number of muscle groups. It certainly works well for you, judging by your profile pic!
Long time Speedo® lover

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Wed May 01, 2019 8:28 am

It's always great to see a post about wanting to get in better shape! For me, I had tried working out a bit at home, doing bodyweight exercises and plyometrics (lots of jumping), but I couldn't stick with it. But you'll absolutely see great results as others have said, with bodyweight pushups, planks, squats, lunges, situps, plyos, etc.

I found that going to the gym 3 times per week, for 45-60 minutes, really works for me. I can go there and focus on weightlifting, using dedicated equipment and heavy weights.

Good luck! I also used speedo purchases as a reward!

Speedo1986
United States of America

Post by Speedo1986 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:29 pm

Move a little more each day. I don’t know what your work situation is but if you are like a lot of people that work behind a desk, take breaks every now and then and just walk around. Take the stairs instead of the elevator when you can. If you can move just a little more today than you did yesterday, that will help. The other big thing with getting into shape is diet. Careful what you choose for snacks during the day. Try to cut out soda as a pick me up and instead have some nuts, black coffee or fruit. Small changes can make a big difference.

Biggest thing is to be realistic with yourself. Total transformations of lifestyle are extremely hard. Make and set achievable fitness goals that will ultimately lead to your desired overall goal.

GermanSpeedoGuy
Germany

Post by GermanSpeedoGuy » Thu May 02, 2019 9:00 am

BJE wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:21 pm
I'll try that. Would you recommend doint 100 straight or doing like 20 push ups, 20 squats, 20 sit ups, 20 push ups etc until I get to 100 each?
Speedo1986 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:29 pm
Move a little more each day. I don’t know what your work situation is but if you are like a lot of people that work behind a desk, take breaks every now and then and just walk around. Take the stairs instead of the elevator when you can. If you can move just a little more today than you did yesterday, that will help. The other big thing with getting into shape is diet. Careful what you choose for snacks during the day. Try to cut out soda as a pick me up and instead have some nuts, black coffee or fruit. Small changes can make a big difference.

Biggest thing is to be realistic with yourself. Total transformations of lifestyle are extremely hard. Make and set achievable fitness goals that will ultimately lead to your desired overall goal.
I know. I try to move as much as I can. And I dont really worry about the diet aspect because I dont need to loose much. And with how I'm eating already I dont gain weight. It always stayed the same for me for like 5 years now!

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu May 02, 2019 9:34 am

GermanSpeedoGuy wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:00 am
BJE wrote:
I'll try that. Would you recommend doint 100 straight or doing like 20 push ups, 20 squats, 20 sit ups, 20 push ups etc until I get to 100 each?
I would recommend doing as many reps per set as you can and as many sets as needed to reach 100 reps with a goal of being able to do 100 reps non stop.

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Sat May 04, 2019 5:17 am

Hey GermanSpeedoGuy... This video came up in my youtube feed this morning, and I immediately thought of you!

It's a 7-minute full body workout, using just bodyweight exercises and a speedo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtM2ZqxPP4k

7minute.jpg
7minute.jpg (29.21 KiB) Viewed 9253 times

GermanSpeedoGuy
Germany

Post by GermanSpeedoGuy » Sat May 04, 2019 3:33 pm

ExBex wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 5:17 am
Hey GermanSpeedoGuy... This video came up in my youtube feed this morning, and I immediately thought of you!

It's a 7-minute full body workout, using just bodyweight exercises and a speedo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtM2ZqxPP4k

Thank you. It looks great. I'll watch the vid asap! And the speedo is the most important part!
7minute.jpg

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Sun May 05, 2019 6:18 am

BJE wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:34 am
GermanSpeedoGuy wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:00 am
BJE wrote:
I would recommend doing as many reps per set as you can and as many sets as needed to reach 100 reps with a goal of being able to do 100 reps non stop.
I agree with this kind of exercise. I find that "pyramid" sets of reps maximize what my body can handle. For pushups, do 1 pushup, sit back and take a quick break just to rest your arms. After each break, add an additional pushup to the number, until you've reached your peak. Then after each break, subtract one from the number of pushups. You know you've found your peak when you work back down the pyramid and can barely do that last set of just 1 pushup. If you move on to do a pyramid of situps, consider doing another smaller pyramid of pushups afterwards if you have the strength.
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun May 05, 2019 9:16 am

mattji01 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 12:03 am
I did this again today. Really helpful. My posture, muscle tone, all improved. Thanks again.
Long time Speedo® lover

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Sun May 05, 2019 10:19 am

What I used to do, was, take a deck of cards, flip one, do that many push ups and sit ups. Face cards were 10, aces 15. Go as far as you can. I never got through a deck.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Mon May 06, 2019 6:25 am

GermanSpeedoGuy wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:34 pm
Since its slowly getting warmer here in germany I decided to get back into shape for the summer. I sadly dont have enough time or motivation to go to the gy everyday I decided to try a 7 minute workout. You do many different exercises in a short amount of time without any weights etc. It was quite exhausting for me and I'll keep doing it. Do any of you do this as well or have any recommendation for exercises like this? (Preferably not time consuming and I can do them from home)
And I decided that if I get into shape before the summer ends I'm gonna reward myself with a new speedo!
What did you mean by getting into shape? As in getting fit, dropping fat, toning up, getting ripped, bulking up etc?

GermanSpeedoGuy
Germany

Post by GermanSpeedoGuy » Mon May 06, 2019 12:43 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:25 am
GermanSpeedoGuy wrote:
What did you mean by getting into shape? As in getting fit, dropping fat, toning up, getting ripped, bulking up etc?
My goal is to drop some fat and getting a bit ripped!

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Mon May 06, 2019 1:04 pm

Getting or staying in shape is more easy during the outdoor season. I try to keep it with different types of sports like cycling, swimming, going to the gym and doing some physical work in garden or forest. But it's essential to eat only that food that is needed by the body. So it's easy to control your body-fat and your weight, too.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Tue May 07, 2019 1:49 am

GermanSpeedoGuy wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:43 pm
GermanSpeedoGuy wrote:
Oh yeah. Losing fat, by far the biggest influence on this is diet, much more than exercise. Take a single component out of what you eat (eg fat, sugar, fructose, salt etc) and you have a diet. Change your intake timing and you have a diet, eat medievil and caveman foods and you have a diet, add a superfood and you have a diet. Measure your calorie intake and you have a diet. The reality is that they are all fad or rubbish or unworkable or unsustainable. Forget counting, measuring, timing, removing etc... in all seriousness, if its real food, then eat it, if its manufactured, in a tin or packet, then don't eat it. If you eat real food then your intake will regulate itself. Your weight will then sort itself out, you wont be hungry, you wont be tired and you will have energy - and sugar is a real addictive killer! Water/tea/coffee - not fruit juice, i fyou want fruit then eat the fruit. Ripped, build muscle, yep, your favourite weights, abs for that hony 6pack etc (be guided by your coach or the people who program workouts at the gym), you will have to lean your body fat right out to 9% or lower if you want a 6pack - don't just do it, give it time to happen and unless you're 13 you will have to work to keep it. People will talk about protein supplements to build muscle etc, I'd avoid all of that stuff and stay natural also, after a workout, get food back into you within 20mins to replenish your glycogen, for protein, target animal based protein rather than plant based unless you're eating different types of plant based proteins at once. ie After a decent workout, have a boiled egg - personally I prefer white to red meat. You don't need a lot of protein to get the job done and you don't need to eat much to restore gycogen. Nuts are little energy powerhouses also - 6packs or nuts, not both. When you build muscle in the gym (while gazing in the mirrors) you will lose a degree of aerobic fitness, make sure you get outside and jog (you don't need to lay the pace on, just keep it light) or ride a bike or something, it'll be so much better than being in the gym long term, save that for the wet and cold. Dont forget your milk and dont forget your fish.

peterwhitethong

Post by peterwhitethong » Tue May 07, 2019 5:29 am

GermanSpeedoGuy wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:43 pm
Oh yeah. Losing fat, by far the biggest influence on this is diet, much more than exercise. Take a single component out of what you eat (eg fat, sugar, fructose, salt etc) and you have a diet. Change your intake timing and you have a diet, eat medievil and caveman foods and you have a diet, add a superfood and you have a diet. Measure your calorie intake and you have a diet. The reality is that they are all fad or rubbish or unworkable or unsustainable. Forget counting, measuring, timing, removing etc... in all seriousness, if its real food, then eat it, if its manufactured, in a tin or packet, then don't eat it. If you eat real food then your intake will regulate itself. Your weight will then sort itself out, you wont be hungry, you wont be tired and you will have energy - and sugar is a real addictive killer! Water/tea/coffee - not fruit juice, i fyou want fruit then eat the fruit. Ripped, build muscle, yep, your favourite weights, abs for that hony 6pack etc (be guided by your coach or the people who program workouts at the gym), you will have to lean your body fat right out to 9% or lower if you want a 6pack - don't just do it, give it time to happen and unless you're 13 you will have to work to keep it. People will talk about protein supplements to build muscle etc, I'd avoid all of that stuff and stay natural also, after a workout, get food back into you within 20mins to replenish your glycogen, for protein, target animal based protein rather than plant based unless you're eating different types of plant based proteins at once. ie After a decent workout, have a boiled egg - personally I prefer white to red meat. You don't need a lot of protein to get the job done and you don't need to eat much to restore gycogen. Nuts are little energy powerhouses also - 6packs or nuts, not both. When you build muscle in the gym (while gazing in the mirrors) you will lose a degree of aerobic fitness, make sure you get outside and jog (you don't need to lay the pace on, just keep it light) or ride a bike or something, it'll be so much better than being in the gym long term, save that for the wet and cold. Dont forget your milk and dont forget your fish.
Cannot agree more, I lost 10 kg just by changing a bit my food habits, I didn’t sacrifice anything just awareness of what I am eating and at what time and how often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk