G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo Wearers

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Re: Speedo Wearers

Post by Norfcountryboy » Sat May 25, 2019 1:01 am

I honestly don't think I've worn anything more than Speedo's for swimming in my life and as an adult I've sometimes worn a lot less in situations where I thought I could get away with it.
Sometimes I think it'd be interesting to break ranks and try swimming in baggy shorts just once, so I could find out how it feels for the other 90% of the male population.

Corrrection! I was forgetting how I sometimes wear jammers and own quite a lot of them. Dunno how I could overlook a detail like that? For info despite covering more skin I don't find them to be more conservative than briefs, much less so usually and I'd typically wear them when I'm in the mood for having my arse cheeks gripped tighter with the cleft between them, as well as my dick hanging against my thigh to be clearly visible in outline. :twisted:
Real men wear Speedo's

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat May 25, 2019 4:03 am

Norfcountryboy wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:01 am
I honestly don't think I've worn anything more than Speedo's for swimming in my life and as an adult I've sometimes worn a lot less in situations where I thought I could get away with it.
Sometimes I think it'd be interesting to break ranks and try swimming in baggy shorts just once, so I could find out how it feels for the other 90% of the male population.

Corrrection! I was forgetting how I sometimes wear jammers and own quite a lot of them. Dunno how I could overlook a detail like that? For info despite covering more skin I don't find them to be more conservative than briefs, much less so usually and I'd typically wear them when I'm in the mood for having my arse cheeks gripped tighter with the cleft between them, as well as my dick hanging against my thigh to be clearly visible in outline. :twisted:
I'm the same, have literally always worn speedos.

Jammers are funny though, because I'm not used to the coverage it gives me scares all the time in open water because it feels like I've been hit up or attacked by something in the water. It's just the jammers though. I do wear them if I'm doing a bit of pool bouy work in the pool while training, but speedos are just so much better, freer and less distracting to swim in and they dry so quickly.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sat May 25, 2019 6:48 am

It is strange, I occasionally wear jammers in very cold weather as I think they will be warmer! 😂
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sat May 25, 2019 7:11 am

A friend's daughter vacationing in Florida put some photos up on facebook of the scenery at South Beach Miami, suggesting it is speedoville and the comments among her friends were interesting. For example: about 5 more showed up....and every single one was gay and prancing around! All in Speedos and giggling. I loved the show!
Hide or report this
· Reply · 15h
and: actually....like 5 woman took pics for those dudes today lol. They were having several photo shoots lol
Hide or report this
· Reply · 13h
Last edited by swimmy on Sat May 25, 2019 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim-USA
United States of America

Post by Tim-USA » Sat May 25, 2019 7:14 am

Norfcountryboy wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:01 am

I tried swimming in shorts once.............................it felt like I was dragging a boat anchor, and going no where at all. The drag was unbelievable. Unlike some, I do like jammers. Nothing beats a speedo (except maybe swimming with nothing at all, but jammers come close.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sat May 25, 2019 7:26 am

............................it felt like I was dragging a boat anchor, and going no where at all. The drag was unbelievable. .
[/quote]

Those of us who swim and have worked hard and trained a lot have mastered the technique and learned how to be efficient and make our bodies slip through the water. That aspect of the sport is HUGE. Wearing the wrong suit will destroy all that. But you have to be a real swimmer to realize it. I don't know what percentage of people are real swimmers. Maybe a single digit percent? The rest would be fashion critics... either pro speedo or "disgusted".

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat May 25, 2019 4:29 pm

I also have worn jammers for swimming but honestly briefs are much more comfortable. I don’t really like having my thighs squeezed.

The only jammers I have are Funky Trunks. I’ll wear them because I think they look pretty hot. They are so low cut that it’s hard to not have my crack showing and they’re barely high enough in the front to cover my penis.
Attachments
EC46A83D-5BA2-4662-9F24-2593646398BC.jpeg
EC46A83D-5BA2-4662-9F24-2593646398BC.jpeg (88.66 KiB) Viewed 7309 times

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat May 25, 2019 9:29 pm

BJE wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:29 pm
The only jammers I have are Funky Trunks. I’ll wear them because I think they look pretty hot. They are so low cut that it’s hard to not have my crack showing and they’re barely high enough in the front to cover my penis.
I love the cut of the Funky Trunks, they fit me properly, but they're the brand that itch me!

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:09 pm

BJE wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:50 pm
I wear speedos at public pools almost exclusively.
Ever wore the Desmit suit from your profile photo?
Like I said I’m moving from the Speedo Solar to the Sporti Euro, looking for the next progression:-)

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat May 25, 2019 10:56 pm

Solar73 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:09 pm
BJE wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:50 pm
I wear speedos at public pools almost exclusively.
Ever wore the Desmit suit from your profile photo?
Like I said I’m moving from the Speedo Solar to the Sporti Euro, looking for the next progression:-)
It’s not a Desmit. It’s an Arigreben and no I haven’t worn it. It’s too skimpy on the backside for my taste.

Your next progression should be a Maris Equi. The fit is fantastic. They are low cut with narrow sides but have good coverage in the backside and an excellent bulge enhancing pouch. They are very comfortable and skimpy yet I don’t feel too exposed.
15370FE2-8762-4490-A69B-8FF06C2805D4.jpeg
15370FE2-8762-4490-A69B-8FF06C2805D4.jpeg (65.05 KiB) Viewed 7291 times
88946D55-E706-48D3-87FD-787CBE2FF463.jpeg
88946D55-E706-48D3-87FD-787CBE2FF463.jpeg (149.19 KiB) Viewed 7291 times
Another next step might be a Gary Majdell Sport brief or Greek bikini. I wear both. The brief doesn’t have a drawstring so lap swimming it it may not be a good idea. They both have enough butt coverage for me.
84E805A2-B144-462C-8131-A61F221745E2.jpeg
84E805A2-B144-462C-8131-A61F221745E2.jpeg (107.81 KiB) Viewed 7291 times
AA066389-BDF2-45E3-BC44-EA145FC49783.jpeg
AA066389-BDF2-45E3-BC44-EA145FC49783.jpeg (92.39 KiB) Viewed 7291 times

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun May 26, 2019 8:00 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:03 am
Jammers are funny though, because I'm not used to the coverage it gives me scares all the time in open water because it feels like I've been hit up or attacked by something in the water. It's just the jammers though. I do wear them if I'm doing a bit of pool bouy work in the pool while training, but speedos are just so much better, freer and less distracting to swim in and they dry so quickly.
I bought a couple pairs of jammers. A Yingfa and a TYR. Both are tech fabrics. The Yingfa is a heavier fabric. As you say, it's distracting to wear it. The TYR is a thinner fabric, and I downsized. It feels sleeker, and is super skin tight, but it's distracting in a different way. Maybe they reduce muscle vibration for elite swimmers, and maybe that improves times, but I'm not elite. I just feel sleeker in speedos. The Yingfa was US$25. The Tyr was expensive (for me) US$75. For the highest tech fabric jammers you can spend literally hundreds.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun May 26, 2019 8:06 am

BJE wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:56 pm

Your next progression should be a Maris Equi. The fit is fantastic. They are low cut with narrow sides but have good coverage in the backside and an excellent bulge enhancing pouch. They are very comfortable and skimpy yet I don’t feel too exposed.
Wow...beautiful.
Long time Speedo® lover

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:12 pm

I wear darker colors and more conservative styles at the pool and regular beach. At the nude beach however, I wear the smaller sexier styles with a high sheer rating.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon May 27, 2019 1:04 pm

SthOzGuy81 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:12 pm
I wear darker colors and more conservative styles at the pool and regular beach. At the nude beach however, I wear the smaller sexier styles with a high sheer rating.
I prefer bright colorful patterns for wearing in crowded public areas. It seems to me that patterns help conceal VPLs.

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:53 pm

BJE wrote:
SthOzGuy81 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:12 pm
I prefer bright colorful patterns for wearing in crowded public areas. It seems to me that patterns help conceal VPLs.
Nice. I don’t really have any pairs with bright colourful patterns tbh and am not overly fussed if I show a little bit of vpl. If people don’t like it they don’t have to look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon May 27, 2019 2:24 pm

SthOzGuy81 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:53 pm
Nice. I don’t really have any pairs with bright colourful patterns tbh and am not overly fussed if I show a little bit of vpl. If people don’t like it they don’t have to look!
It's crazy. Everyone knows a man has a penis. What's the big deal? That said, I remember an article from a few years ago in Esquire magazine (a popular men's publication in the U.S.) about how men should never let their nips show through a T or polo shirt. Come on! Two little bumps? It's insane.
Long time Speedo® lover

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:29 pm

Thom wrote:
SthOzGuy81 wrote:
It's crazy. Everyone knows a man has a penis. What's the big deal? That said, I remember an article from a few years ago in Esquire magazine (a popular men's publication in the U.S.) about how men should never let their nips show through a T or polo shirt. Come on! Two little bumps? It's insane.
I know right! Why do men have to cover up and hide the very thing that makes them a man? Women wear the tiniest thing bikinis and no one cares at all. And as for nipples, mine are prominent in every top I wear so I’m screwed lol

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon May 27, 2019 2:48 pm

SthOzGuy81 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 2:29 pm
Thom wrote:
SthOzGuy81 wrote:
I know right! Why do men have to cover up and hide the very thing that makes them a man? Women wear the tiniest thing bikinis and no one cares at all. And as for nipples, mine are prominent in every top I wear so I’m screwed lol
LOL! :lol: I have pointy nips too. I say we should both show them proudly. I sometimes wonder if society isn't trying to emasculate men. And men are becoming complicit in this conspiracy! Well I'm not. And I don't think you are either. Jeez, even gay guys here in the U.S. are conservative. I have a gay friend at work. I asked him if he would like some speedos that were too small for me. Never been worn. You'd think I'd offered him arsenic. "Oh NO," he said. He did take a pair of some skinny jeans.... I went to the beach with some people from work. Wore my Yingfa jammers, to be conservative. Later, somebody said, "Where did you get that Chinese number [meaning my jammers]. Jeez... They're conservative as f**k. I felt like saying, 'bugger off."
Last edited by Thom on Mon May 27, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long time Speedo® lover

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:19 pm

Thom wrote:
SthOzGuy81 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 2:29 pm
Thom wrote: It's crazy. Everyone knows a man has a penis. What's the big deal? That said, I remember an article from a few years ago in Esquire magazine (a popular men's publication in the U.S.) about how men should never let their nips show through a T or polo shirt. Come on! Two little bumps? It's insane.
LOL! :lol: I have pointy nips too. I say we should both show them proudly. I sometimes wonder if society isn't trying to emasculate men. And men are becoming complicate in this conspiracy! Well I'm not. And I don't think you are either. Jeez, even gay guys here in the U.S. are conservative. I have a gay friend at work. I asked him if he would like some speedos that were too small for me. Never been worn. You'd think I'd offered him arsenic. "Oh NO," he said. He did take a pair of some skinny jeans.... I went to the beach with some people from work. Wore my Yingfa jammers, to be conservative. Later, somebody said, "Where did you get that Chinese number [meaning my jammers]. Jeez... They're conservative as f**k. I felt like saying, 'bugger off."
Luckily in Australia we aren’t as conservative as the US about such things and a lot of older guys wear speedos as well as a lot of gays. I’ve noticed from the demographic at my pool that most men who look under 40 tend to wear shorts though.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon May 27, 2019 6:42 pm

SthOzGuy81 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 3:19 pm

Luckily in Australia we aren’t as conservative as the US about such things and a lot of older guys wear speedos as well as a lot of gays. I’ve noticed from the demographic at my pool that most men who look under 40 tend to wear shorts though.
Hmmm, it's becoming a slippery slope.
Long time Speedo® lover