G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

I just want the one-and-only Speedo Solar to get the attention it deserves

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Re: I just want the one-and-only Speedo Solar to get the attention it deserves

Post by Norfcountryboy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:24 am

speedobillyuk wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:10 am
I recall that when the solars were really 1in sides they also produced mens thongs/T-backs with the same centre seam at the front. Seen some of these recently on ebay going for over $100!
Yeah, I've got three pairs of them [See avatar], brought when they were a lot cheaper but I thought £40 was still a bit expensive. Now I'm embarrassed to see them offered for $200 or so on Ebay. To be clear I'm not a secret millionaire with a house full of Monets' and histories most expensive swimear! I can't be bothered to see how much they actually sell for but I am wondering if Speedo thongs are the new Bitcoin?
Real men wear Speedo's

speedobillyuk
Great Britain

Post by speedobillyuk » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:29 am

If Speedo still made the thongs they wouldn't be selling on ebay for a small fortune. But because they are no longer easily available, people seem prepared to pay rediculous prices... a bit like works of art once the artist is dead and not going to produce any more. New bitcoin? - well at least you would have something useful to wear - with bitcoin you could be left with absolutely nothing.
Speedos - the only way to swim...

81mardel
United States of America

Post by 81mardel » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:27 am

BriefsBro wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:21 pm
81mardel wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:14 am
I had a couple of Solars a while back and loved wearing them to swim. But then switched to the Sporti briefs since they were so much less expensive lol.
Which Sporting briefs to be exact?

I own the 3 in sides and they’re okay. However, I notice when I switch to the Solar I keep so much more to be more supportive and form-fitting around the legs than Sporti brief.

I bought it as a gateway brief. It’s still undeniably a brief but the wider sides might save me some side eyes from more conservative swimmers.
I'm worn both Sporti briefs - the regular and the Euro. I like both. The Euro is closer to the Solar in coverage and fit - it may even be a little smaller. It's a sexy suit!

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:07 am

I haven't tried the Euro, but have both the regular Sports and a Solar... The Sporti's sides are a little too big for me... but the rest of the suit is fine, especially the price! I like about a 2" side... I was looking at getting another suit, maybe a Solar since the one I have is a little too big since I've lost some weight...my waist size in pants is a 30.. some are a little big, some are a little tight... so deciding which size to wear in a Solar...according to the size chart, maybe a small...

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:45 am

SEASPEEDO wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:07 am
I haven't tried the Euro, but have both the regular Sports and a Solar... The Sporti's sides are a little too big for me... but the rest of the suit is fine, especially the price! I like about a 2" side... I was looking at getting another suit, maybe a Solar since the one I have is a little too big since I've lost some weight...my waist size in pants is a 30.. some are a little big, some are a little tight... so deciding which size to wear in a Solar...according to the size chart, maybe a small...
I’d say the Sprti Euro definitely has narrower sides than the regular Sporti. I think the Sporti Euro and the speedo solar are similarly cut except the Sporti is lower cut overall and has a lower rise waste. I will post comparison pictures when I get time.

81mardel
United States of America

Post by 81mardel » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:31 am

ExBex wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:50 am
My only Solar, and also, my only orange suit! Super comfortable suit, but I wish it was a true 1" side. I scrunched them up a little for the pic to mimic that.

Sorry for the weird socks/suit/hat look. Impromptu photo. #StylistNeeded.

SolarOrange.jpg
Very handsome!

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:30 am

81mardel wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:31 am
Very handsome!
Thanks man! ... *blush*

geauxboi
United States of America

Post by geauxboi » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:32 pm

SpeedoQuest wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:03 pm
I used to have a black thong. Now those things sell for $200+. Should have kept mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speedo-Mens-Sa ... Swtl1c1Ew7

You were absolutely right!!!!