G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Team swimsuits

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

fourof14
United States of America

Team swimsuits

Post by fourof14 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:01 pm

In my town as in most I’m sure, there are swim teams of all types. Local pool team, school teams, possible even business teams. I live in a college town, and swim in there pool. The other day I saw one of the team members in a suit not of that team. I ask a couple of the other members about the loco on the guys suit, it was a Celtic harp; I think. The guys on the team thought it might be a high school logo, but not a local high school.
The reason for this long post. I need that suit. A Speedo style suit, in black, with an Irish harp on the guys ass. Has anyone ever seen anything like this, or anything they found interesting?
Thanks in advance.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Re: Team swimsuits

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat May 18, 2019 12:07 am

I have always wanted a college swim suit from the USA but you just can’t get them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Sat May 18, 2019 7:11 am

I tried to buy school team suits while I was at uni in the US, it's almost impossible. Too bad, would love a few of them. I did once grab a water polo team members suit that someone left behind in the changer oom, not sure what happened to it though... I definitely did some dirty things with it when I got it home. lol.

fourof14
United States of America

Post by fourof14 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:11 pm

speedostud wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:11 am
I tried to buy school team suits while I was at uni in the US, it's almost impossible. Too bad, would love a few of them. I did once grab a water polo team members suit that someone left behind in the changer oom, not sure what happened to it though... I definitely did some dirty things with it when I got it home. lol.
Too True. Gettting your hands on a team suit is next to imposssible. A water Polo suit, that would be a dream come true.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat May 18, 2019 10:30 pm

Yes, there’s a college team suit I’d like to have from the college I attended but they are not available. You’d think they’d sell them like any other sports team merchandise.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun May 19, 2019 2:16 pm

speedostud wrote:
What do you have to do? Actually qualify for the team? :lol:

Pinching a water polo suit from the peg? You're badass, man! :mrgreen:

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Wed May 22, 2019 6:05 pm

[/quote]
Pinching a water polo suit from the peg? You're badass, man! :mrgreen:
[/quote]

I used to work at a pool, I know that 99% of things left behind in the change rooms never get collected. It deserved to go to a good home.

kolver100
Costa Rica

Post by kolver100 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:14 pm

My work sponsors a waterpolo team. One time, before going to an international tournament, they did an event with all partners marketing teams. So, I was invited to play in an exhibition match against the pros. In gratitude for the support and so we could play, they gave us (press and sponsors) a team suit swim brief (made by Turbo) with all brands printed around. It was a really cool day, Oh, I almost forgot! Also that day, I discovered that the team players exchange their speedos with other teams, like soccer players exchange their shirts. I noticed that some of them were playing with the teams suits from Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, Colombia.... And they confirmed it.

Harsh1994
Peru

Post by Harsh1994 » Sun May 26, 2019 9:53 pm

I once grabbed a team swimsuit from eBay. It was a HARDCORESWIM (now HARDCORESPORT) brand swim brief from the Centennial High School of Las Vegas, Nevada. I'm not sure what year is it from, but the design is gorgeous and it includes a varsity C in the front and a bulldog on the ass! I got it from a US seller that only sent domestically, so I had to order it to be delivered to my trusted freight forwarder in Miami, then it was sent to Peru. I used it a couple of times for swimming. I don't like how it fits me so much, maybe because it's 28" junior size (snugger than 28" adult size) and has wide sides (HARDCORESPORT water polo briefs has narrow sides). Here it is:

Speedos are the best swimwear around. Period.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon May 27, 2019 5:33 am

speedostud wrote:
My college has a swim team (when I attended, they didn't even have a pool, let alone a team), but I've only seen one tiny picture of the team suit from the side (mostly black with a red splice of some kind). All the other pics are heads-in-the-water shots. Anything on land has the team fully covered in a warm-up suit--with the jackets zipped up. On my next visit, I'll ask if the team suits are for sale, but I can guess what the answer will be. I noticed the basketball team wears shorts that go just below the knee, and the team also wears white tights under them, so they don't show any bare leg at all! It's Victorian!
Long time Speedo® lover

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon May 27, 2019 6:52 am

The swim and dive team at the college I went to wear narrow sides speedos. I think a few years ago they were wearing jammers. NCAA rules require that men’s swimsuits cannot go above the waist or below the knee. That allows for either briefs or jammers. I’ve noticed in pictures of swim meets that some teams wear jammers. I’m glad that my school’s team has chosen briefs.

I’d really like to have one of their suits. I love the cut.
Attachments
FBBA69C9-C36C-4BDB-8685-84AA7F05A61F.jpeg
FBBA69C9-C36C-4BDB-8685-84AA7F05A61F.jpeg (142.15 KiB) Viewed 5724 times
CD19B5D8-4E8C-480D-B5DF-1B53D13CBCA6.jpeg
CD19B5D8-4E8C-480D-B5DF-1B53D13CBCA6.jpeg (150.95 KiB) Viewed 5724 times
C7880B40-3338-413D-B309-CFBF06B14CDC.jpeg
C7880B40-3338-413D-B309-CFBF06B14CDC.jpeg (139.02 KiB) Viewed 5724 times

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon May 27, 2019 9:22 am

BJE wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 6:52 am
The swim and dive team at the college I went to wear narrow sides speedos. I think a few years ago they were wearing jammers. NCAA rules require that men’s swimsuits cannot go above the waist or below the knee. That allows for either briefs or jammers. I’ve noticed in pictures of swim meets that some teams wear jammers. I’m glad that my school’s team has chosen briefs.

Checking what few pictures my college team has posted--a small one showing a suit worn by someone diving and a few others where you can see the suit style below the surface of the water--it looks like my college's team is wearing briefs. When I used the pool on a visit to the campus maybe eight years ago, the men's team was practicing and most wore briefs (but not the team suit), plus a couple in bulky drag suits. The black and red suit color looks good, from what little I've seen. I'm thinking of asking that, if I make an extra alumni contribution, will they send me a team suit.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon May 27, 2019 9:25 am

BJE wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 6:52 am

The cut of that blue suit in your pics is awesome. The black suits are narrow too. And not a jammer in sight.

No cool pics on my college's site. :cry:
Last edited by Thom on Mon May 27, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long time Speedo® lover

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon May 27, 2019 10:05 am

I would like to have the black suit in the dive picture.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon May 27, 2019 2:11 pm

BJE wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 10:05 am
I would like to have the black suit in the dive picture.
Yes, me too. Your college swim team buys narrow cuts. I wish I knew the brand. Maybe you can bribe them by making a contribution to the Alumni Fund. That's my plan. :lol:
Long time Speedo® lover

tyler.ellist

Post by tyler.ellist » Tue May 28, 2019 7:32 am

BJE wrote:I would like to have the black suit in the dive picture.
Agreed. The piece look amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk