G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Not seeing speedos in Mallorca

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

sandford50
Great Britain

Not seeing speedos in Mallorca

Post by sandford50 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:40 am

Have hit the beach this weekend in Puerto Pollensa, mallorca/ Majorca and sad to report a total lack of our favourite swimwear. Apart from me, it’s all long board shorts. There’s even a young guy sunbathing in knee length denims and t-shirt, while his GF flaunts it in a tiny string bikini. Go figure 😕

GermanSpeedoGuy
Germany

Re: Not seeing speedos in Mallorca

Post by GermanSpeedoGuy » Sun May 19, 2019 12:28 am

sandford50 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:40 am
Have hit the beach this weekend in Puerto Pollensa, mallorca/ Majorca and sad to report a total lack of our favourite swimwear. Apart from me, it’s all long board shorts. There’s even a young guy sunbathing in knee length denims and t-shirt, while his GF flaunts it in a tiny string bikini. Go figure 😕
Thats really sad. I think its because mallorca is sometimes called the 17th german stae because so many young germans are going there to get drunk and party. And they dont wear speedos that much. I went wo tenerife and on the first day I saw at least 5 guys in speedos on the beach and 1 at our hotel pool. And there were many others wearing square cuta or jammers. I'd defenetly recommend it!

Jrod1001
United States of America

Post by Jrod1001 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:24 am

Mallorca is a beautiful island to visit. Disappointed to hear that about the absence of speedos, Sandford. I went 3 years ago, in August. While I did not see a ton of guys in them, there would always be at least 1, or a few on the beach.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Thu May 23, 2019 1:41 am

GermanSpeedoGuy wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:28 am
sandford50 wrote:
Thats really sad. I think its because mallorca is sometimes called the 17th german stae because so many young germans are going there to get drunk and party. And they dont wear speedos that much. I went wo tenerife and on the first day I saw at least 5 guys in speedos on the beach and 1 at our hotel pool. And there were many others wearing square cuta or jammers. I'd defenetly recommend it!
I agree about the get drunk and party part of it. But I don’t think it’s limited to Germans. Every photo or video I have seen of Mallorca, it's the same crowd of young "Spring Breaker" types who get drunk, party, in the clubs at night and the beach during the day. The guys will only wear long board shorts because they’re all peer pressure driven. The gals will wear their skimpy bikinis. This same scene plays out exactly the same in every party beach resort worldwide such as Florida, Mexico, etc., because the whole party scene adopts itself from American style excess. And part of American style is adherance to boardshort culture and shunning of speedos.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

GermanSpeedoGuy
Germany

Post by GermanSpeedoGuy » Fri May 24, 2019 7:55 am

diveguy wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:41 am
GermanSpeedoGuy wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:28 am
sandford50 wrote:
I agree about the get drunk and party part of it. But I don’t think it’s limited to Germans. Every photo or video I have seen of Mallorca, it's the same crowd of young "Spring Breaker" types who get drunk, party, in the clubs at night and the beach during the day. The guys will only wear long board shorts because they’re all peer pressure driven. The gals will wear their skimpy bikinis. This same scene plays out exactly the same in every party beach resort worldwide such as Florida, Mexico, etc., because the whole party scene adopts itself from American style excess. And part of American style is adherance to boardshort culture and shunning of speedos.
Thats sadly true. And I dont know if its like this for other countries but gere in germany we have many people that are kinda famous for performing on mallorca like Micky Krause. They are mostly only performing german music there. And there are so many people that party there