G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo malfunction question

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

fourof14
United States of America

Speedo malfunction question

Post by fourof14 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:56 pm

I was swimming today in my oldest, and my favorite suit. It occurred to me that my suit due to age and chlorine could sheared. Or is it more likely that the seams would give way, and give me time to make it to the locker room.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Re: Speedo malfunction question

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:32 am

I find the material usually stretches in the butt or in the front. I’ve never had a rip. For Nylon, the chlorine washes the colour out and it goes transparent before any problems with the material.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:01 am

I've worn out many a swimsuit over the years from daily lap swimming. They didn't used to be as long lasting as some new ones like Endurance and Chloroban. But I never have ripped one or torn the seams. The fabric just gets real loose and saggy and virtually see through. No support and they just stretch out everywhere, ridiculously impossible to wear.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:29 am

The only malfunctions I've heard off is the drawstring breaking. But usually that's discovered when a guy puts his suit on, BEFORE he's entered the pool. I think suits can became faded and saggy and almost see-through, like swimmy says, but probably don't burst apart.

fourof14
United States of America

Post by fourof14 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:47 pm

Transparency: Seems that turns out to be the problem. The other day I bought a pair of fog proof googles, and when I when to went to retie my suit I notice I could see my dick. Maybe that's always been the case, but now that I have better googles I just now noticed. When I'm not in the water, I can't see through them, but add water and... Hello!

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:48 pm

I'm guessing it's not an actual Speedo brand, perhaps not even any top brand swim brief? Fair assumption in a forum that really is most attentive to the bulge and vpl.

fourof14
United States of America

Post by fourof14 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:47 pm

True, it’s an N2N. Very, very old. I think what may be happening is the suit is becoming more transport, but it seems to be stretching as the fabric loses resilience. Still a nice suit and while I’m swimming, it feels like I have a string around my waist. I really don’t feel the suit at all.

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:20 pm

I had an International Male suit rip at a side seam after only a few times in the pool. The top most section, where the string goes through, and the stitching down at the leg openings were ok, but the side seam just popped/ripped one day.

Silkysmooth
United States of America

Post by Silkysmooth » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:56 am

I was wearing an old speedo in Florida and this one guy kept going by, although he had shades on I could tell he was interested in what he was seeing. He wasn't exactly my type but it was late in the day so I decided to approach him. After a very short conversation he told me my nutsack was hanging out. It was and that's what all the passbys were about. Worn out elastic. BTW, I blew him because he was shaved.♥️