G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Can Speedos solve the problem?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

DutchSpeedoLover
Netherlands

Can Speedos solve the problem?

Post by DutchSpeedoLover » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:05 am

Now that it is summer, there are also regular reports that groups of young people are causing problems in outdoor swimming pools. These are the typical young people who wear board shorts with underpants underneath. They cause noise nuisance, they have sexist behavior towards women, make nasty comments to men in Speedos or fatter people in swimsuits. For me this is a reason why I prefer to go to quieter pools or beaches where these young people don't go.

In my opinion, this problem could largely be solved if swimming pools make it mandatory to wear real swimwear. So for men this means Speedos. I don't see these young guys, who cause these problems, wearing a Speedo that fast, they think this is too gay or are ashamed that everyone can see their bulge. So they won't come to the pools.

What do you think? Can Speedos solve this problem?

clem
United States of America

Re: Can Speedos solve the problem?

Post by clem » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:57 am

Haha. We can only wish...

But really--my outdoor pool starts the day with adult lap swim, which is awesome; nice people I've known and seen for years getting a workout. But as it approaches the top of hour, the hoardes of delinquents, wannabe gangsters and thugs, unruly kids dumped off for pool-as-daycare, and every other young jerkoff are gathering at the gate.

Just this year: a stray pop bottle was left on the lockerroom floor and a large kid took it and was hitting it against the wall and every other hard surface he could find, seeing what it took to break it. I grabbed it out of his hand and threw it out, hearing expletives from him the whole time. The guards can't be everywhere, plus they're not prepared to be cops. It really sucks to see how the place changes in an hour. Maybe making every male wear briefs ain't a bad idea.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:38 am

Making it mandatory and enforce it. That should help. Perhaps even making it mandatory that young ones under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or someone authorized by the parents.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:44 am

Here-s a link concerning aquatic programs in the City of Toronto:

https://www.toronto.ca/311/knowledgebas ... suits.html

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:06 pm

I wish my athletic club would enforce their rule if no workout clothes in the pool.

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:01 pm

speedoboi wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:38 am
Making it mandatory and enforce it. That should help. Perhaps even making it mandatory that young ones under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or someone authorized by the parents.
I’d personally go for all guys, like in most French pools, to only be allowed to wear speedos (briefs) square cuts or jammers, NO shorts or baggy clown pants as I call them for kids.
And to make it far, all females must wear appropriate swimwear, both style and fit (so no skimpy bikinis 2 sizes too small).
And lastly my pet hate, any female under 16 has to wear an appropriate swimsuit, a toddler for example doesn’t need to be dressed in a skimpy bikini for any reason.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:05 pm

DutchSpeedoLover wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:05 am
Now that it is summer, there are also regular reports that groups of young people are causing problems in outdoor swimming pools. These are the typical young people who wear board shorts with underpants underneath. They cause noise nuisance, they have sexist behavior towards women, make nasty comments to men in Speedos or fatter people in swimsuits. For me this is a reason why I prefer to go to quieter pools or beaches where these young people don't go.
Hahaha! I get the point you're trying to make. Compulsory speedo-wearing would improve the aesthetics at pools I think. Maybe even the hygiene. Unfortunately, there's no solution to people with obnoxious personalities. And, yes, many young men do go through a stage of being offensive just for the sake of being offensive. Maybe it's some weird mating display? Hopefully, they'll meet a nice girl and grow out of it! :lol:

geauxboi
United States of America

Post by geauxboi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:24 pm

DutchSpeedoLover wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:05 am

In my opinion, this problem could largely be solved if swimming pools make it mandatory to wear real swimwear. So for men this means Speedos. I don't see these young guys, who cause these problems, wearing a Speedo that fast, they think this is too gay or are ashamed that everyone can see their bulge. So they won't come to the pools.

What do you think? Can Speedos solve this problem?
Your thoughts and solutions on this issue are spot on. I just do not find men wearing anything but long floppy board shorts, with 100% cotton boxer briefs underneath!(I always see a FTL or Hanes waistband on most guys). How can this be comfortable or cool in 95 degree heat in the summer time! Let's just face it, the majority of men do not give a hoot about the kind of clothes they wear period, especially swimwear. Clothes of any kind is just something you have to have, not something you want, or enthusiastic about.

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:39 am

I dont think they are ever going to ban shorts just to keep teenagers and young men away.
They can usually be avoided by swimming morning sessions anyway.

Though all pools absolutely should require swim specific clothing.
Basically nothing you wore on the street should ever enter the pool water. Underwear, shorts, t-shirt, hat, even swimsuits, these should all be banned if worn before swimming.
Basically must change all clothing.

Would be nice if people would quickly shower before swimming and if they poop too.
And all pools should have the purple pee stuff.

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:23 am

Yes, in swimmingpools in- and outdoors should nothing be worn that can be used as street-clothing, like bord-shorts or so. Speedos or really special swimming-attire should be mandatory in swimmingpools. First of all by hygienic reasons, even if it is said that the technical purification would be able to clean the water rapidly. But pollution shouldn't even arise!

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:57 am

The word "swimming" gets misused often, the correct words might be "waterplay" or "splash and scream".
Luckily my pool rarely combines "adult lap swim" with "open swim" (splash and scream). However, during lap swim time the lane lines are in and no lifeguard is present, kids will help themselves to the pool. We adults become the authority and either tell the kids they can't be in the pool, or use the wall phone to notify the desk that the shift manager is needed at the pool. Myself, I prefer to call them over for a chat about what lap swim means and challenge them to a race. And warn them to at least stay in one lane out of my way and get off the lane lines and quit jumping off the starting blocks. Lots of kids will accept the challenge or leave the pool. I like to get along with kids, part of what I'm doing there is trying to set a good example of physical fitness. Another is to offer swimming tips to anyone who needs them. Nobody ever says NO to a master swimmer offering advice. And again, as I have said probably a hundred times in these forums, NOBODY has ever given me shit about wearing a proper competition name brand swim brief. At any pool I've ever been to, and that's a lot. If anything is said it's more likely to be something like "wow mister, you look like Tarzan." That really has happened!

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:34 am

swimmy wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:57 am
The word "swimming" gets misused often, the correct words might be "waterplay" or "splash and scream".
Luckily my pool rarely combines "adult lap swim" with "open swim" (splash and scream). However, during lap swim time the lane lines are in and no lifeguard is present, kids will help themselves to the pool. We adults become the authority and either tell the kids they can't be in the pool, or use the wall phone to notify the desk that the shift manager is needed at the pool. Myself, I prefer to call them over for a chat about what lap swim means and challenge them to a race. And warn them to at least stay in one lane out of my way and get off the lane lines and quit jumping off the starting blocks. Lots of kids will accept the challenge or leave the pool. I like to get along with kids, part of what I'm doing there is trying to set a good example of physical fitness. Another is to offer swimming tips to anyone who needs them. Nobody ever says NO to a master swimmer offering advice. And again, as I have said probably a hundred times in these forums, NOBODY has ever given me shit about wearing a proper competition name brand swim brief. At any pool I've ever been to, and that's a lot. If anything is said it's more likely to be something like "wow mister, you look like Tarzan." That really has happened!
What a good example to set!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:09 pm

I think that if the pool isn’t set up for serious swimming it’s just for jumping in to cool off. In that case you can’t make people wear something they don’t want to. However, for a serious natatorium you should have to wear speedos or jammers etc.
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!