G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

SCUBA in Speedo

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Caged4Good
United States of America

SCUBA in Speedo

Post by Caged4Good » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:55 pm

Hi Guys,

Not sure if there’s a thread on this topic, but wasn’t finding one when I tried searching.

I’m in the process of getting my SCUBA certification and did my confined pool dives in NJ this weekend. Since the pool was so warm no one wore a wetsuit. I wore just my speedo style swim briefs. There were 7 of us (both sexes) in class ranging in age from 11 to 50. 3 were adults and 4 were pre/early teens, plus 3 instructors.

I was the only guy wearing a swim brief. The others wore normal swim shorts or board shorts. It felt great and no one said a thing. I plan on wearing a swim brief or thong under my wetsuit. Hoping in warmer climates to just wear a swim brief.

Would appreciate hearing from other divers on their experience.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandford50
Great Britain

Re: SCUBA in Speedo

Post by sandford50 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:45 pm

Definetely wore a speedo under my shortie wetsuit for scubaing. Would have liked to just wear a speedo when out in the sea, but I think the wetsuit works best at 30m and when wreck and reef exploring.

Tim-USA
United States of America

Post by Tim-USA » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:57 am

SCUBA in a speedo is the next best thing to SCUBA naked, but then you would have to worry about hungry fish.

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Probably this has been posted before but is this the best of both worlds? Aussiebum neoprene brief 2016-17 season.
Real men wear Speedo's

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:10 pm

Norfcountryboy wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:54 pm
Probably this has been posted before but is this the best of both worlds? Aussiebum neoprene brief 2016-17 season.
Wow.... Thanks NCB. Didn't know they made this. I want one.
Long time Speedo® lover

Caged4Good
United States of America

Post by Caged4Good » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Norfcountryboy wrote:Probably this has been posted before but is this the best of both worlds? Aussiebum neoprene brief 2016-17 season.
That is very cool. Definitely worth considering.

Caged4Good
United States of America

Post by Caged4Good » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:25 pm

sandford50 wrote:Definetely wore a speedo under my shortie wetsuit for scubaing. Would have liked to just wear a speedo when out in the sea, but I think the wetsuit works best at 30m and when wreck and reef exploring.
That makes sense too at lower depths and for protection. Still love the idea of a speedo for more shallow areas.

violaboy
United States of America

Post by violaboy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:54 pm

I wear a speedo under my scuba wetsuit. I've found that some others do as well, but people more often have board shorts (which I imagine would be uncomfortable). One time the water was so warm that I didn't need a wetsuit, so I was just in my speedo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:20 pm

violaboy wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:54 pm
I wear a speedo under my scuba wetsuit. I've found that some others do as well, but people more often have board shorts (which I imagine would be uncomfortable). One time the water was so warm that I didn't need a wetsuit, so I was just in my speedo.

I wear a speedo or nothing under a wetsuit.
I too have seen guys trying to stuff boardies into wetsuits and end up looking they are wearing a full nappy or diaper!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

violaboy
United States of America

Post by violaboy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:25 pm

Scottiebum wrote:
violaboy wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:54 pm

I wear a speedo or nothing under a wetsuit.
I too have seen guys trying to stuff boardies into wetsuits and end up looking they are wearing a full nappy or diaper!
I can't even imagine how it feels. And then afterwards, it takes the board shorts forever to dry!

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:07 am

I don't understand people trying to put on a wetsuit over board shorts. I always wear my speedo or square cuts under my wetsuit.

Caged4Good
United States of America

Post by Caged4Good » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:03 am

The thought of it makes me cringe. Not to mention being uncomfortable.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:21 pm

I'm not a scuba diver but an avid snorkeler and freediver, and doing that in a speedo is the best! Yes, the water has to be warm enough, but if you scuba in some spectacular location such as Bonaire, you can probably get by with only your speedo. I've seen surfers donning or taking off their wetsuits and often they've been wearing speedos or square cuts underneath. Not uncommon at all. I just wish they'd wear them to the beach, too.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:38 am

Speedos under a wetsuit for me.

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:46 am

I've never seen anyone try to wear shorts under a wetsuit.

Birdsong73

Post by Birdsong73 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:03 am

I just returned from 3 days of scuba diving in the FL Keys. The water was 87 degrees Fahrenheit so I wore a long sleeve, white TYR SPF sun shirt and some of my favorite orange TYR swim briefs. I didn’t get cold and it was amazing and very liberating. My family didn’t care and the dive master at first thought I didn’t have on anything.

If I have to wear a wetsuit because of the environment, I always wear a swim brief under my wetsuit. It just makes the most sense. On my first day of open water certification training diving, I had to put on a heavy 7mm wet suit. I learned the hard way that swim trunks ride up when you slip on a heavy wetsuit and no matter what you do, you can’t adjust them to where they feel comfortable. I left that first day and on my way home I drove to a swim shop and bought my very first swim brief (basic navy blue Speedo brand 3” brief). I wore it on the second day and did get some looks from the other men, but the instructor had on briefs and I knew I did the right thing when the wetsuit slid right on. By the way, some of the male students actually put on control top pantyhose on over their swim trunks to try and get into their wetsuit. And they thought I looked funny? 😝

Caged4Good
United States of America

Post by Caged4Good » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:16 pm

I’m going to adopt the approach to dive in a swim brief unless a wetsuit is needed. I think it would be more enjoyable.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:44 am

Birdsong73 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:03 am
By the way, some of the male students actually put on control top pantyhose on over their swim trunks to try and get into their wetsuit. And they thought I looked funny? 😝
How silly. That reminds me of dudes hiking their boardshorts up as high on their thighs as possible when laying out, just to try to get some tan in their white pasty legs. Just wear smaller swimsuits, fuckheads!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy