G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedos under gym clothes.

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:05 am

Does anyone on the forum wear speedos under you gym clothes when working out?
I have done it a few times and find that the Speedos don’t hold the sweat like cotton undies.
I have also worn Aussiebum seamless briefs and these work quite well but not holding the sweat for long and drying quite quickly.
Not a fan of running tights/leggings.
Just thought I would throw this out to all the members.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Re: Speedos under gym clothes.

Post by Scottiebum » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:55 am

No, don't wear speedos for that.

I try to wear lycra shorts or tights that have enough shape, support and tightness not to need any underwear.

If I do wear anything it is small thongs.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:10 am

Yes, I always wear speedos under my shorts. Holds everything in place. Also being middle aged, don’t have to do the awkward towel dance when taking off my shorts in the locker room in case some guy sees that I’m wearing them! Wear speedos with pride

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:19 am

sandford50 wrote:Yes, I always wear speedos under my shorts. Holds everything in place. Also being middle aged, don’t have to do the awkward towel dance when taking off my shorts in the locker room in case some guy sees that I’m wearing them! Wear speedos with pride
Love it Sandford. I am the same. I can wear them in the locker room but when I go swimming after I put swim shorts over the top. I think it’s a body image thing being so top heavy. I am 19stone at the moment. Haven’t been to the gym in 2 years. Need to sort something out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

MISwimmer

Post by MISwimmer » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:20 pm

I ran at the beach today with my arena swim brief under my nylon running shorts. When I finished the run, grabbed by swim goggles, dropped the running shorts and did my open water swim training. There were three woman on the beach when I got out of the water (Mom: 70’s and maybe a daughter and cousin: 40’s) and heard them say: “wow, he’s a really good swimmer and pulls the suits off well.” I nodded and smiled. They’re right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:49 pm

I don't go to gym at moment, so question is non-applicable. I think speedos are pretty comfy, however, as athlete "underwear". Does keep your junk under control and all. Jockstraps are possibly too American. But there's a lot of stuff designed now for workouts anyway - shorts and tights and underwear and things. Spoilt for choice, really. :P

81mardel
United States of America

Post by 81mardel » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:25 am

MISwimmer wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:20 pm
I ran at the beach today with my arena swim brief under my nylon running shorts. When I finished the run, grabbed by swim goggles, dropped the running shorts and did my open water swim training. There were three woman on the beach when I got out of the water (Mom: 70’s and maybe a daughter and cousin: 40’s) and heard them say: “wow, he’s a really good swimmer and pulls the suits off well.” I nodded and smiled. They’re right!

They ARE right! ;)

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:49 am

Nice. That's good publicity for our cause. :P
MISwimmer wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:20 pm

Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:08 am

Yep, love wearing my speedos under my footy shorts at the gym.

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:38 am

I wear a speedo under my gym shorts. If it's super hot and I'm sweating a bunch, the gym shorts end up absorbing a lot. The speedo does its job of wicking water away. When it's cooler out, I wear spandex shorts or leggings, with no shorts over top. I'm actually looking forward to fall a little, although once fall hits, I miss the speedo weather. It's the circle of life.

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:48 pm

No I haven’t don’t this bit it sounds hot, not sure why I haven’t done it!

I’ll wear a speedo under my gym shorts tomorrow when I hit the gym. Usually I like jockstraps or looser underwear at the gym, and I don’t really care if I have a bulge or vpl visible in my gym shorts so I never wear any tight underwear.

ReservedEnthusiast
Italy

Post by ReservedEnthusiast » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:57 am

I’ll have to wear a pair the next time I go running through the park.... Though it’ll have to be a cheaper pair because I don’t want to ruin my nice ones with sweat and extra wear and tear....

MexGCM
Mexico

Post by MexGCM » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:50 am

No. I've always wear thong under my gym tights, i like how it holds everything in place, plus the clean look of the spandex avoiding visible panty lines.

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:42 pm

No, I don't wear speedos as underwear. Under my gym clothes I wear normal sports-underwear. When wearing special gym-shorts then nothing additional is necessary.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:25 pm

No, as don't go to gym. However, it's a perfectly reasonable proposition. Can't see why anyone wouldn't wear speedos under gym clothes - unless, of course, they have some special, gym-friendly undies or something. :P

tanodle5
United States of America

Post by tanodle5 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:34 am

I don't go to the gym either, but I do wear them under my shorts when I'm out for runs. Not the looser fitting aussiebum type stuff, but usually tighter/grippier suits like the solar. I also do pushups/situps in the privacy of my home. I like doing that sort of exercise in my speedo and nothing else!

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:29 am

speedostud wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:08 am
Yep, love wearing my speedos under my footy shorts at the gym.
Ooh, now that's fantasy material - two of my favourite items of male attire put together! Practical too! :lol:

UkiwaKyopan
Japan

Post by UkiwaKyopan » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:40 pm

In case you like exercising in your Speedos

https://youtu.be/TtM2ZqxPP4k

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:58 pm

Has anyone actually bought any of those special gym undies? I know, in Australia, we have all these sweat-resistant, no-sweat, work-to-surf designs supposedly worn by tradies, and undies by Bonds made from some quick-drying material that is almost swimwear and hugs the body like swimwear. I don't buy it because I like cotton next to my skin. :oops:

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:00 pm

Not for the gym but here are some older pics of speedos under shorts for going to the beach.
Attachments
SAM_3006.png
SAM_3006.png (209.85 KiB) Viewed 7960 times
SAM_3301.png
SAM_3301.png (303.67 KiB) Viewed 7960 times
SAM_6737.png
SAM_6737.png (367.75 KiB) Viewed 7960 times
Straight
Scottish
Speedo