G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Wearing Speedos in Bali

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Wearing Speedos in Bali

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:38 pm

Hey guys, does anyone here ever holiday in Bali? If you do, do you wear speedos on the beach there, and what part of Bali was it?

I was there last year in Nusa Dua and wore speedos on the beach with no negative reaction at all. There were quite a few Russian and European men there also wearing them. My next trip I’m looking at staying in the Seminyak area.

Let me know your experiences!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueflinch
Australia

Re: Wearing Speedos in Bali

Post by blueflinch » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:47 pm

I haven't been to Bali myself. I imagine speedos would be fine in the areas designated for tourists. I would wear shorts perhaps in the more conservative Muslim parts of the country. But a beach/pool where tourists go should be open to Western swimming attire.

The one thing you don't want to do in Bali - anything concerning drugs. Remember poor Schapelle Corby! A prison sentence is not a nice end to a holiday! :roll:

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:20 am

blueflinch wrote:I haven't been to Bali myself. I imagine speedos would be fine in the areas designated for tourists. I would wear shorts perhaps in the more conservative Muslim parts of the country. But a beach/pool where tourists go should be open to Western swimming attire.

The one thing you don't want to do in Bali - anything concerning drugs. Remember poor Schapelle Corby! A prison sentence is not a nice end to a holiday! :roll:
Speedos seemed acceptable in the Nusa Dua area and I wore them always on the beach and around the pool resort. Most guys were in shorts but most older guys wore speedos. I’m just hoping it’s the same in the Seminyak area, where I’m staying this time.

I’ll have to go down and check out the beach there and see what everyone’s wearing. Apparently Seminyak is popular with gays so I dare say there will be a few guys wearing them at the beach there!

Luckily I don’t do drugs, I’ll only be having alcohol there. Now to wait the 2 months til the trip!

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:45 am

With so many Australians Speedos aren't going to be a problem in the tourist areas.

It's sort of just the Americans who are weird about them.

Budgiesmuggler
Australia

Post by Budgiesmuggler » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:24 am

I live in my speedos when I'm in Bali (always in Seminyak). You'll be fine. Wear them at the beach. Wear them at the pool. Wear them at Waterbom Park. Enjoy!

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:11 am

Aircat wrote:With so many Australians Speedos aren't going to be a problem in the tourist areas.

It's sort of just the Americans who are weird about them.
Good thing there’s so many Australians holidaying in Bali then!

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:17 am

Budgiesmuggler wrote:I live in my speedos when I'm in Bali (always in Seminyak). You'll be fine. Wear them at the beach. Wear them at the pool. Wear them at Waterbom Park. Enjoy!
This will be my first time going to Seminyak and I plan on hitting the beach a few times. Great to hear that you live in your speedos in Bali! I’ve only been to the beach at Nusa Dua so haven’t seen the other beaches yet.

I must admit that when I went to Waterbom earlier this year that I ended up wearing Aussiebum rugby shorts with a speedo underneath. Not one other guy that I saw had speedos on there. Will be going back to Waterbom so I may just heed your suggestion and wear the speedo only!

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:24 pm

Just don't do what I saw at Sundays Beach Club in Uluwatu. A VERY red, very burnt white guy, wearing a white Speedo thong. Half the local Balinese working at the beach bar were having to walk off after struggling to contain their laughter, the other half did not seem too impressed.

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:31 pm

swimsharkau wrote:Just don't do what I saw at Sundays Beach Club in Uluwatu. A VERY red, very burnt white guy, wearing a white Speedo thong. Half the local Balinese working at the beach bar were having to walk off after struggling to contain their laughter, the other half did not seem too impressed.
OMG that’s hilarious! Rest assured I wouldn’t dare wear such a thing on a public beach. A regular 1.5 speedo yeah but not a thong of any description!

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:09 am

There are heaps of Aussies there, so bound to be speedos. Probably more acceptable around the pool that at the beach in the bigger areas, but they wouldn't really care either way.

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:25 pm

speedostud wrote:There are heaps of Aussies there, so bound to be speedos. Probably more acceptable around the pool that at the beach in the bigger areas, but they wouldn't really care either way.
Judging by the replies the overall consensus is that as long as the swimwear is not obscene or see through then it’ll be fine, unlike the high sheer rating pairs I wear at the nude beach here! Got a villa in Bali this time with a private pool so won’t need to sit around a resort pool with a bunch of families.

Budgiesmuggler
Australia

Post by Budgiesmuggler » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:30 am

SthOzGuy81 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:17 am
Budgiesmuggler wrote:I live in my speedos when I'm in Bali (always in Seminyak). You'll be fine. Wear them at the beach. Wear them at the pool. Wear them at Waterbom Park. Enjoy!
This will be my first time going to Seminyak and I plan on hitting the beach a few times. Great to hear that you live in your speedos in Bali! I’ve only been to the beach at Nusa Dua so haven’t seen the other beaches yet.

I must admit that when I went to Waterbom earlier this year that I ended up wearing Aussiebum rugby shorts with a speedo underneath. Not one other guy that I saw had speedos on there. Will be going back to Waterbom so I may just heed your suggestion and wear the speedo only!

Yeah do it! Nobody care in Bali, it's laid back.

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:42 pm

[/quote]

Yeah do it! Nobody care in Bali, it's laid back.[/quote]

I don’t even know why I really care tbh but I just hope to see other guys in them too on the beach.

PoserJunkie

Post by PoserJunkie » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:19 am

I'm Indonesian, living in Indonesia. And I can assure you, Bali is really different from any other cities in Indonesia.
The majority there are Hindus and not Moslems, and as long as you don't do sex or litter on the beach, you'll be fine.
Wear speedos at the beach all day long. I encourage you. :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:37 am

blueflinch wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:47 pm

Very good advice. Over the years I've noted a number of U.S. citizens have run afoul of drug laws overseas. They've ended up in prison, and the U.S. embassy really can't do anything--to their horror. The thought of being stuck in a foreign prison for fifteen years is more than depressing. :shock:
Long time Speedo® lover

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:40 pm

PoserJunkie wrote:I'm Indonesian, living in Indonesia. And I can assure you, Bali is really different from any other cities in Indonesia.
The majority there are Hindus and not Moslems, and as long as you don't do sex or litter on the beach, you'll be fine.
Wear speedos at the beach all day long. I encourage you. :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Thank you very much mate, I think I just might wear the speedos in Seminyak! Well I wouldn’t dream of littering or engaging in sex on the beach in Bali, or anywhere really. It’s such a beautiful place and it’s a shame there’s already so much litter on the beaches there.

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:42 pm

Thom wrote:
blueflinch wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:47 pm

Very good advice. Over the years I've noted a number of U.S. citizens have run afoul of drug laws overseas. They've ended up in prison, and the U.S. embassy really can't do anything--to their horror. The thought of being stuck in a foreign prison for fifteen years is more than depressing. :shock:
Yet people still foolishly get involved in drugs in foreign countries. You’d think the risk of long term imprisonment or the death penalty would be a good deterrent.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:56 pm

SthOzGuy81 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:42 pm
Thom wrote:
Yet people still foolishly get involved in drugs in foreign countries. You’d think the risk of long term imprisonment or the death penalty would be a good deterrent.
http://www.somaxsports.com/index.php
You'd think. If I was in a foreign country, I'd be very careful. Also, driving under the influence penalties can be draconian too. I might only have a glass of red wine in my hotel when my only vehicle would be the elevator.
Long time Speedo® lover

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:08 pm

I was there 6 years ago, never had any trouble wearing swim briefs. I definitely wouldn’t recommend doing that in the Muslim parts of the country though. Also I second everything other posters have said about drugs. You definitely don’t want anything to do with them anywhere in Southeast Asia! Also if you do drink in a bar, make sure that your drink is with you or a friend you trust at all times!
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:47 am

Re drugs. Beware that all the local dealers are actually police snitches, their business is to sell then call the cops on you and get a percentage of the bribe. Alleys full of very open dealers are the worst for this, they get away with the blatant dealing because they work with the cops.