G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Miami

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Straightguync

Miami

Post by Straightguync » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Hey guys. I’m heading to Miami in December. Just curious if anyone has any recommendations on shops or anything to do down there. Also, is the weather usually warm enough to wear a speedo that time of year?

52dno98
United States of America

Re: Miami

Post by 52dno98 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:11 am

My wife and I went to south beach for part of our honeymoon a number of years ago. We weren't in any of the typically racy parts, either (I think there are both nude and mainly-gay sections), and we still saw a random guy in a g-string thong. We were there in October, and it was definitely warm enough to go to the beach.

Don't know about December, though.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:06 pm

Straightguync wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:33 pm
Hey guys. I’m heading to Miami in December. Just curious if anyone has any recommendations on shops or anything to do down there. Also, is the weather usually warm enough to wear a speedo that time of year?
The air temperature would average in the high seventies and the water temperature would be in the mid-seventies, but it's been warmer in the winter lately. Cooler and less humid than October, for sure. It feels cool for those of us who live in South Florida because the humidity is a lot lower in the winter. In the sun on the sand, you should feel warm enough in a speedo; I hit the beach in mid-November and was comfortable. But in the shade it would feel pretty cool. The sun will still burn you fairly easily from 10am to 2pm, even in winter. For interesting shopping, visit Lincoln Road in Miami Beach. There's a historic mansion called Vizcaya that's very interesting in South Miami on the mainland; I think they still have a restaurant there. I haven't tried them in Miami, but I've heard the boat tours are interesting. I took one in Fort Lauderdale that went along the intracoastal and into the canals that run past the homes of the wealthy.
Long time Speedo® lover

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:18 pm

I went there a few years back..I was the only one on the beach for most of the day, and it was 75 degrees

The locals were dressed up in parkas and jeans, and I was in a tank and shorts.

I’d hate to see them during winter in the north!!

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:43 pm

I was there for a couple days last summer but the weather wasn’t all that great so hardly anyone was out on the beach. But I did rock my N2N NitroX swimsuit that has these super sexy mesh panels. I wore it to the beach, then walked back to our hotel with only a linen tee shirt and flip flops, then jumped into the hotel’s plunge pool with a few others. No one cared at all! Our hotel was a few blocks from where we were on the beach, all in the most dense areas of Miami! I forget the name of the hotel but it was a Marriott boutique hotel that was part of their Autograph Collection. Blue something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:47 pm

chicagoswim wrote:I was there for a couple days last summer but the weather wasn’t all that great so hardly anyone was out on the beach. But I did rock my N2N NitroX swimsuit that has these super sexy mesh panels. I wore it to the beach, then walked back to our hotel with only a linen tee shirt and flip flops, then jumped into the hotel’s plunge pool with a few others. No one cared at all! Our hotel was a few blocks from where we were on the beach, all in the most dense areas of Miami! I forget the name of the hotel but it was a Marriott boutique hotel that was part of their Autograph Collection. Blue something...

We stayed at the Blue Moon hotel on Collins. Great hotel and friendly staff!! The bartender was AMAZING!!!!!!!

wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:11 am

Straightguync wrote:
Hey guys. I’m heading to Miami in December.... Also, is the weather usually warm enough to wear a speedo that time of year?
You should be ok. Further North, here in Jacksonville, we experience some December days when it would be too cold for speedos, but we are usually in shorts and short-sleaves on Christmas, and the last couple of New Year's I was on the beach looking for shark's teeth in my speedo. In Jax I'm always the only one in a speedo regardless of the time of year, but it sounds like Miami may experience a lack of speedo-wearers in the winter, if that's important to you.

The water is probably too cold without a wet suit though at that time of year.
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

Jrod1001
United States of America

Post by Jrod1001 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:06 am

I just got back from South Beach Miami, a couple days ago. If you’re staying in or can easily get to south beach, there’s plenty to do and see. If shopping is your thing, there’s plenty of shops.
Personally, I go for the beaches, which the sand and water is some of the best you can get in the continental US - IMHO.

I have not been in December. However have heard the temperature is mild, but warm, that time of the year. The water at the beach may be cooler, however I’m sure the beach will be fine to layout.

Straightguync

Post by Straightguync » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:59 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am curious to know if there are any shops for speedos and underwear in particular. Thanks again.

MRspeedoman
United States of America

Post by MRspeedoman » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:05 pm

Straightguync wrote:
Glad to help! Miami / South Beach was the first place I wore (1" Solar) Speedos in public, quite a liberating experience! South Beach has so much to do and see, even during the times I visited there between June and August from 2007 - 2010. Beach goers are usually very comfortable in their own skin on what they wear; I have seen both male and females wear thongs and even Joe Snyder style bikinis, I being one of them. No one will give you strange looks on what you choose to wear.

I heard from many locals at stores and the hotel I stayed at, that December is a very warm time of year to go. Since Dec - March is typically the driest time of the year where it doesn't rain as much as hurricane season. Even wearing any bikini or Speedos is cozy, while the water is a tad cooler than any the summer (90s and high humidity)

I hope this all helps you out, I would imagine there are even more places to shop/dine/sightsee now than 9 years ago. The art deco district is my favorite spot, even at night with all that NEON. Not to mention that I bought a bunch of Speedos at one of the gift shops there. I miss that place so much.
A straight male who believes that real men wear Speedos! :)

swimmerbud
United States of America

Post by swimmerbud » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:14 pm

Hey - I live up the street. Bienvenido a Miami.
December is usually warm enough for the beach - which means it's okay to wear a speedo. You could get unlucky and it be a bit cool but it's usually okay and if you're from up north, Miami "cold" might still be good for you.

There are a few "gay" sections of the beach but that't not the only place you'll see other guys in speedos.

Shops - there's definitely many shops and stores around town that sell swimsuits and underwear.
Life is short, Speedo on
USA | Mostly Straight

devildog
Netherlands

Post by devildog » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:47 am

Welcome buddy
be comfortable

Zwimmer
Great Britain

Post by Zwimmer » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:31 am

Was in South Beach last (end of) November. 28C (80s F). Very nice and comfortable to swim and beautiful beach.