G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Aussiebum black nylon sheer rating; how much sheer?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Harsh1994
Peru

Aussiebum black nylon sheer rating; how much sheer?

Post by Harsh1994 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:32 pm

Hi guys, I want you to solve me a question about the sheer rating of Aussiebum black nylon.

I will be traveling to Pucallpa next month with my best friend. Pucallpa is a city in the Peruvian Amazon rainforest, so it's very hot all year. My best friend has a female BFF -they know each other since university- who works in a well known domestic 4* hotel chain there and she could give us free pass to the hotel's pool and restaurant.

Obviously I will be wearing speedos at the pool, even if my best friend dislikes the idea. I have about 25 pairs of speedos but I tend to use mainly my Clever UK flag ones. I was thinking of using my black nylon Aussiebums with SLAM logo, but as we all know, nylon Aussiebums are pretty sheer, and I'm afraid to show more than expected. Well, the sheer rating depends on the color of the suit. Aussiebum's website says that the level of transparency of its black nylon suits when wet is Low (while white or sky blue are High). But I wanna know if the sheer rating is really low by your own experiences. Maybe I should go with another pair of speedos or decide to wear my black nylon Aussiebums. I need your help 🙏

I have decided to bring six pair of speedos in order to have different options to choose. I also could lend my best friend a pair of speedos if he wanted because I know he would look very well and sexy with them on.
Last edited by Harsh1994 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speedos are the best swimwear around. Period.

Mazda3mps
Australia

Re: Aussiebum black nylon sheer rating; how much sheer?

Post by Mazda3mps » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:36 pm

Hey very good question

From my experience. Navy and black are basically not sheer, nothing will be on show.

Lighter blue, reds will be a little sheer but nothing too bad, just some bum crack on show.

Whites and grey you might as well go nude

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:51 pm

In my experience black Aussiebums are never sheer, including the Slam pair, which I also own. You’ll be fine wearing these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedo1986
United States of America

Post by Speedo1986 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:20 pm

Like others have said, black is for the most part not sheer. I have some that have thinned out on the backside and have become slightly sheer.

Harsh1994
Peru

Post by Harsh1994 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:24 pm

Thanks for the advice. Sadly, finally I didn't wear any speedo during my trip :( My best friend and I thought of going to that hotel pool but his friend -our host- didn't tell us about that possibility, maybe because she don't get along with her boss. Yesterday, we thought of going to another pool with waterslides in Pucallpa but it was really late to go with her friend -who left work at 5-. So I went to the jungle with seven speedos for nothing more than occuping space in my bag...
Speedos are the best swimwear around. Period.