G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Self-consciousness issues?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

blueflinch
Australia

Self-consciousness issues?

Post by blueflinch » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:07 pm

Does anyone feel self-conscious wearing their speedos in public? Like, OMG, everyone can see my legs or butt or whatever? Does anyone feel their bulge is too exposed? Does anyone feel naked? I can't be the only one ... :oops:

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Re: Self-consciousness issues?

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:20 pm

You’re not the only one!

I still feel a touch self conscious about wearing speedos in public. That being said I’ve developed much more body confidence since I began wearing them and it doesn’t bother me so much now like it used to, where I’d have bad anxiety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:06 pm

I don’t feel the least bit self conscious wearing them except at water parks. I haven’t worn one at a water park yet but some day I’ll get the nerve. The problem with water parks is that you spend much more time walking around crowds of people and standing in lines rather than being in the water or laying on a chair.

As far as my bulge is concerned I don’t feel self conscious unless it’s a suit that really puts it out there.

I don’t feel naked or exposed. I don’t mind showing my thighs and the shape of my butt.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:16 pm

BJE wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:06 pm
The problem with water parks is that you spend much more time walking around crowds of people and standing in lines rather than being in the water or laying on a chair.
Yeah, I think walking around in speedos is the thing that makes me most self-conscious. Being in the water is fine, but before and after feels weird.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:41 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:16 pm
BJE wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:06 pm
The problem with water parks is that you spend much more time walking around crowds of people and standing in lines rather than being in the water or laying on a chair.
Yeah, I think walking around in speedos is the thing that makes me most self-conscious. Being in the water is fine, but before and after feels weird.
I don’t mind laying poolside either even if there are crowds of people. In that case they are walking past me and it’s not me parading in front of them.

This sounds conceited but I rather enjoy being seen almost naked since in my mind at least those seeing me are admiring me. I also think I get a bit of a sexual type rush from being exposed. I’m kind of addicted to it. If I can’t get to the pool for a couple of days I get withdrawals and can’t wait until I can get almost naked again. I like going to hot tubs at hotels not because I enjoy the water that much but because I want to be nearly naked around a bunch of strangers. I’m disappointed if the hot tub is out of order.

I guess now I’ve told my darkest secrets.

PS. I also like walking around the locker room naked with my hairless pubes totally exposed. Then again I’m pretty happy with my size.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:22 pm

No problem at all at a beach or any kind of pool. Never had the opportunity to visit a waterpark so have not had to make the decision but I think it would be short shorts, largely for the reasons given by BJE.
I think with age comes confidence. Also teens may make fun of another teen or someone a few years older than they are but less likely to slag off a guy 30 or 40 years older than them who has a bit of confidence or 'presence' about himself. Or it may just be my 'resting bitch face' is severe enough to scare them off :lol: :lol:
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:49 pm

No! I love that feeling! That's why I wear them!!!

LimeSpeedos
Canada

Post by LimeSpeedos » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:40 pm

Not alone at all. Im very self-conscious. So far my speedos have always been under my small swim shorts.

Speedo Gamer

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:58 pm

LimeSpeedos wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:40 pm
Not alone at all. Im very self-conscious. So far my speedos have always been under my small swim shorts.

Sounds like it’s time to take off your swim shorts and be free. You’ll love the feeling.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:10 pm

It doesn't worry me, I wouldn't say totally, but 99%. Because I've worn speedo's for as long as I can remember, spent so long living in a boarding house, spent so much time in performance based sports lycra, and have done that for so long l just really am not fussed if people see me in lycra, my dick or whatever, it's really not that exciting although curiosity always nails me and I do admittedly check out other people! I think it is more normal for me than most though and I'm not body conscious at all, I've seen lots of bods with nothing or next to nothing on and everybody is different, and we are all what we are. So rarely does anybody ever say anything, and it is almost without exception said from people that I think would never wear what I wear or who are not confident in who they are. I love seeing people doing things they didn't think they could do.

LimeSpeedos
Canada

Post by LimeSpeedos » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:34 pm

BJE wrote:
LimeSpeedos wrote:

Sounds like it’s time to take off your swim shorts and be free. You’ll love the feeling.
Dunno why but that’s easier said then done for me.

Speedo Gamer

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:06 am

I am still shy and self-conscious, despite wearing them when I sue the pool at the gym. But I can't get the courage to wear them if I am with friends. I also feel self-conscious because I have suffered the affects of stress, allergies and food sensitivity, which at times, I'm bloated and I end up looking fat, or at least fat in my eyes. I guess it might help if swim briefs were mandatory in swim classes or when using swimming pools.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:10 am

LimeSpeedos wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:34 pm
BJE wrote:
LimeSpeedos wrote:

Dunno why but that’s easier said then done for me.

I’m sure it is. When I joined my current athletic club I wore jammers at first then the first time I saw another man wearing a speedo I started wearing them there exclusively and haven’t looked back. I haven’t seen the other man since though. At first I felt conspicuous being the only man wearing one, thinking all eyes were on me and that any laughing I heard was about me but now I realize that everyone is doing there own thing and not paying attention to me. Those who do pay attention don’t say anything.

Caged4Good
United States of America

Post by Caged4Good » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:09 am

Thanks for raising this question. I do feel a bit self conscious, but its just me feeling that way. I’ve never had any issue wearing them, though I haven’t in front of friends. Can’t seem to muster up enough guts to do it. I think it’s just fear of the comments. I don’t like being ribbed so I avoid it.

Even in expected places like the gym, pool, and beach I still feel it. I’m not in great shape, but could be better. Always feel there’s comments behind my back. Plus, I’m a Diabetic and wear an insulin pump, which is a pager size device with a tube connected to my abdomen or leg. So, right off the bat I have people staring at me regardless of the swim suit I’m wearing. A speedo only amplifies that. But I still try to do it.

This past summer I got my Scuba certification. With that I refuse to wear anything but a speedo during pool work or under my wetsuit. Seems to be naturally accepted. The thought of bunched up swim shorts in a wetsuit makes me cringe.

Thanks for letting me share.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:38 pm

Wow. Lot of great responses. I think it's the superior popularity of board shorts that sometimes gets to me. :roll:

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:47 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:10 pm
It doesn't worry me, I wouldn't say totally, but 99%. Because I've worn speedo's for as long as I can remember, spent so long living in a boarding house, spent so much time in performance based sports lycra, and have done that for so long l just really am not fussed if people see me in lycra, my dick or whatever.
Yours is the attitude I'm striving for, Sam! :mrgreen:

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:55 pm

You’re not the only one. I feel like I’ve got two halves. One half feels self-conscious. The other half doesn’t care how many see everything, in fact it even likes it.
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:55 pm

I’ve noticed that in the gym most men wear shorts that go below the knee and t shirts with sleeves. I wear tank tops and mid thigh workout shorts. When I was in high school our PE shorts were short shorts. I don’t know what it is about men being afraid to show any amount of skin.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:57 pm

BJE wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:55 pm
I’ve noticed that in the gym most men wear shorts that go below the knee and t shirts with sleeves. I wear tank tops and mid thigh workout shorts. When I was in high school our PE shorts were short shorts. I don’t know what it is about men being afraid to show any amount of skin.
Long shorts are a weird choice in the gym, if only for restriction of movement reasons.

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:48 pm

From some of the responses... It looks like I share the same feelings.... The majority of the time, no problem/don't care... but occasionally depending of the situation, I might be a little self conscious.
As for water parks, I wore my speedo to a small one, but it was back in the mid 80's... haven't been to one since and not really planning on it... I'm getting ready for my winter trip to Maui and will be in my speedo and will surely be in the minority, but that's fine with me... although it would be nice if there were more than a couple of other guys in speedos.