G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Hotels

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Straightguync

Hotels

Post by Straightguync » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:44 am

Just wondering what experiences you guys have had wearing speedos to a hotel hot tub or pool? I am curious to see if other people came up and started conversations or if something positive came about from the experience. I have worn mine a few times to a hotel hot tub and no one has said anything about it. I fantasize that someone will like them and ask me about them/ want to try them on for themselves. Also, anyone have any stories of run ins with housekeeping at hotels?

body2205
United States of America

Re: Hotels

Post by body2205 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:58 am

I wore my 1" Nikes under board shorts to a hotel pool where I knew I wouldn't know anyone. After laying out reading for a bit I stood up, slipped off my shorts and lay back down. I could hear people talking and could almost feel the stares but just ignored them. After an hour or so of tanning both sides I got up, pulled on my shorts and walked away. A few women smiled at me as I left but no one ever said anything.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:39 am

I always wear speedos at hotel pools and tut tubs. I’ve never got any attention that I’ve noticed. These pictures were taken at a hotel resort.
Attachments
CE20E8BC-2CA4-4BEE-8E5D-0AF40449460A.jpeg
CE20E8BC-2CA4-4BEE-8E5D-0AF40449460A.jpeg (138.25 KiB) Viewed 8653 times
A4A8C7EB-07CB-43F3-9DF0-FF3AC1B09AE6.jpeg
A4A8C7EB-07CB-43F3-9DF0-FF3AC1B09AE6.jpeg (129.21 KiB) Viewed 8655 times

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:10 am

Nope, no attention positive or negative, either at UK hotels or abroad. Abroad (in Europe) you are rarely alone in speedos, so does not warrant any comments.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:06 pm

I don't think there should be any problem. Hotel facilities are usually fairly private and quiet. I don't even think families should object - as long as you're not DOING anything inappropriate. Speedos are just swimwear, dude - in Australia, anyway. (Maybe it's different Stateside). :lol:

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:57 am

I wore my speedos much time at the hotel pool or hot tub. In the states, it depends on the hotel if I wear them or not. I gotten a few looks but never had an issue with anyone. When I travel internationally I almost always wear them at the hotel pool or beach. It's all about confident if you feel good wearing them then others will just accept it.

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:55 am

I'm always looking for an outside Speedo Opportunity … and these are the best. I always pack at least a couple Speedos when I go away and scout out the pool/hot tub/sauna situation at the hotel. Most of the time, I will do it. No negative reactions, definite looks, and some, well, maybe not so approving, but never got called out on it. Had a some chats, conversations, and yes, a couple hook-ups.
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

fourof14
United States of America

Post by fourof14 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:48 am

I’ve given some thought to wearing a Speedo to a hotel pool, but also find myself wondering about cleanliness and chlorination. Hotel put you up for a few nights and feed you if you need food, but I’m never sure that their pool is high on their list. I don’t need to over chlorinate my suit.

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:34 am

Wear my Aussiebums, N2N's & Arena's at hotel pools all the time for the past 30 years all over the US, including VA, AL, LA, FL, TX & OK. A very rare look from a guest, but staff has never paid any attention. AB's have been 1.5 WJ's loose & otherwise.

I routinely "crash" a local hotel pool and deck for tanning - no problem whatsoever.

Speedo on freely!

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:49 pm

I should add that although I only wear speedos at hotels and resorts, I haven’t seen another man wearing one in decades. I’m always the only one wearing one.

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:37 pm

Wore my swim brief in a hotel pool in Salt Lake City last summer, as a friend (a bit older than my 65 years) wore his square cut. We both swam a few lengths of the pool, soaked in the hot tub, and spent time chatting with female friends attending the same conference. Neither my friend nor I thought anything about it and there were no comments from anyone. I don't own any swimwear other than briefs so what else would I wear in a pool?

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:54 pm

PNWGuy wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:37 pm
Wore my swim brief in a hotel pool in Salt Lake City last summer, as a friend (a bit older than my 65 years) wore his square cut. We both swam a few lengths of the pool, soaked in the hot tub, and spent time chatting with female friends attending the same conference. Neither my friend nor I thought anything about it and there were no comments from anyone. I don't own any swimwear other than briefs so what else would I wear in a pool?
I agree, what else would one wear at a pool. I live fairly close to SLC and stay there a couple times a year. I always wear speedos and nobody seems to notice. What hotel did you stay in? I’ve probably stayed there. The pictures I posted above were taken at Park City, Utah. 30 minutes from SLC.

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:58 pm

A few years back on a work trip I stayed at a hotel that had many different buildings and hence 5 or 6 different pool/spa areas.

I had packed my speedos to do laps as they had a great lap pool, and didn't bother packing any other swimwear as I knew I would be working all day with no daytime downtime.

I ended up one night drinking at a nearby bar where I met a group of guys/girls who worked at the hotel. They were all in their early 20s, attractive, and typical hospitality party people.

About 2am in the morning one of them said we should all go for a swim in one of the pools back at the hotel that was locked and therefore hidden from guests after hours. I was drunk, enjoying myself, and keen on a tall blonde girl in the group so I said I'd meet them at the pool after I swung past my room and grabbed the only swimwear I had.

The pool was nice without the daytime crowd, and around 4am only two of us were left in the spa. I was sitting down when my companion climbed on top of me, pulled my speedo to the side and....

I had the worst hangover the next day, and avoided the hotel lobbys till two days later when I bumped into said hotel worker and had a bit of a laugh about the night.

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:50 am

I normally wear my speedos at the pool with no consequences...
However, a couple months ago, I was at a resort and overheard someone in a group say "speedo" and new they were referring to me, as I was the only one there in a speedo. A day or two after, the group had disbanded and only left one couple still there. I actually spent a bit of time around and in the pool with them chatting.... no mention or indication that they had any negative thoughts regarding my choice of swimwear.

Straightguync

Post by Straightguync » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Has anyone had any “fun” experiences at a hotel hot tub? I would love to hear about some of those.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Not the fun you're thinking about, but I was training in the Bejing Hiltons indoor 25m and some extremely well dressed lady with a massive light long flowing dress came onto the pool deck with friends, and that's what she ended up wearing in the pool! It was almost as bizarre as people wearing boardshorts.

Picture this in the pool!

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:19 am

I've had only positive experiences, that I recall. I remember staying at an adults-only resort where my wife had gone ahead to the pool without me. Not one to be shy, it was no surprise I found her chatting with another couple when I joined her by the pool. They stared at me from a distance as I approached the group in my speedo, the only one I saw during our stay. The look of surprise on the other couples faces when I stopped in front of them and kissed my wife hello was priceless. I think they assumed I was gay (only because I have heard that before), and would just walk past them, instead of being the husband of the woman they had just met and we're talking to. I could tell they were curious about us, but were being polite, until the guy asked how old I was. After I told him, he said "Damn, approaching 40 and still totally rocking a speedo!".

The closest we got to any "fun" was them telling us that when the lights go out at night throughout the resort along the beach, you might hear or see some "things" going on on the patio outside other couples rooms, and definitely if you go past the multitude of covered beds out on the beach. Sure enough, I scratched a couple of activities off the "to-do" list with just my wife during that stay.
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:57 am

One of my fav things to do is wear a speedo at a hotel... no one knows you, you will never see them again, and you can be sure it will make the other guests either a) uncomfortable or b) horny AF. I've picked up so many married guys that way, they are all over you, I'm sure they all assume (in America) that you are gay right away. The rest of the world, you're just another guy at the pool.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:40 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:28 pm
Not the fun you're thinking about, but I was training in the Bejing Hiltons indoor 25m and some extremely well dressed lady with a massive light long flowing dress came onto the pool deck with friends, and that's what she ended up wearing in the pool! It was almost as bizarre as people wearing boardshorts.

Picture this in the pool!
:shock: Wow.... Sounds like something out of a movie.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:55 pm

Straightguync wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:44 am
Just wondering what experiences you guys have had wearing speedos to a hotel hot tub or pool? I am curious to see if other people came up and started conversations or if something positive came about from the experience. I have worn mine a few times to a hotel hot tub and no one has said anything about it. I fantasize that someone will like them and ask me about them/ want to try them on for themselves. Also, anyone have any stories of run ins with housekeeping at hotels?
Over the years, I've worn them in a lot of hotels in a lot of places starting when I was in my early twenties, mainly in the U.S. and also overseas No one has ever batted an eye. The most daring had nothing to do with speedos. A lady friend and I crashed a resort hotel pool on the beach in Palm Beach. We just walked up the sand from the surf, sat for a few minutes at the outdoor bar, glanced at each other, and jumped in the nearby pool, ignoring the 'guests only' signs. Her idea. My speedo was the least of my worries.
Long time Speedo® lover