G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Silly torso question

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

blueflinch
Australia

Re: Silly torso question

Post by blueflinch » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:49 pm

Not a silly question. I imagine there's natural variation is the distance between navel and penis base in men. Probably not a huge difference, though. And, yes, body fat would probably have a bigger influence on where speedos sit than navel-penis distance. I think lean guys can get away with wearing their suits lower. :P

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:15 pm

Here’s an interesting make proportion chart. I measured myself against it once and I was pretty close in most measurements. I think these proportions are probably quite common and give a pleasing visual effect. I think if something falls a distance out of these ideals then things look a little off. For example a person who’s eyes are a little too close together or too far apart. Another thing I notice occasionally are men’s nipples that are locate toward the center of the pec muscle rather than the typical lower outer edge of the pec.
Attachments
32319B6F-D4DD-4E67-835E-C2EE55ED0EC4.jpeg
32319B6F-D4DD-4E67-835E-C2EE55ED0EC4.jpeg (192.63 KiB) Viewed 6023 times

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:52 pm

BJE wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:15 pm
Here’s an interesting make proportion chart. I measured myself against it once and I was pretty close in most measurements. I think these proportions are probably quite common and give a pleasing visual effect.
From a different perspective, a number of years ago, someone wrote a book about body proportions and sports. Some proportions are better for some sports than others. I have long legs and a short torso (not the ideal in your illustration), with a high center of gravity, so it's more difficult for me to surf than someone with shorter legs and a longer torso, and a lower center of gravity.

I could never have been a world class rower because I'm under six feet. But with long legs and long arms and a short torso, I have a lower center of gravity in the boat, and my long arms and legs mean it's easier for me to have a somewhat longer stroke for my height. I learned to row recreationally in college. I hopped in the boat and very quickly developed a smooth stroke. It was easy to keep my balance. Rowing is the sport that comes most naturally to me, because of my proportions.
Long time Speedo® lover

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:03 pm

I have short legs and a long torso.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:08 pm

"Ideal Proportions" is merely somebodies ideal, and everybody has a different ideal. Seriously, this is a massive trap that will always mess with your mind. This only serves to give unwarranted body confidence issues and ego issues.

Everybody is different.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:00 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:08 pm
"Ideal Proportions" is merely somebodies ideal, and everybody has a different ideal. Seriously, this is a massive trap that will always mess with your mind. This only serves to give unwarranted body confidence issues and ego issues.

Everybody is different.
I think if you were to measure a segment of the population you would find that most people fit closely into these parameters. We like to say that we are all different but in reality I believe we are really close to the same proportions.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:02 pm

So what, I have a dig bick.
I bet you read that wrong.
In all seriousness, I discovered a thing called "somatotype" years ago and am intrigued by the concept.
I guess I like to compare myself to others too. I like the chart you shared, BJE.

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:58 pm

BJE wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:00 pm

Everybody is different.
I think if you were to measure a segment of the population you would find that most people fit closely into these parameters. We like to say that we are all different but in reality I believe we are really close to the same proportions.
The ideal penis length in one study for example is 16.3cm

But the average is 13.1cm with an 80% of population range from 11cm to 15cm

An important difference between ideals and the reality of the population because only 5% of men are 16cm+.
Last edited by ...:::sam:::... on Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:01 pm

swimmy wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:02 pm
So what, I have a dig bick.
I bet you read that wrong.
In all seriousness, I discovered a thing called "somatotype" years ago and am intrigued by the concept.
I guess I like to compare myself to others too. I like the chart you shared, BJE.
To understand the chart you have to measure your head from top to chin. That is one head. I’m 75” tall and my head is 9.375” so as in the chart I am exactly 8 heads tall. I’m going to check other measurements too.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:05 pm

Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:58 pm
BJE wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:00 pm

Everybody is different.

The chart doesn’t show penis proportion but mine is 18.4cm erect or about 100th percentile according to this chart. Mine is 14cm flaccid. Or about 100th percentile.
Attachments
2CD28A9E-26C4-4CDD-8196-05B7511FA94E.jpeg
2CD28A9E-26C4-4CDD-8196-05B7511FA94E.jpeg (153.63 KiB) Viewed 5993 times

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:24 pm

BJE wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:05 pm
The chart doesn’t show penis proportion but mine is 18.4cm erect or about 100th percentile according to this chart. Mine is 14cm flaccid. Or about 100th percentile.
Rasputin! :lol:

speedopdx
United States of America

Post by speedopdx » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:08 pm

I’m 5’11” (180cm) and my navel to base measurement is 8.5” (21.5 cm). For whatever that’s worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:53 pm

An important difference between ideals and the reality of the population because only 5% of men are 16cm+.
Your knowledge floors me, Sam! How you do walk around with so much data in your head? :shock: :lol:

I should add that virtually every male lies (to himself or to potential partners) about the size of his member. That should skewer statistics of the informal variety. Some men believe (incorrectly) that everyone is at least six inches! :lol:

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:42 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:53 pm

Your knowledge floors me, Sam! How you do walk around with so much data in your head? :shock: :lol:

I should add that virtually every male lies (to himself or to potential partners) about the size of his member. That should skewer statistics of the informal variety. Some men believe (incorrectly) that everyone is at least six inches! :lol:
Dr Google research project! :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=139222

But you're right, there was a difference between medically measured lengths and self reported lengths and self reporters seem to "stretch" the truth a bit. :lol:

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:03 pm

Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:42 pm
blueflinch wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:53 pm

But you're right, there was a difference between medically measured lengths and self reported lengths and self reporters seem to "stretch" the truth a bit. :lol:
Your link shows the measuring method I use which I believe is the medical standard. That being the bone pressed method or in other words you press the ruler to the public bone.

They claim that average erect is around 5-5.5 inches yet it seems every penis I happen to see online is longer than that. I guess guys with smaller than average penises don’t post pictures. Also the average flaccid length of something like three inches seems rather short. Most guys I happen to see in the locker room look longer than that with the exception of a few who’s penis is hardly visible. Just sort of a button of a thing attached to their groin.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:08 pm

I’ll note that in the proportion chart I posted the ideal distance between the crotch and navel is one head height. My head height is 9.375” and my crotch to navel measurement is about 9.5”. Of course that measurement doesn’t account for the penis attachment point which I suppose could vary.

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:28 am

BJE that's a really disrespectful thing to say about people.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:40 am

Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:28 am
BJE that's a really disrespectful thing to say about people.
What I was saying is that with few exceptions everyone I see is above average. That doesn’t seem disrespectful.

As far as the short penises I’ve seen in the locker room, that’s merely a description of my observation, not to make fun of anyone.

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:57 pm

I am 6'4 and my distance is 9 inches (22cm)

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:14 pm

Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:42 pm

Thanks for the link, Sam! :P

Self-reporting dick size is like writing resumes for some people - if in doubt, add two inches, and hope no one realises until it's too late and you've got the job. :lol: