G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Your Speedo Circle

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

shadowmn
United States of America

Your Speedo Circle

Post by shadowmn » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:21 am

How many people close to you like friends or family know that you wear a speedo? A few of my friends and former coworkers know that I wear speedos, as well as a few of my wife's friends. Nobody really cares because I think that's what they kind of expect from me given my personality. Nobody in my family knows however and I'd like to keep it that way. Something about family I just can't get past.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Re: Your Speedo Circle

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:38 am

👋🏻
Last edited by Speedoaddict on Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:34 pm

Don't go out of my way to advertise the fact but holiday pics show me in a speedo and I will be in a speedo if I meet friends or work colleagues at the pool or beach.
As I have said before a bit of age and confidence go a long way in preventing comments. If you seem awkward or self conscious others will pick up on it.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:56 pm

I s'pose the seconds you wear speedos in front of loved ones, such as at the pool or beach, they know. My family (sister, brother-in-law) have seen me in speedos and didn't comment on it. That was at the local pool. 8)

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:08 pm

I have worn speedos in front of friends a couple of times, and one of my brothers has seen me in them at the beach, he immediately announced it to my family. Not sure if they know i still do. I have one friend who I 2ould wear them with all the time, even got him to switch from board shorts to speedos. But that has been a few years now, also. My wife and kids have seen me in the often.

Harsh1994
Peru

Post by Harsh1994 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:51 pm

Almost all of my close friends know I wear speedos. That includes straight and homo friends. But in my family, only my mother and one of my grandmas know about it. My mother even complained me about the large amount of speedos I owned while I was living in her house, she thought I was wasting too much money in "shiny briefs"...
Last edited by Harsh1994 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speedos are the best swimwear around. Period.

SungueroPeru
Peru

Post by SungueroPeru » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:53 am

One two friends of mine. My mother saw my adidas brief and also the adidas boxer, and didn't say anything because she knows I regularly swam some time ago.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:44 am

All of my friends and family. Quite a few friends and family (well, my uncle and cousins) wear them also.

MexGCM
Mexico

Post by MexGCM » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:17 am

My wife, my two sons, my in laws (mother, father, sister & her boyfriend) & a friend, that's it.

rmf

Post by rmf » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:20 am

So, I think it might be safe to say we all have different "friends" in categories . For me, I have a group of good friends who we hang out with a lot (relatively new friends since I am relatively new to this region of the country) and they all know and have seen me in swim briefs, mainly because we all belong to the same private swim club and that is where I swim & do my masters in the summer. We also have gone away on vacations together where I have worn them. Then, I have "old friends" who I see occasionally. I wouldn't volunteer the information to them but if swimming comes up and if I would be asked, I would absolutely tell them the truth that I wear them and I am too old to give a rats ass what anyone thinks about it. I tend to embrace it forcefully if anyone tries to make fun of me which does happen occasionally, even in my close circles.

My immediate family - wife, kids - they don't care as we are a family of swimmers. Siblings, I probably wouldn't hide it but I also don't know if it would come up quite honestly. I do have family pics of when I was a young teen wearing them in the 80's. It probably wouldn't be out of the norm for me to wear them in their opinion. My extended family, not sure. I don't really see them all that much anymore but I wouldn't verbally hide it either if asked. My wife's side of the family would, well they would definitely not get it. She is the complete opposite of them and so many levels.

Work - I try to keep it separate as much as possible. I saw early in my career that it is best not to mix the two because it always turns into a shit show no matter how well things look great at first. It never ends well....

In general, I don't post selfies. I am not one to put myself out there for commenting I guess. If I had to, it would have to be around something that I am doing like a race or event which would call for wearing them. Selfie lounging or a beach or at a pool resort like I see plastered all over Instagram - definitely not my personality - I don't need that attention or affirmation.
straight, married w/ kids.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:43 am

My wife knows, and my mother in law knows, because my wife makes fun of me for wearing speedos in front of her, but no one else, really. My family and friends know that I'm big into exercise (mainly road cycling) but I have to assume they all think I swim in dork shorts when I swim laps.

I've tried to wear them at the beach (which I've chronicled here in other posts), and we usually go with my in-laws, but I would never wear them in front of my MIL, who thinks of me wearing them for lap swimming purposes. So I've worn with my wife at the beach, but she is NOT a fan.

I'm curious if/when my 4-year-old son will see me in them, and how he'll react... the last thing I want to do is embarrass him. RMF how'd you break your kids in, as it were? Presumably your kids wear jammers on swim team? (Or at least they did when they were younger?)

rmf

Post by rmf » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:44 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:43 am
I'm curious if/when my 4-year-old son will see me in them, and how he'll react... the last thing I want to do is embarrass him. RMF how'd you break your kids in, as it were? Presumably your kids wear jammers on swim team? (Or at least they did when they were younger?)
Roundabout story but - I think I chronicled how I got back into wearing briefs again but the short of that story is that my wife was 'in' on me buying briefs after a long break of me not even owning a pair in years. So, she has never been against me wearing them in the first place. Fast forward several years and now we have kids - which leads me to answering your question. When my son was 3ish, my wife bought him a of french brand square cut swimsuit. He had a few pairs of swimsuits but he seemed to gravitate to those a lot when we would tell him to go put on a swimsuit to wear. When those started to break down, he mentioned that he liked the fabric because they dried quickly. We looked around for a replacement and found H&M was the only place that had them for kids. I think what really solidified it was that we let him pick out a pair on a trip we took to France. Because he picked them out, he wore them all the time. Briefs is something I introduced. I was on a trip in Italy with my wife and I specifically bought him a pair when we were there. We just mixed it into his rotation and because they were lycra, he didn't think anything of it. Jammers came into the mix early too because he didn't want to wear sunblock on his legs like he would have to with the shorter suits.

So my son is a few years older now and he does opt for jammers at the pool because that is what most of the swimmers are wearing his age. The older boys in the upper age brackets are in briefs since tech suits are being banned from our club meets. He will occasionally break out the briefs at the pool but not as often. However, when we are on vacation, it mostly briefs - especially if I am wearing them too.

So that's how we did it. We exposed him to them at an early age. Family wise, we don't look at them as a big deal - we both think there is a right place and a right time for them. IE: I won't be wearing them to her family reunion which is normally held at a relative's house with a big in-ground pool. My daughter is becoming a teen soon so we will see if she changes her feelings about me wearing briefs more than at local pool while swimming laps. She knows for our Florida vacations, briefs are much the only suits I pack. Plus, my son is still into us wearing matching suits so I will take that as long as he want me.
straight, married w/ kids.

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:54 am

Included in my circle are my wife, and a few close friends.... My kids saw me wearing them when they were smaller, but not since then...

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:36 am

The circle: my wife, teenage son & daughter, and a couple of their friends, everyone at our neighborhood pool (for laps); other people at the yacht club that we belong to, that has a pool, and some family friends when we've been at the beach. My wife's siblings do too, through a few beach photos she's shared, but not in person. But, all good -

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:55 am

👋🏻
Last edited by Speedoaddict on Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:28 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:43 am
I don't think kids that young really notice or care about such things. A teenage son might think you're his embarrassing father, wearing those daggy swimmers again. It's grown-ups who are probably most judgemental, and female grown-ups at that. Ironic, really. You'll think the ladies would be so busy admiring they wouldn't have time to criticise! :lol:

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:48 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:44 am
All of my friends and family. Quite a few friends and family (well, my uncle and cousins) wear them also.
Gee, I'd love to be in your speedo circle, Sam. And your underwear circle. And your oh-shit-I'm-behind-in-the-laundry-and-run-out-of-kit-today circle. :lol:

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:28 am

blueflinch wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:48 pm
Gee, I'd love to be in your speedo circle, Sam. And your underwear circle. And your oh-shit-I'm-behind-in-the-laundry-and-run-out-of-kit-today circle. :lol:
I wish they were as good as they sound! :lol:

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:53 pm

I'm glad so many wives are on board. I couldn't wear 'em in front of my mum, though! :lol:
Last edited by blueflinch on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:58 pm

Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:28 am
blueflinch wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:48 pm
I wish they were as good as they sound! :lol:
Yeah, I'm very proud of that third one! :mrgreen: