G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Your Speedo Circle

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

rmf

Re: Your Speedo Circle

Post by rmf » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:17 am

52dno98 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:52 pm
rmf wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:18 am
Update from the last time I posted on this string.... Since my last post, my wife posted photos of the family when we were at the beach. There was one photo of me clearly in briefs. She has about 200+ FB friends (including family) & tagged me in the photo. Most either ignored or just 'liked' the photo. Only one friend said something negative in the comments and my wife defended me quickly... and in a 'Midwest nice' way, she shamed him. I wasn't surprised he was the one person to say something negative. One buddy joked but he already knew I wore them and has seem me in them. So the jist of it now is that anyone knows me from past to present can figure it out if they saw the photo....
My recollection is that you and your kids are all swimmers, right? So it's not that much out of character... lucky you. My wife would be so mortified for me to be in a public place in speedos that she would never post a photo of me in them.
We are a family of swimmers but both my wife and I never did swim team growing up. I lifeguarded and have been a strong swimmer but I didn't really get into swimming for fitness until an old injury caught up to me and forced me to go with non-impact sports to for working out. I live far from where I grew up and folks back there don't really see me enough to know (but do now because my wife is FB friends with a lot of them). I have a second group of friends in another city where we use to live who probably forgot that I did occasionally (one of my first post on this board talks about it). Only my close friends now (where I live) who go to the same swim club as our family know that I swim laps & do Masters / know or have seen me there. My wife's family is a whole different story. While I know the immediate family, her extended family - we don't see very often but she is FB friends with them all. I just don't think at any point I would break them out for an in-law family event.

Going back to the one person who said something because if there would be anyone, I would have bet it would be him. I have known him for 30+ yrs and we go way back as young adults. He's that one guy friend that you think over the years, 'he is such a dick, why am I still friends with him?'..... Then you realize you don't have to be and that's where I am at now. I rarely talk to him except when a big group of guys get together for a wedding or reunion. As I mentioned, my wife made a comment which made him backpaddle a bit on his original comment and her and I just laughed about it afterwards.
straight, married w/ kids.

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:58 am

rmf wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:18 am
Update from the last time I posted on this string.... Since my last post, my wife posted photos of the family when we were at the beach. There was one photo of me clearly in briefs. She has about 200+ FB friends (including family) & tagged me in the photo. Most either ignored or just 'liked' the photo. Only one friend said something negative in the comments and my wife defended me quickly... and in a 'Midwest nice' way, she shamed him. I wasn't surprised he was the one person to say something negative. One buddy joked but he already knew I wore them and has seem me in them. So the jist of it now is that anyone knows me from past to present can figure it out if they saw the photo....
What were negative comments that were made? I'd also like to know how your wife responded.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

rmf

Post by rmf » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:02 am

shadowmn wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:58 am

What were negative comments that were made? I'd also like to know how your wife responded.
So this is in context and I might not be able to communicate this well because you have to know everyone and our histories of all being friends together... but here it goes...

The comment in FB was something like "Speedo? " - and if you knew him it was more of a "WTF"?

My wife's comment was that I don't wear Speedo but instead, a different brand. lol . She then commented that at my age that I am very fit, I can and she only wishes she could be so lucky to look as good as I do at my age (fit wise)....

Again, her comment was a 'Midwest Nice" comment. If you are not familiar with the term "Midwest Nice" it has to do with how people in the Midwest will say something nice to you but actually, it's an insult or putdown. People in the Midwest are known to be really friendly - so the term 'Midwest Nice' is a way to describe a Midwest slap down...

In the end, I think he go what she was implying... and backed off a bit with a comment like... "makes sense". Again, if you knew him, it would make sense that he would be he first to say something.... basically he that guy who lives in a glass house but still throws stones...
straight, married w/ kids.

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:35 pm

Well that's pretty awesome that your wife defended you like that. People who have nothing better to do but put others down usually don't live a very satisfying life. If there's one thing that wearing a speedo has taught me is to be less judgmental of others. Speedo on my friend.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.