G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Posting self pics on other sites - Do you?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

rmf

Posting self pics on other sites - Do you?

Post by rmf » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:49 am

So I have been working things on several social media platforms for work and leveraging hashtags. Out of curiosity, I checked some of the common tags (speedos, speedo...) that would be of interest to this forum and on some of the sites, there are thousands of hits. Skimming through the photos, I thought it was interesting that it's mostly guys hanging out where ever - on the beach or somewhere without hiding who they are.... a lot just using their personal account without being anonymous.

Generally speaking, most of the guys here don't tend to show their face in photos they post of their suits (including me) or post photos period. I was wondering, do any of you feel more comfortable posting photos of yourself w/ a face view on other social media platforms like instagram, Reddit, twitter but not here? If so, why?
straight, married w/ kids.

52dno98
United States of America

Re: Posting self pics on other sites - Do you?

Post by 52dno98 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:24 pm

I'm a heavy Redditor, but I don't ever post photos of myself. And I also tend to read and post to those subs which are my hobbies or areas of interest, such as Tesla cars. So there really wouldn't be a need for me to post a photo of myself anyway. I regularly read the swimming subreddit, and a VERY frequent question is "should I wear a jammer or a brief?" and I'll happily report that probably 9 out of 10 people encourage a speedo over jammers.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:30 pm

No, not really a member of other sites, so it doesn't really happen. Do not even post many pics on fb!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:19 pm

dont use facebook, dont really use instagram (tbh I only use it to DM a friend)
Years ago (circa 2002-2004) I used to use ICQ to talk to and have "fun" via webcam with people (getting nude, self pleasure etc), before it was all over run with bots etc, even then I kept my face off of cam

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:35 pm

I post a lot of speedo pictures on Instagram. Most of them don’t show my face because I can’t reach out far enough to get my whole body in so I cut off my head to get my speedo in. When posting clothed pictures I don’t mind showing my face but when posting skimpy speedo shots I’d rather not be recognizable in case the pictures got out into the public domain. However, when I post speedo photos on Facebook the people following me already know me personally so I don’t need to hide my identity and I want them to know it’s really me.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:59 pm

There's lots of Facebook groups I post photo in.
I never do that here simply because it's such a hassle to do.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:16 am

FB and Insta I do show everything, well not "everything" but it's a different context.

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:47 am

I have two twitter accounts … one normal and one 'naughty'. I keep my face sheltered in the naughty pics … just because.

For some reason, I do that here too. Don't know why. BUT, if you search a little (hint Caribbean in the title wink,wink) there is a full body pic of me here.
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:22 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:16 am
FB and Insta I do show everything, well not "everything" but it's a different context.
Is the face as attractive as the rear? :lol:

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:26 am

I guess if you want to be know for your wonderful appearance and love of speedos, posting all would make sense. You'll have to be pretty confident, though, and think about your purpose. I.e. are you a fitness fanatic or are you looking for sexualised compliments, etc?

I suppose if you don't include the head, you can semi-plausibly deny it's you in the picture to people who don't usually see you shirtless. Also, I'd be worried about someone pinching a nice picture and using it for their own dating profile or something ...

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:39 am

blueflinch wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:26 am
Also, I'd be worried about someone pinching a nice picture and using it for their own dating profile or something ...
^ This.

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:33 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:22 am
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:16 am
Is the face as attractive as the rear? :lol:
I'm not sure, I think my face and head is fine. To me my photos look the same as everybody elses and I don't think Im anything notable for good or bad in any area, I've always been told I'm photogenic but that can be a backhanded compliment. Because of what I do, I mix with some really good looking people, they're the hotties... so, I'm sitting on the fence. :lol:

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:13 pm

Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:33 pm
[I'm not sure, I think my face and head is fine. To me my photos look the same as everybody elses and I don't think Im anything notable for good or bad in any area, I've always been told I'm photogenic but that can be a backhanded compliment. Because of what I do, I mix with some really good looking people, they're the hotties... so, I'm sitting on the fence. :lol:
From what I've seen of you (only body shots on here), you're photogenic! :mrgreen:

Yes, an interesting theory you raise - is physical attractiveness relative? Should I start sitting with very unfortunate-looking people, so I can be the hottie in the group? :lol:

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:32 pm

I’ve encountered a picture of me that I posted on bodybuilding.com on someone else’s profile.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:25 pm

BJE wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:32 pm
I’ve encountered a picture of me that I posted on bodybuilding.com on someone else’s profile.
Wow. That's really disappointing. Or really flattering. Disappointing that some humans are such ratbags, flattering they thought your pic was worth ripping off.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:33 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:25 pm
BJE wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:32 pm
Wow. That's really disappointing. Or really flattering. Disappointing that some humans are such ratbags, flattering they thought your pic was worth ripping off.
I told him to remove it and he did. Yes it’s flattering but annoying all the same. Now if a speedo picture of mine turned up on some hot Russian men website or something I guess I’d be flattered.

I’ll not though that there have been men on this forum using stock photos of swimmers as their profile pictures. You can’t really trust what anyone says about themselves until they post pictures.

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:47 pm

BJE wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:33 pm
Now if a speedo picture of mine turned up on some hot Russian men website or something I guess I’d be flattered.

I’ll not though that there have been men on this forum using stock photos of swimmers as their profile pictures. You can’t really trust what anyone says about themselves until they post pictures.
I've had them turn up on Tumblr and it was very WTF, how did they get there..... it didn't worry me though because I've put them out there into public land. I've also had one from magazine article shoot turn up in some companies marketing, that really spun me out when I heard about it, especially considering that I'd never used the product they were advertising.

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:54 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:13 pm
From what I've seen of you (only body shots on here), you're photogenic! :mrgreen:

Yes, an interesting theory you raise - is physical attractiveness relative? Should I start sitting with very unfortunate-looking people, so I can be the hottie in the group? :lol:
Thanks! :lol:

I dont know, for both questions. Or do you become attracted to what you're used to or even attracted to whatever just generally you have really good experiences associated with, maybe that what forms tastes?

rmf

Post by rmf » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:04 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:39 am
blueflinch wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:26 am
Also, I'd be worried about someone pinching a nice picture and using it for their own dating profile or something ...
^ This.
I can safely say that I would not be a contender there... :shock: But, I would be a little taken back if I did see someone using my pic as theirs because I would think there are ton of better options than me.

I have come to the conclusion that it's probably a generational thing - where there guys/girls younger now who grew up in the social media age have a need to post images of themselves and then look for those compliments as a way to reinforce their lack of confidence. I think back in the day, we just dealt with it in other ways... like maybe just growing out of it or looked at it as - maturing as an adult? maybe not?

I have seen people do the Instagram pics where they do a *before* and then this is what it *really* looks like picture side by side and it's pretty funny and amazing quite honestly. I can see how some of them can really mess with someone's mind. I will say - when I do take a photo of myself, I don't deliberately suck in my stomach or use filters to try make me look skinny or my skin different. At most, I will try to stand up straight and maybe get a good angle where the image doesn't look distorted. I would use a filter to brighten up the image or sharpen the image so it is a bit more clear.
straight, married w/ kids.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:45 pm

I'm glad you don't "cheat" in your pictures, rmf. Honestly, what is the point of people pics at all if the images don't represent a real body? If people fudge their photos online, I reckon it leads to disappointment when their fans/dates meet them in person. Best to be honest from the get-go! Who wants to be admired for beauty that's only imaginary? :P