G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Downsizing

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Sam
United States of America

Downsizing

Post by Sam » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:56 pm

Anyone out there like to downsize? Recently I discovered I like to wear my swim briefs one size smaller. I find they fit more snug, and I can swim and participate in Aqua Aerobics more comfortably. At first, I was concerned I might expose more than I should, but that was because the suit is new and smaller than I am used to. I recommend this to everyone!

blueflinch
Australia

Re: Downsizing

Post by blueflinch » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:59 pm

Swimmers typically downsize I hear. But, of course, only do it if modesty permits! You don't want half a testicle hanging out of your suit during a race! :lol:

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:08 am

blueflinch wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:59 pm
Swimmers typically downsize I hear. But, of course, only do it if modesty permits! You don't want half a testicle hanging out of your suit during a race! :lol:
This is very true!

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:07 am

blueflinch wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:59 pm
Yes! A bit of side ball! :lol:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... m=sideball

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:53 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:07 am
Yes! A bit of side ball! :lol:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... m=sideball
Ha ha. Another fantastic word, Sam! :mrgreen:

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:09 pm

thanks, bluefinch! I never heard of that word! ;-)

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:24 pm

I prefer mine tighter, according to my wife I have no ass (its flatter than an ironing board) so tighter avoids the backside being baggy and loose
I wear 32" jeans, but wear a 28 or 30" swimbrief , adidas I find run large compared to speedo, I sold my 30" and 32" adidas and went down to a 28" which is still baggier than my 30" speedos, I could probably drop to a 26" in adidas
Nike I find runs tight even vs speedo

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:54 pm

landoffrozensheep wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:24 pm
I prefer mine tighter, according to my wife I have no ass (its flatter than an ironing board) so tighter avoids the backside being baggy and loose
I wear 32" jeans, but wear a 28 or 30" swimbrief , adidas I find run large compared to speedo, I sold my 30" and 32" adidas and went down to a 28" which is still baggier than my 30" speedos, I could probably drop to a 26" in adidas
Thank you, landoffrozensheep, for your input! I am glad that adidas makes swim briefs to complement your body, and it sounds like your wife likes to see you wear them! :-)

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:56 pm

Sam wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:54 pm
landoffrozensheep wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:24 pm
Thank you, landoffrozensheep, for your input! I am glad that adidas makes swim briefs to complement your body, and it sounds like your wife likes to see you wear them! :-)
They've grown on her, wasn;t keen at first (she's a canuck) but she's gotten used to them on me and I think she'd find it odd if I wore anything else now...

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:49 am

So happy to read! I hope it's okay if I ask -- do you wear your swim briefs at the beach, at the pool, or both?

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:37 am

All the time! I came across this technique years back when swimming a mile daily and purposely started to drop one or two sizes to get a tighter, smoother fit on my Speedos. I could feel the difference when swimming with suits that were literally glued to my body when wet and didn't have a wrinkle or ripple in the fabric.

That was also about the time I discovered Asian-cut Japanese Style Speedos that had narrower sides, rode lower on the hips, and had a rear seam that literally cupped the fabric to my ass. These run small to begin with, and the stretch in the fabric is so amazing! I can comfortably wedge myself into one of these suits and yes, it may push some limits of coverage, but not be obscene or obnoxious. They would show my pubes (if I wasn't so trimmed) and displays a modest amount of butt-crack, along with the bottoms of my cheeks. Most of my suits are Asics, Arena and Aqux from overseas as I now find American Speedos to be too big for my taste.

I have carried this to the beach, hot tub, pool, where I tend to always wear as small of a suit as possible where I don't mind exposing a lot of flesh and love to have minimal tan-lines. Most of my pictures here are me in a small suit.
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:32 am

Sam wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:49 am
So happy to read! I hope it's okay if I ask -- do you wear your swim briefs at the beach, at the pool, or both?
Both, though haven't been to the pool in years (we moved towns and just never bothered finding it plus too much other stuff going on) Also wear them in the back garden to tan and as underwear (though thats removed the "thrill" of wearing them I used to get, too much of something being a bad thing)

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:49 pm

I’m a 30 to 32” inch waist size now, but a lot of my older swim briefs are 28” inch waist size and mostly all speedo brand. But what I’ve found for all of the 28” swim briefs and sometimes some 30” ones depending upon the material (polyester ones with no stretch) or narrower sides, is I have to remove the liner from them so they fit properly. Otherwise the front is just a stiff brief cut piece of fabric trying to flatten everything and the leg seams sitting off and nowhere near my upper thighs. Witch then does also mean with the liners removed, especially the lycra blends they tend to show a lot more.

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:51 pm

karlos wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:49 pm
I’m a 30 to 32” inch waist size now, but a lot of my older swim briefs are 28” inch waist size and mostly all speedo brand. But what I’ve found for all of the 28” swim briefs and sometimes some 30” ones depending upon the material (polyester ones with no stretch) or narrower sides, is I have to remove the liner from them so they fit properly. Otherwise the front is just a stiff brief cut piece of fabric trying to flatten everything and the leg seams sitting off and nowhere near my upper thighs. Witch then does also mean with the liners removed, especially the lycra blends they tend to show a lot more.
I don't have that issue so much (grower not a shower), which I suppose is a rare positive of it lol

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:42 pm

Sam wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:09 pm
thanks, bluefinch! I never heard of that word! ;-)
You're welcome, mate. I do agree "side ball" is a great term, a logical extension of "side boob" (when some chick's lower cleavage hangs out of her dress/top). But you should thank "Aussie Sam" for enlightening us both! 8)

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:11 pm

landoffrozensheep wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:32 am
Sam wrote:
Both, though haven't been to the pool in years (we moved towns and just never bothered finding it plus too much other stuff going on) Also wear them in the back garden to tan and as underwear (though thats removed the "thrill" of wearing them I used to get, too much of something being a bad thing)
Awesome! Glad that your swim briefs have "grown" on your wife and that you enjoy wearing them in your backyard.

Hope you get back to the pool soon. Hope your wife wears nice one-piece swimsuits to match your awesome briefs! :-)

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:15 pm

fbanks wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:37 am
All the time! I came across this technique years back when swimming a mile daily and purposely started to drop one or two sizes to get a tighter, smoother fit on my Speedos. I could feel the difference when swimming with suits that were literally glued to my body when wet and didn't have a wrinkle or ripple in the fabric.

That was also about the time I discovered Asian-cut Japanese Style Speedos that had narrower sides, rode lower on the hips, and had a rear seam that literally cupped the fabric to my ass. These run small to begin with, and the stretch in the fabric is so amazing! I can comfortably wedge myself into one of these suits and yes, it may push some limits of coverage, but not be obscene or obnoxious. They would show my pubes (if I wasn't so trimmed) and displays a modest amount of butt-crack, along with the bottoms of my cheeks. Most of my suits are Asics, Arena and Aqux from overseas as I now find American Speedos to be too big for my taste.

I have carried this to the beach, hot tub, pool, where I tend to always wear as small of a suit as possible where I don't mind exposing a lot of flesh and love to have minimal tan-lines. Most of my pictures here are me in a small suit.
Thanks for your input, fbanks! This is so awesome! I will definitely look into Asics, Arena, and Aqux because they sound like the types of swim briefs I want to wear. If American swimsuits are too large for you, try the Speedo Solar 1" or the Sport Euro Swim Brief and downsize like I do. They help me to swim more efficiently, and I enjoy Water Aerobics more. Sometimes I'm the only dude in the classes surrounded by great-looking women in their sexy one-piece swimsuits and swim dresses!

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:16 pm

karlos wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:49 pm
That's great! So glad you enjoy downsizing and glad removing the liner helps!

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:16 pm

Thanks, guys, for your messages!

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:19 pm

Sam wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:11 pm
landoffrozensheep wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:32 am
Sam wrote:
Awesome! Glad that your swim briefs have "grown" on your wife and that you enjoy wearing them in your backyard.

Hope you get back to the pool soon. Hope your wife wears nice one-piece swimsuits to match your awesome briefs! :-)
Lol I suggested matching swimwear but she rolled her eyes, seemingly a big thing in Korea though "couples outfits", getting her into swimwear is an odyssey though due to her neurosis about how she looks...