G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Sizing dramas

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

blueflinch
Australia

Sizing dramas

Post by blueflinch » Fri May 29, 2020 7:04 pm

So I ordered some new speedos. The brand is called "Coast". Anyone have experience with these?

I wanted to make sure they fit and I didn't want to be vain, and I know some high-end brands always seem to have smaller-than-normal size. I ordered XL. Unfortunately, they don't fit. The front is sort of okay, but there's all this loose fabric in the back. Obviously, for speedos, they're too big. :oops:

At the same time I also ordered Andrew Christian underwear in XL, and they fit like a charm. (The swimwear wasn't Andrew Christian, but a different brand).

Does anyone else get confused over what size to order? Should I go for large in speedos and XL in designer underwear? Size 18 Australian in speedos seems to fit me, but it all depends on the brand and make. :roll:

There's a real fine line it seems between nice fit and too tight (balls showing) and too saggy (current situation). :shock:

speedoluv
Singapore

Re: Sizing dramas

Post by speedoluv » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:09 pm

Yes, I have a problem with fit too. Sometimes even within the same brand, like Aussiebum, the sizing is a bit inconsistent, which can be a problem when some fabric are not stretchy! The sizing guidelines don't always work because the fit is not just the waist size, but there are also many other factors involved.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:39 pm

speedoluv wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:09 pm
Yes, I have a problem with fit too. Sometimes even within the same brand, like Aussiebum, the sizing is a bit inconsistent, which can be a problem when some fabric are not stretchy! The sizing guidelines don't always work because the fit is not just the waist size, but there are also many other factors involved.
Yeah, I didn't realise sizing in different brands may mean different things e.g. a large in one brand may be a medium in another brand. :oops: Found it helpful to go by cms instead. :roll:

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:17 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:04 pm

Does anyone else get confused over what size to order? Should I go for large in speedos and XL in designer underwear? Size 18 Australian in speedos seems to fit me, but it all depends on the brand and make. :roll:

There's a real fine line it seems between nice fit and too tight (balls showing) and too saggy (current situation). :shock:
Sizing varies all over the place. The speedo shopping section here can be helpful. Turbo and Q water polo suits fit snug, for example, so I upsize from 30 to 32. Q's swim briefs (which have wider sides and are therefore less brief) fit differently. I'm staying with the water polo version. Footnote: these water polo suits are fully lined and made of a very durable fabric. I really like them. I'd rather have a suit fit too snug than too loose because there's always some stretch over time.
Long time Speedo® lover