G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Has your community pool reopened yet?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

packedspeedo
United States of America

Re: Has your community pool reopened yet?

Post by packedspeedo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:46 am

Our city outdoor pools are closed for this summer entirely, and more than likely next year as well. Budget cuts from reduced tax income from loss of revenue from restaurants, hotels, and tourism.

wetman1961
Great Britain

Post by wetman1961 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:49 am

Here in the UK, Swim England has issued its guidance for the safe reopening of swimming pools so that they can prepare for reopening. We are still awaiting a Government announcement with a date from which pools in England can reopen (the Devolved Administrations for Wales, Scotland and N Ireland will have their own guidance and dates for reopening).

The guidance notes are now available on the Swim England website.

https://www.swimming.org/swimengland/re ... published/
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:35 pm

The YMCA pool I go to is open for lap swimming one person per lane. I am lucky I can do my daily swim and keep my speedo tan. My neighborhood pool is not open yet.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:27 pm

The pools at my athletic club opened a couple weeks ago. However the hot tubs remained closed. However I noticed yesterday evening that the hot tubs were open with an occupancy limit.

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:27 pm

BJE wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:27 pm
The pools at my athletic club opened a couple weeks ago. However the hot tubs remained closed. However I noticed yesterday evening that the hot tubs were open with an occupancy limit.
Good to see you're back....

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:24 pm

Things are getting quite confusing here in Greater Vancouver region.

There are over 20 municipalities in the region. Some has announced the outdoor pools will be opening in early July and indoor pools opening in late July. Some has decided not to open the pools this summer because of budget shortfall and not enough time to reissue certification to lifeguards.

City of Vancouver, the biggest municipality of all, is yet to announce their plan.

Of those which announced the reopening plan, some requires swimmers to arrive in suit and leave in suit. Many require swimmers to reserve their time slot to swim. It's gonna take a while until we understand the rules in each municipality.

For now, we are still waiting... Maybe we can stick with the beach which the water is always freezing cold.
Johnny in Vancouver

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:44 pm

Our YMCA has reopened. Swimmers must reserve a lane in advance, 1 swimmer per lane, 45 minutes max. It was GREAT to swim outside today, but man am I out of swimming shape. Felt glorious to be outside in a speedo again. I hope I can get my speedo tan back before too long.

wetman1961
Great Britain

Post by wetman1961 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:39 am

wetman1961 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:49 am
Here in the UK, Swim England has issued its guidance for the safe reopening of swimming pools so that they can prepare for reopening. We are still awaiting a Government announcement with a date from which pools in England can reopen (the Devolved Administrations for Wales, Scotland and N Ireland will have their own guidance and dates for reopening).

The guidance notes are now available on the Swim England website.

https://www.swimming.org/swimengland/re ... published/
Disappointingly, the UK Government did not allow pools (or gyms) to reopen on 4th July as I had been expecting them too. They did allow pubs to reopen - so you can get blind drunk and make a nuisance of yourself, but you can't keep yourself fit and healthy and make yourself less likely to be adversely affected if you are unfortunate enough to contract covid-19.

Oh well, here's hoping for August.
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P