G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Has your community pool reopened yet?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

jca155
Canada

Has your community pool reopened yet?

Post by jca155 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:33 pm

As far as I know, none of the community pools, nor pools in privately-owned gyms in British Columbia (or even the whole Canada) has reopened yet.

Although a handful of suburb outdoor pools will be reopening in late June/early July, those outdoor pools tend to leave more space for children plunging, less space dedicated for lap swimming. Also, these outdoor pools do not have hot tubs, sauna and steam rooms. I am not saying these add-ons are a must but I definitely miss using them.

I am wondering if there is any part in the world that community pools has already reopened. If so, what measures do these pools implement to keep swimmers safe?

I can't wait to go swimming soon. I am eager to add that to my workout routine. If the pools are not reopening soon, maybe I should consider swimming in the ocean. But it's not my first choice because the water here is freezing cold. LOL
Johnny in Vancouver

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Re: Has your community pool reopened yet?

Post by Speedoaddict » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:32 am

The pools in the UK are not open either. When they are re-opened they are talking about people arriving with their swimwear on under their clothes. This is to avoid people being in close proximity in the changing areas. As for how many people will be allowed in the pool we have had no information regarding this. We have been told that chlorine in the pool kills covid-19, but not sure how they will manage this or how they expect patrons to get changed after swimming.
Only time will tell as what will be conformed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

villageguy
United States of America

Post by villageguy » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:36 am

The pools here are open but limited number of swimmers...no organized activities

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:36 am

Outside pools are open here, inside ones are not yet. 1 person per lane.

yamamay
United States of America

Post by yamamay » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:39 am

Our neighborhood pool opened last week. Just checked it out last night with my wife, and wore a square cut. One lane for lap swimming, but if there are kids they just run where they want. Due to covid there is no pool furniture, you must bring your own. I'll try to go back on lunch soon and lap swim in a speedo.

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:52 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:32 am
The pools in the UK are not open either. When they are re-opened they are talking about people arriving with their swimwear on under their clothes. This is to avoid people being in close proximity in the changing areas. As for how many people will be allowed in the pool we have had no information regarding this. We have been told that chlorine in the pool kills covid-19, but not sure how they will manage this or how they expect patrons to get changed after swimming.
Only time will tell as what will be conformed.

Hm... I wonder how they manage that. So they are doing to set up spaces on the pool deck for people to take off their pants and clothes? That's gonna be an interesting scene! :lol:

Please report back once you get a chance to go for a swim when the pools reopen.
Johnny in Vancouver

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:57 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:36 am
1 person per lane?? Wow! Unless the pool has many lanes, they can't accommodate many swimmers at a time.

So, do they limit the amount of time each person can spend in the pool? Do swimmers have to wait for a long time to get in?
Johnny in Vancouver

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:00 pm

yamamay wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:39 am
Our neighborhood pool opened last week. Just checked it out last night with my wife, and wore a square cut. One lane for lap swimming, but if there are kids they just run where they want. Due to covid there is no pool furniture, you must bring your own. I'll try to go back on lunch soon and lap swim in a speedo.
Sounds like you could still lay a towel on the pool deck and soak up some ray!

That's a good way to work on the speedo tan! 8)
Johnny in Vancouver

yamamay
United States of America

Post by yamamay » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:11 am

Oh I have the speedo tan from being at the beach this weekend. It's undeniable.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:24 am

jca155 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:57 pm
...:::sam:::... wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:36 am
1 person per lane?? Wow! Unless the pool has many lanes, they can't accommodate many swimmers at a time.

So, do they limit the amount of time each person can spend in the pool? Do swimmers have to wait for a long time to get in?
You're right, not a lot of swimmers or swimming! The outdoor pools here are normally Olympic pools, which are 8 lanes with both outside lanes being wider so they can be expanded to 10 lanes. 1 hour bookings per lane with 45min swim time, 2 bookings per week max.

The indoor pools, normally 25m x 8 lanes, are not allowed to open yet.

wetman1961
Great Britain

Post by wetman1961 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:41 am

Swim England is due to issue guidance on 15th June, on how swimming pools in England can reopen safely. The earliest date that pools in England could open is 4th July. Scotland, Wales and N Ireland will have their own guidelines and will reopen pools when their devolved Governments consider it safe to do so.
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:09 am

wetman1961 wrote:Swim England is due to issue guidance on 15th June, on how swimming pools in England can reopen safely. The earliest date that pools in England could open is 4th July. Scotland, Wales and N Ireland will have their own guidelines and will reopen pools when their devolved Governments consider it safe to do so.
I don’t know about you I am looking forward to them re-opening. I want to get back into swimming.

Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

wetman1961
Great Britain

Post by wetman1961 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:52 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:09 am
wetman1961 wrote:Swim England is due to issue guidance on 15th June, on how swimming pools in England can reopen safely. The earliest date that pools in England could open is 4th July. Scotland, Wales and N Ireland will have their own guidelines and will reopen pools when their devolved Governments consider it safe to do so.
I don’t know about you I am looking forward to them re-opening. I want to get back into swimming.

Me too! I'm fortunate to have the sea, but for fitness it isn't as good as a pool especially when the weather isn't good. I was doing an hour three or four times a week before the pools were closed abruptly.
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P

handstandmatt
Great Britain

Post by handstandmatt » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:48 am

jca155 wrote:As far as I know, none of the community pools, nor pools in privately-owned gyms in British Columbia (or even the whole Canada) has reopened yet.

Although a handful of suburb outdoor pools will be reopening in late June/early July, those outdoor pools tend to leave more space for children plunging, less space dedicated for lap swimming. Also, these outdoor pools do not have hot tubs, sauna and steam rooms. I am not saying these add-ons are a must but I definitely miss using them.

I am wondering if there is any part in the world that community pools has already reopened. If so, what measures do these pools implement to keep swimmers safe?

I can't wait to go swimming soon. I am eager to add that to my workout routine. If the pools are not reopening soon, maybe I should consider swimming in the ocean. But it's not my first choice because the water here is freezing cold. LOL
Still waiting in uk

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:56 pm

The L.A. Fitness I use has opened. But the place was never that well maintained. And since the virus hasn't gone away in this area (the infection/death rate is the same as a month ago), I'm going to check out one of the outdoor pools run by the county. I usually don't let my age get in the way of anything, but in this case, I'm making an exception.
Long time Speedo® lover

FloridaSpeedo
United States of America

Post by FloridaSpeedo » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:47 pm

Ours are starting to open but rules up the kazoo. 1) Make a reservation for a lane, 2) 1 hour max, 3) No talking, 4) If you miss 2 reservations in a row you are banned for 2 weeks, 5) Can only enter the pool on the East and must exit to the West, 6) No showers. Arrive in your suit, leave in your suit.

You get the idea.

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:11 pm

FloridaSpeedo wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:47 pm
6) No showers. Arrive in your suit, leave in your suit.
This is gonna be interesting... It's pretty tricky in terms of logistics. I imagine you would need to lay a towel on your driver seat, then sit into the car in your wet swimsuit. Even trickier if you walk, ride a bike or take transit to the pool.

In fact, I think they should implement a stricter shower policy. Swimmers should shower before and after their swim thoroughly, just like how everyone should wash their hands, not just a quick rinse.

The concern of the safety in locker room is about physical distance between swimmers, not the cleanliness or the shower area, right?

The "arrive in your suit, leave in your suit" policy doesn't sound like the most hygienic one.
Johnny in Vancouver

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:32 am

No, they sent a letter saying that they are a 'health facility', not a 'gym', so we can go pound sand.

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:40 am

wetman1961 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:41 am
Swim England is due to issue guidance on 15th June, on how swimming pools in England can reopen safely. The earliest date that pools in England could open is 4th July. Scotland, Wales and N Ireland will have their own guidelines and will reopen pools when their devolved Governments consider it safe to do so.
It's looking like roughly August time for the leisure facilities here in Wales to open. It looks as if the gym and limited classes will be first to open and then gradually the pool will open so I'm not getting my hopes up for the pools to be open to the public until about September.

I'm missing the pool SO bad, not just for fitness but for my mental health. The pool was always my getaway.
Bad day at work...swim it off. Great day at work...go for a swim. Housemates getting too much...go for a swim. Feeling unfit...go for a swim. Feeling fabulous...go for a swim. I'm definitely feeling lost without it.

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:37 am

City pools here are closed for 2020 season. Looking to 2021---