G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Swimming Post Quarantine

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Swimming Post Quarantine

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:04 am

The pools around us are still closed, but some are talking about what it will take for them to reopen. This was in one newsletter.
I'll never forget the first time I went to our local pool with my father. "Why can't we wear swimsuits?" I asked on our way there. "They clog the filters," he replied. Some still don't believe me when I tell them that nude swimming was required for "health reasons" not too long ago. There were no exceptions. Even the lifeguards were distinguished only by the whistles around their necks.

While we (probably) won't bring back nude swimming, we are developing some policies to help keep everyone safe.

County regulations require a nude cleansing shower before entering the pool. Until now, this policy has been loosely enforced. Going forward, we'll be asking all of our members to shower, nude, with soap, before donning their swimsuits. We're not going to post anyone at the showers, but lifeguards may occasionally check the locker rooms and remind members.

Other change are forthcoming. We welcome any suggestions, and look forward to opening as soon as possible.
Given the opportunity, what changes would you like to see at pools? Much like how swimsuits used to be banned because they "clogged the filter", this could be an opportunity for pools to make changes without too much push back.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Re: Swimming Post Quarantine

Post by Scottiebum » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:07 am

Insist on showering properly before swimming. Have watched a swim club that comes in to the pool after my session, all ages up to 50/60 and only about 2 or 3 out of a dozen or more shower!
Also like France proper swim briefs/trunks must be worn, no football shorts over underwear.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:40 am

Scottiebum wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:07 am
Insist on showering properly before swimming. Have watched a swim club that comes in to the pool after my session, all ages up to 50/60 and only about 2 or 3 out of a dozen or more shower!
Also like France proper swim briefs/trunks must be worn, no football shorts over underwear.
Yes, showering off before entering the pool should be required. You'd think a swim club would do that. Wearing a swim cap would likely help too.
Long time Speedo® lover

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:43 am

Scottiebum wrote:
If implemented, this would bring a cultural change in North America.

That's the day when speedos shine!
Johnny in Vancouver

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:37 am

Scottiebum wrote:
Thats a lot of come. :shock:

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:18 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:37 am
Scottiebum wrote:
Thats a lot of come. :shock:
:lol:
Long time Speedo® lover

FloridaSpeedo
United States of America

Post by FloridaSpeedo » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:35 pm

I understand the whole quarantine bit. Our pools are starting to open but no showers. You have to show up in your suit and leave wearing it.

At the gym the showers and FAUCETS are turned off. Can't wash your hands. Doesn't seem very sanitary after using the bathroom. To me, I am going to get something and its not going to be the Covid.

FloridaSpeedo
United States of America

Post by FloridaSpeedo » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:36 pm

I understand the whole quarantine bit. Our pools are starting to open but no showers. You have to show up in your suit and leave wearing it.

At the gym the showers and FAUCETS are turned off. Can't wash your hands. Doesn't seem very sanitary after using the bathroom. To me, I am going to get something and its not going to be the Covid.

FloridaSpeedo
United States of America

Post by FloridaSpeedo » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:36 pm

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:49 pm

I would love to see stricter enforcement of the shower before you swim policy. That was the only part I couldn’t stand about my current location, people come in off the street and walk right past the LARGE SIGN that clear says ALL GUESTS MUST SHOWER BEFORE ENTERING THE POOL.

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:48 am

FloridaSpeedo wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:36 pm

That's a bizarre rule. There's no link between coronavirus and water - except that washing is a good thing.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:02 pm

Nate wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:48 am

That's a bizarre rule. There's no link between coronavirus and water - except that washing is a good thing.
I live in South Florida. The rules can be weird. The county pools are open, but I haven't been to them yet, so I don't know if they have that shower restriction. I'm older, and I have to be careful. Even though my heart and lungs are good, I really can't take any chances. Might go to the beach. I know a few more remote ones where it's easy to social distance.

Our virus rates are going up since they've eased restrictions. A lot of people just aren't being careful. The Covid virus doesn't seem to be seasonal like the flu.
Long time Speedo® lover

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:41 am

Virginia mandates a distance of at least six feet between people, no more than three per lane. I guess we're supposed to get to the end of the lane, then walk back to the other end.

geauxboi
United States of America

Post by geauxboi » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:00 am

Maybe banning men from wearing there cotton boxer briefs under there board shorts. I think most guys just put on their board shorts over the underwear they been wearing all day, now think about how much bacreria is in that! I say get rid of those god awful board shorts anyway, and just wear a 5 inch inseam swim trunk with a liner in it if speedos are too taboo. I remember one time as a teenager swimming in gym shorts and white cotton tightie whities and have never been so miserable. Never did it again, always wore swim trunk with the liner it it. I don't know how most guys where those floppy board shorts with long cotton hanes boxer briefs! Talk about drag you down, how do you swim in that? But most people do not swim at pools they just sit in the water so I guess they don't think about it.