G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

What was your first experience with a speedo?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

muscleworship5

Re: What was your first experience with a speedo?

Post by muscleworship5 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:33 am

Thom wrote:I think I bought my first speedo when I was 18 or 19--it's kind of a blurr now--a Speedo brand, nylon (no Lycra then), royal blue and with white splices. The first time I wore one in public was when I was 20 and went to Bermuda. I forgot to bring my Speedo from home, so I bought one in Hamilton. It was grey and made in France with narrower sides than my Speedo brand suit. It was kind of a coarse fabric, but it did stretch. I felt as though I'd gone to another planet. (It was only a two hour flight from Boston.) I rented a motor bike, threw my snorkeling gear, a towel, and food in a basket on the bike, and went to Elbow Beach--the public one, not the pricey resort. (I stayed in an old guest house without AC.) I don't remember if any other guys were wearing speedos or not. I do remember a French woman in a black bikini at the beach approached me and was friendly. (She was rich and staying at the Elbow Beach Surf Club.) She must have been in her thirties, but to me, at that time, she seemed so much older. I haven't thought about this in ages. Anyway, after that trip, I always wore Speedos swimming. Wore them all the time in the university pool. Back then, Speedos were mostly associated with competitive swimming. I don't remember any prejudices about them.
love your story

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:47 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:45 am
We had to jump into the pool, try to catch the instructors hoop but she would always pull it away, but if we ever did catch it she would get shitty.
Hmmm, I'm surprised she didn't make you jump THROUGH the hoop. :roll: I took swimming lessons in grad school. The instructor was a drill sergeant. He made us repeatedly jump off the three meter board, which felt like ten meters. I guess that was if we ever had to make a getaway jumping off a cliff into some body of water, like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Probably the worst swimming instructor I've ever met. He did look good in his black Speedos, I will give him that.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:49 pm

muscleworship5 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:33 am
love your story
Glad you liked it. It was a really cool nostalgia trip to think back on this.

And I just recalled one another thing. The first speedos that I saw and wanted were in.... ta-dah, The Boy Scout Catalog!

I think at Scout Camp they encouraged guys to wear them because they dried quickly. They had narrow red and white alternating stripes. and they were nylon in that era. Not sure if they were Speedo brand or Dolphin, another brand around then. Anyway, I thought they were hot.

Today, they sell one suit, and this is it. More suited to white water rafting. Looks like this would go below the knees.

Scouts Swim.png
BSA swim suit
Scouts Swim.png (390.7 KiB) Viewed 9023 times
Long time Speedo® lover

muscleworship5

Post by muscleworship5 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:50 pm

Thom wrote:
muscleworship5 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:33 am
love your story
Glad you liked it. It was a really cool nostalgia trip to think back on this.

And I just recalled one another thing. The first speedos that I saw and wanted were in.... ta-dah, The Boy Scout Catalog!

I think at Scout Camp they encouraged guys to wear them because they dried quickly. They had narrow red and white alternating stripes. and they nylon in that era. Not sure if they were Speedo brand or Dolphin, another brand around then. Anyway, I thought they were hot.

Today, they sell one suit, and this is it. More suited to white water rafting. Looks like this would go below the knees.

Scouts Swim.png
prefer speedos but those shorts are nice

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:49 pm

muscleworship5 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:50 pm

They're made by Columbia, which is a good company.
Long time Speedo® lover

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:42 pm

Thom wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:49 pm
muscleworship5 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:50 pm

They're made by Columbia, which is a good company.
Those aren't shorts, those are more like capris pants, at least to us shorter guys

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:14 am

Those boy scouts shorts look like two airfield wind socks sewn together.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:54 am

paspeedo wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:29 pm
I went thru school in the 80s in a very rural area, sadly didn’t have a pool.

I bought my first pair in my mid 30s, after loosing 30lbs. I treated myself to a Florida winter beach vacation and wore them in public for the first time.

Never looked back.. now up to about 70 pairs!
wow, 70 pairs! nice!!! I have 60 atm.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:15 am

speedostud wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:50 am
I got my first speedo when I was 16. I was on a family holiday in Thailand, and went shopping by myself at a mall in Bangkok one day. I found myself in a mens store with a whole wall of Speedo swimsuits! I had been an admirer of Speedos for a while, and didn't hesitate to pick a pair off the wall and buy them. It was a peach colour, very low sides - like 1.5" maybe - maybe a little slutty for an innocent teenager. I remember the staff not really caring that a 16 year old white boy was buying a speedo, and it gave me hope that there were more Speedos in my future. I swam in high school, but it was a small town and I would have been slayed for even thinking of wearing a speedo to train. I'd only seen them on TV and the internet.

I had my own hotel room, which had a secluded balcony away from my parents, so I went back to the room and put them on... pretty sure I got a boner and probably jerked off in the mirror or something, I don't recall... I sat out in the sun on the balcony in nothing but my new speedos every chance I got, I had the most insane speedo tan lines by the end of the trip!

One day towards the end of the trip, we had a boat tour to some of the islands booked, and my parents decided not to go... I went anyway, and wore the speedo under my swim shorts. There was only one couple on the boat with me and the captain, very friendly Germans in their 40s. Once the boat got going they took off their clothes to just their swimsuits: she had a bikini on, and he had on a royal blue Speedo! They were so confident and comfortable nearly naked that I followed suit and stripped down to my new swim briefs. The three of us hung out on the back of the boat in the sun like a little speedo family all day... stopping at beaches, swimming, snorkelling, eating lunch... all in nothing but my peach coloured Speedos! It was heaven!
Great experience. I envy you. Any accidental bulge caressing happen?

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:25 am

[/quote]

Great experience. I envy you. Any accidental bulge caressing happen?
[/quote]

No, but he did catch me staring at his bulge a few times and smiled. That was enough foreplay for me at that stage of my life. lol.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:22 pm

I bought my first Speedo when I was about 16. It was medium blue. I wore it in my best friend’s hot tub and under a wet suit when waterskiing in cold water.

nmspeedoboi
United States of America

My First Speedo Experience

Post by nmspeedoboi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:41 pm

Back when I was around 15, the common style of boys swimwear was the short trunks, and often, tight, short spandex style trunks – today often referred to as “square cuts”. I was at a company picnic sponsored by my Dad’s company. It was at a pretty nice private park that had been reserved for the event. There was a full Olympic size pool among other features and many kids were using it on that warm July day, including me – although at the time I wasn’t a very good swimmer. However, I was instantly captivated upon seeing two younger boys – apparently brothers - who were both wearing purple Speedo swimsuits with wide white stripes at the sides. The boys were probably around 8 and 11 years of age. WOW! I couldn’t take my eyes off from them. They were so cute and hot looking – beautiful little asses. I just HAD to get one of those things for myself. I remembered seeing Speedo suits at the sporting goods store where I had gotten my mandatory PE uniform for school. Having a pretty good summer job, I definitely had enough money, so as soon as I could get to the store I went. Sure enough they had a purple and white Speedo exactly like those the two boys were wearing in my size so I bought it. I was so excited when I got home I immediately tried it on admiring myself in my bathroom mirror. I was hard as a rock. I wound up peeing in it while watching myself in the mirror, then I finished up by creaming it. HOT! Guess that was where I figured out that I had a strong gay streak in me, although in those days, being gay was definitely a “no, no”. I was still also heterosexual and had a girlfriend, 3 years younger than me, who liked to pee in her bikini swimsuit when we swam together in her backyard “Doughboy” pool. I wound up peeing in my Speedo for her once which delighted her to no end. I also liked her older brother who was one year younger than me, but he didn’t have the “gay gene” that I had, though we were best friends and spent a lot of time together, including working together on a large ranch. He confined himself to wearing the tight “square cut” style of the day, and once he even peed in his gold colored suit for me. HOT! I long ago moved away from the area, but I also have since become a serious swimmer. Today am an excellent long distance swimmer and I always wear a Speedo style swimsuit whenever I swim - usually at inland lakes. I have a drawer full of ‘em. My favorite today is the AussieBum nylon suits – probably because they are so much like the old original nylon Speedos I first wore and loved. I have at least a dozen or more of them.

nmspeedoboi
United States of America

Post by nmspeedoboi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:54 pm

diveguy wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:14 am
Those boy scouts shorts look like two airfield wind socks sewn together.
Ha! That's a pretty good analogy. I always say that trying to swim in today's "boardies" - which I hate - is about like trying to swim with an army pup tent tethered around your waist. I think I like your analogy better though! :lol:

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:28 pm

I had written a novel that I deleted, but here's the summary:

When I was a little kid, apparently my mom dressed my brothers and me (it was the late 70s/early 80s) in speedos so we were easy to spot at a crowded community pool. I have no recollection of this, however.

I DO remember being a teenager and my dad- who ran casually- received the Road Runner Sports running catalog every month or two. I was probably in 7th grade, sitting on the couch in our living room, and I was flipping through the magazines on the coffee table. I picked up the Road Runner catalog and I got to the page with triathlon stuff- and I recall they had guys wearing Hind briefs. For whatever reason I just remember seeing that photo and getting SO turned on. It was just something about those speedos... and I've been hooked ever since.
Last edited by 52dno98 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

SpeedoLover96
Australia

Post by SpeedoLover96 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:53 pm

When I was around 14 years old, I started developing a fetish for speedos. I would stay on the family computer late at night and search for pictures of teen boys in their speedos. I would stare and admire their bodies and bulges. In my mind I imagined pulling down their speedos and wondering what their privates looked like.

At this point I still had no idea about masturbation. I got frequent erections while I was in the bathtub and was fascinated by the way my penis could grow hard (to about five inches) and slowly soften. One night, instead of searching for speedo pictures, I looked for speedo stories on the Internet. I found an entry entitled 'Speedo Stories' on a site. I started reading and immediately got interested. The author talked about his experiences with speedos. The entry included the experiences he had on holiday, at school and the time he bought his first pair of speedos. I absolutely loved the story, and decided to print out the whole thing so I could read it any time I wanted to.

As I read more and more I discovered that his method of masturbation would be to put on speedos and rub them with his hand or on his bed. After I finished reading, I decided I would need to buy my own speedos, and that's what I did. After school one day I went to a department store and searched for some speedos. I found what I was looking for. I still remember them: a light blue pair, size 14, made by Speedo. I brought it to a change room, took off all my clothes except my undies (wish I could've taken them off as well, but you know, store policy). I replicated the author’s experience by feeling my hips, butt and boner through the speedos. What a great experience! I stayed in the change room for a few more minutes, admiring the way the speedos looked on my skinny body. When I had finished, I paid for them (they were on sale which I hadn't noticed: bonus!) and couldn't wait to go home and try them on.

That night, I read the story by torchlight while wearing just my blue speedos. I tried his method of rubbing with my hand and on my bed, but the best I could get was a few drops of precum. I kept trying for a few days, then gave up, thinking I was probably not old enough to produce the 'hot slippery cum' that the author had described.

A few days later, I was browsing for more speedo pictures at night and came across the Wikipedia page for masturbation. I scrolled down and saw a picture of a man's penis, and it looked like he was stroking it up and down. I decided to go into the bathroom, take off my shirt and pull down my pants to try that method. I went slowly at first, making my penis as stiff as possible, before pumping hard out. After a few minutes of this I finally got a feeling that I had to pee. I let out a soft groan and soon a few ropes of hot slippery cum landed on my stomach. I was breathless and ultra amazed. I cleaned up, went into my bedroom and slept.

Early next morning I decided to repeat what I had done the previous night, this time using my light blue speedos. I took off all my clothes, slipped them on, rubbed them to get me hard and when I was hard enough, I untied the strings. Then, using the stroking method, I managed to shoot a few more ropes of cum. Since then, I've been masturbating most days, bought more speedos (in navy, red and black colours) and even experimented with tight swim shorts and swim jammers. I've used them in all kinds of different positions!

White7

Post by White7 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:20 am

I already told the story about me get inspiratin from my uncle. because he wear speedo as underwear before he goes to swim. One day, I was about 10 or 11 and suddenly I got plan to wear the speedos, the one my uncle bought for me, to go to school as underwear. I wonder if I could wear it as comfy just like my uncle.
In the morning before I go to school, I put off the trouser, put off the cotton brief and wore the speedos I prepared before and put back the trouser on it.
It kind of silky and slippery, and my heart really went racing because this was really my new and first experience, it also thight and fit my whole crotch and hip, really fit. I almost feel the fabric under my trouser all the time. And I decided one day I have to buy my own and wear it as undies always so I can be ready anywhere, whether the pool is nearby or I just wear it as daily. My whole day in school at that time became so much different.
Now, I really attached to it as underwear swimwear and wear it proud!

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:48 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:I don’t have a story that’s worth telling here, but I will anyway. I don’t ever remember not having speedos to swim in, that’s just what I always have had. The earliest memory that I have of them is having swimming lessons in prep school in them. I remember wearing them because of when we were all getting changed together It was outside behind a tree, not inside. Well, that pool actually doesn’t have a change room. Also how cold that particular pool always was, even on a hot day. We had to jump into the pool, try to catch the instructors hoop but she would always pull it away, but if we ever did catch it she would get shitty.
I like that story Sam, it show how countries treat swimming.
In Australia from what I have read and been told by friends and family who have lived there it’s part of the Aussie culture. No one blinks an eye at a speedo. Swimming is a huge part of the culture. I had a cousin who lived in Sydney and she would get up 4am go swimming, a little run. Back home shower, changed, breakfast, then off to work. After work home shower changed and out. Either to the beach, meet up with friends or she would go for a swim. I think she thought Aussie TV was all Neighbours and Home & Away (thanks for these Australia by the way. We will have our revenge ). But at the pool men wore mainly Speedos, at the beach swimmers wore Speedos, she would walk back to be apartment / flat and see men walking in speedos going home. She said the culture is just so laid back. She now looks at men who wear shorts for swimming as strange. She seriously can’t understand it. Her English husband has a pair of Speedos he wears on holidays / vacations (like he has a choice). But he used to wear board shorts and now he wears a speedo he says it a lot more comfy to swim and lay on the beach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:47 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:48 am
...:::sam:::... wrote:I don’t have a story that’s worth telling here, but I will anyway. I don’t ever remember not having speedos to swim in, that’s just what I always have had. The earliest memory that I have of them is having swimming lessons in prep school in them. I remember wearing them because of when we were all getting changed together It was outside behind a tree, not inside. Well, that pool actually doesn’t have a change room. Also how cold that particular pool always was, even on a hot day. We had to jump into the pool, try to catch the instructors hoop but she would always pull it away, but if we ever did catch it she would get shitty.
I like that story Sam, it show how countries treat swimming.
In Australia from what I have read and been told by friends and family who have lived there it’s part of the Aussie culture. No one blinks an eye at a speedo. Swimming is a huge part of the culture. I had a cousin who lived in Sydney and she would get up 4am go swimming, a little run. Back home shower, changed, breakfast, then off to work. After work home shower changed and out. Either to the beach, meet up with friends or she would go for a swim. I think she thought Aussie TV was all Neighbours and Home & Away (thanks for these Australia by the way. We will have our revenge ). But at the pool men wore mainly Speedos, at the beach swimmers wore Speedos, she would walk back to be apartment / flat and see men walking in speedos going home. She said the culture is just so laid back. She now looks at men who wear shorts for swimming as strange. She seriously can’t understand it. Her English husband has a pair of Speedos he wears on holidays / vacations (like he has a choice). But he used to wear board shorts and now he wears a speedo he says it a lot more comfy to swim and lay on the beach.
Hey thats so true, I have to admit, that when I read on here there is a completely different view of what speedos are and to me its really weird. For swimming, speedos is what my parents always bought me and now thats what I still wear. Its funny, my year coordinator from when I was at school called me anpit 3 nights ago because he had seen me in some old school photos that had been posted up and we were all getting around in speedos at school. Mind you, they were school uniform. For cruising around I do wear board shorts but everywhere that is beach front I wear speedos, although if I'm in a coffee shop or restaurant thats on the beach front I'll put a towel on and I'm inside for a sit down I'll put a T-shirt or singlet on. All the swimmers wear them, and it doesn't matter if its a swimming or sports event, squads, training or just out for a swim (as in a swim, not a play) then just about all are in speedos. People that are out just to muck around wear boardies. In Australia there has never been the idea that if you're in speedos that you're gay or any other thing like that apart from if you're in speedos then your actually swimming or getting a tan. This whole concept of people that wear speedos are gay is really really strange to me, like its just such a strange and wrong view of the world. I've travelled a fair bit internationally and still always swim in speedos wherever I go and have never had anything untoward, but I haven't been into the US before. But you're right, I would say that the vast majority in Australia can swim, it has a pretty good culture of swimming and beach life and nobody blinks an eye at speedos. My feeling is that people that don't like speedos probably just don't back themselves with self confidence - but nobody else cares what you wear. Even when I've got my old chlorine faded and totally see through Aussiebums on, nobody says anything and the Lifeguards will still stop for a chat about anything and not say anything. When I see people swimming (not playing) who are in board shorts I know they they're not swimmers. Its funny though, I recall last year I think it was while I was training there was some man/boy that got into the pool to start knocking some laps out, he was dragging his legs and it all looked pretty untidy (but total kudos for getting in and training, I totally love that he was doing that!) and he stripped off in the pool and threw his boardies on the end of the pool then kept swimming. I really couldn't stop laughing, and I've never seen that before but really was so good. Oh, when I say he stripped off, he had speedos on underneath, he wasn't naked.

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:48 pm

The first time was at least four years of age. If I recall correctly I was making sand castles and looked down and WOW! I was wearing swimmers. Up to then when we went to the beach I ran about naked. That's my story, I'm sticking to it.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:23 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Tue Mar 04, 1975 8:10 pm

Hey thats so true, I have to admit, that when I read on here there is a completely different view of what speedos are and to me its really weird. For swimming, speedos is what my parents always bought me and now thats what I still wear. Its funny, my year coordinator from when I was at school called me anpit 3 nights ago because he had seen me in some old school photos that had been posted up and we were all getting around in speedos at school. Mind you, they were school uniform. For cruising around I do wear board shorts but everywhere that is beach front I wear speedos, although if I'm in a coffee shop or restaurant thats on the beach front I'll put a towel on and I'm inside for a sit down I'll put a T-shirt or singlet on. All the swimmers wear them, and it doesn't matter if its a swimming or sports event, squads, training or just out for a swim (as in a swim, not a play) then just about all are in speedos. People that are out just to muck around wear boardies. In Australia there has never been the idea that if you're in speedos that you're gay or any other thing like that apart from if you're in speedos then your actually swimming or getting a tan. This whole concept of people that wear speedos are gay is really really strange to me, like its just such a strange and wrong view of the world.
This was pretty much how things were in the U.S. when I was in college and in my twenties. Speedos were associated with swimming--not a sexual or gender-orientation statement. From my first pair, I didn't want to swim in anything else. Later, on my first trip to Florida in 1993, they were common on the beach. I rented a HobieCat on that trip, and the lad that tended the boats wore a pair all day. He was a varsity swimmer at uni. And I wore a pair when sailing. I mean, flying off the waves you got soaked. Way more fun wearing speedos in those warm tropical waters. At that time, in South Florida, there were always shops in the vacation areas that sold them; and inland, shops sold them to teams and rec swimmers. I don't know why the U.S. changed. I only know from reading that young men became more conservative. When I was In high school and college, we were used to showering together communally in a tiled shower room that had maybe six shower heads on the walls. In college we loved to shower together, talking and singing and just enjoying being together. The dorms were cold, it was like a quick trip to the tropics. (must have pushed up the university energy bill) Today, in high school here in FL, I'm told a lot guys just don't shower after gym at all. They don't want to walk around buck naked in the locker room. At my college, all those communal showers were demolished and replaced with two or three individual ones with shower curtains for privacy. Oh well. I've got lots of pairs of board shorts: I just don't swim in them.
Long time Speedo® lover