G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

What was your first experience with a speedo?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

swimmer3333
Australia

Re: What was your first experience with a speedo?

Post by swimmer3333 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:24 am

My story is a bit like Sam's. Growing up in Australia in the 80s and 90s, you wore speedos as a kid and thought nothing of it. Things could be a bit different in high school as most gravitated towards board shorts. I got teased a bit in my teens for wearing speedos but nothing terrible.. just a bit of fun. But whether it was at your own pool at home, or the beach or a friend's house, speedos were nearly always just the thing.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:16 am

swimmer3333 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:24 am
My story is a bit like Sam's. Growing up in Australia in the 80s and 90s, you wore speedos as a kid and thought nothing of it. Things could be a bit different in high school as most gravitated towards board shorts. I got teased a bit in my teens for wearing speedos but nothing terrible.. just a bit of fun. But whether it was at your own pool at home, or the beach or a friend's house, speedos were nearly always just the thing.
My Bro was a boardies wearer at the beach also, he sort of gravitated that way. He was always speedos are for the pool and boardies for the beach. Of my close mates it was funny, 2 were boardies wearers and 2 of us were speedo wearers. The boardies wearers weren't prudes at all - one I would shower and share a bed with (it wasn't like that) and the other one was like me and loves to skinny dip, so he and I always would when we could. Then me and another friend were the speedo wearers. I never asked why he wore them, I had never thought about it until now. I think for him it was also what he was used to wearing. Everybody who I train with wear speedos or maybe jammers and then same when in events they're pretty much all in speedos or jammers.

swimmer3333
Australia

Post by swimmer3333 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:08 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:16 am
swimmer3333 wrote:
My Bro was a boardies wearer at the beach also, he sort of gravitated that way. He was always speedos are for the pool and boardies for the beach. Of my close mates it was funny, 2 were boardies wearers and 2 of us were speedo wearers. The boardies wearers weren't prudes at all - one I would shower and share a bed with (it wasn't like that) and the other one was like me and loves to skinny dip, so he and I always would when we could. Then me and another friend were the speedo wearers. I never asked why he wore them, I had never thought about it until now. I think for him it was also what he was used to wearing. Everybody who I train with wear speedos or maybe jammers and then same when in events they're pretty much all in speedos or jammers.
I remember attending school swimming where there was a bunch of boys who swam in shorts and a bunch in speedos, and I have no memory of it being discussed. It just wasn't a thing.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:15 pm

swimmer3333 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:08 am
swimmer3333 wrote:
I remember attending school swimming where there was a bunch of boys who swam in shorts and a bunch in speedos, and I have no memory of it being discussed. It just wasn't a thing.
We would get sent off the blocks if we weren't in the school speedo. I kid you not, there was a uniform check on the blocks by the starter and anybody that had anything else on got sent. :lol: I think there were a lot of speedos that hadn't swum very far! :lol:

swimmer3333
Australia

Post by swimmer3333 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:13 pm

Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:15 pm
swimmer3333 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:08 am

We would get sent off the blocks if we weren't in the school speedo. I kid you not, there was a uniform check on the blocks by the starter and anybody that had anything else on got sent. :lol: I think there were a lot of speedos that hadn't swum very far! :lol:
I had mates at private schools where speedos were compulsory for any swimming - either in PE or swimming carnivals. It annoyed some of them but everyone got over it in about 20 seconds lol.

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:16 pm

First experience with a family friend both learning swimming. we both had speedos.

ATLSpeedoBB
United States of America

Post by ATLSpeedoBB » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:12 pm

The first Speedo I ever bought was when I was in high school. Where I grew up no one wore Speedos, let alone any color of brief other than white. In high school, I became friends with a pair of brothers who wore skimpy, colored bikini briefs like baseball player Jim Palmer sold/wore. They loved the razzing they got, but shut everyone up when they turned and displayed their huge cocks through the thin bikini briefs. They also wore Speedos as they ran and swam a ton! I wanted a Speedo like them – although I didn’t know when I would wear one.

I went to the big department store at the Mall, and found the swim briefs near the under wear. There wasn’t a big selection, but I didn’t care. I was so turned on and nervous at the same time. An older lady asked me if I needed help, and I said ‘No” and walked to the other side of the men’s department. She rolled her eyes and walked off the floor, but as she went she spoke to a young male clerk – he was a cute blond at most 18 or 19. He looked up at me and smiled.

I casually made my way back to the Speedo area and picked out a bright yellow speedo solar bikini. I grabbed the suit and hanger and walked over to the dressing rooms, where he met me. He was very polite and asked if I’d like to try the suit on. He let me into the dressing room, but was so hard I couldn’t get the suit on. I finally put my cock to one side and looked at myself in the mirror. It didn’t look right.

The salesman knocked on the door and asked how I was doing. I was so flustered. I told him it didn’t look right. So he poked his head in and asked what size I had. Whether this was a competition suit, or for hanging out at the pool and off he went. I had taken off the suit and had my briefs in front of me when he opened the door and handed me a smaller size. I tried it on, and it looked great, except for my hard on. I thought bad thoughts but it was no use. When he entered the room, he looked at my bubble butt and said “Not bad. Let me see the front.” Then I turned and his eyes got big when he saw my full 7 inch erection. He whispered that I shouldn’t worry. He gets hard when he puts on his Speedo too. He recommended that I jack off before I put it on.

He adjusted the suit on my ass, and told me that there is no correct way to point your cock in a swimsuit. It’s a matter of preference. He playfully tapped my hard cock and said, I think you had better keep that to the side. He asked if I wanted to wear them out, and I said sure! He rang me up and was really flirty. He told me which gay beach is the best to go to, and put my white briefs in the shopping bag. As he did, he suggested that I come back on Saturday because they were having a sale on Jockey Bikini briefs. I did comeback bought the briefs and started my fetish. I ran into him at the gay beach. He had a killer body and looked hot in his bikini. Oooh I wanted his cock in me, but he said I was too young. Dammit.
Love speedos and spandex almost as much as I love cocks shooting cum.

Nike_brief
United States of America

Post by Nike_brief » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:26 am

When I was around 17 or 18 a friend and I had snuck into the high school pool at night to swim. For some reason the swim team or water polo team had left a bunch of gear scattered all over the bleachers, and there was a few pairs of speedos laying around. I was hugely curios about trying a speedo at this time. I picked one up and told my friend “here’s your speedo” and we both kinda laughed, but he said “ I wonder what those feel like to swim in?” Since I could tell he was interested in speedos too, I put one on. I was a little skeptical about trying some other guys used brief, but I figured the chlorine from the pool would kill anything nasty. As soon as I hit the water I fell in love with the feel of swimming in a brief. My friend stayed up on the pool deck for a few more minutes, and eventually tried on one of the other speedos. We swam for quite a while and both talked about how good speedos felt. I ended up taking the speedo home and that became my first brief, but my friend didn’t. He said he liked the way it felt, but couldn't see himself ever wearing it again.

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:14 am

I was in Thailand with my family for holidays, and had my own room with a very private balcony. I bought a pair of peach, very low cut bikini swim briefs at the mall nearby and sat out on my balcony every day in them... i had the sluttiest dark tan line of any teenager after 10 days there... had some very naughty times with a married man in my hotel who loved it.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:26 am

I was aware of speedos very young, seeing swimming & diving on TV. Plus, the local newspaper had a sporting goods store ad in the corner of the sports section every day; in the rotation was ads for the latest competitive swimwear with fit men and women in the latest suits from Speedo. From being a young kid I thought, I gotta get in on this someday.

Then arriving at middle school, when PE class was swimming, They provided grab-bag nylon briefs for anyone who didn't have their own suit. Most weren't very well-fitting but some weren't bad. I can't believe I never swiped one....

At age 16, I scared up some cash and ventured down to the department store and purchased my first speedo right off the rack. Spent hours looking at myself in the mirror in it. It was a fantastic feeling. I'm not sure if I ever even swam in it. But it launched a lifelong enthusiast.

Speedo_arena
United States of America

Post by Speedo_arena » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:05 pm

My first speedo purchase was in my early 20’s when I had the chance to live in Berlin for a summer between school years. I remember seeing a rack of speedos at one of the big department stores, KaDeWe. I visited the men’s section a few times and finally got the nerve up to try one on. It was an instant reaction and I knew I had to buy it. It was a navy blue Speedo, size 28. My boyfriend at the time had to work days some times so I had the chance to sunbathe in the park. So I wore the Speedos under shorts and went to an area known to be frequented by gay men. There were a few guys already there in speedos so I knew I would be fine except for that whole boner thing. The idea of being outside in public and very exposed was very erotic to me. Let us just say I had to lay on my stomach until I got used to it. I wore them a lot that summer. My boyfriend joined me a few times and it became easier to wear them. A few years later I started swim training and went through a second phase of wearing them at the pool. Now I have been wearing them for ages and don’t think much about it unless I get turned on by a fellow swimmer.

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:39 am

My first experience was when I joined a swim team at 10 years old. We were issued team swimsuits. Up until then, like a lot of young boys at the time, we'd just swim at the beach or community pool in white cotton BVD's :lol:

I still remember how cool it was to get my first Mizuno competitive bread complete with the club logo and everything...WOW! Ever since I've had a fetish for competitive bread BIG TIME! Right now, I think I have close to 50 of them, maybe even more!

And what's really crazy is that since most of the major Japanese manufacturers like Mizuno, Arena, and Asics have pretty much switched over to jammers, the bikini style has pretty much disappeared, and the more exotic "bespoke" team versions are hardly produced at all except for divers.

That means that the value of the discontinued suits, especially Mizuno's Mighty Line have skyrocketed on Yahoo Auctions, and you can expect to pay well over ¥10,000 ($90 USD)for a used one, and if it is a genuine meet-worn team suit, up to as much as ¥40,000! That's how much someone offered me for one of my rare ones. As tempting as it was, I didn't take the offer!

SpeedoFetish
Japan

Post by SpeedoFetish » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:09 am

SammyKyoupan wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:39 am
competitive bread
Is this an innovative translation of kyoupan (競パン)? :) I've always assumed the パン in 競パン refers to パンツ...
Last edited by SpeedoFetish on Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Douglasc1701
United States of America

Post by Douglasc1701 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:56 am

My first experience with a speedo was I would say I was in sixth grade. I remember seeing Tom Daley in one and wanted to try one out. Later that year I was up north with my family and my uncle has two pairs of speedos and I asked him if I try one out and he said yes. I remember not being able to sleep as I was so excited about trying one on.

After breakfast my family spends all day at the lake more a less so we all changed into our suits and my uncle gave me the smaller of the two speedos which was a size 32 and I was like a size 28 waist so it was a little big but was still fun. I loved the way it looked on me and felt.

I ended up giving it back to my uncle at the end of the trip and I wanted to buy a speedo for my self but my parents where not the biggest fans of it at the time so I went two about two years with out a Speedo but that all changed when I got to high school and joined the swim team. Fun story’s about that but that’s for another time.

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:20 pm

SpeedoFetish wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:09 am
SammyKyoupan wrote:
competitive bread
Is this an innovative translation of kyoupan (競パン)? :) I've always assumed the パン in 競パン refers to パンツ...
Yes basically. In Japan, 競パン is the more popular Japanese slang referring to competition swimsuits, even though the literal translation is "bread competition". The less popular but more accurate word is "kyoupan" which is a Japanese blended word combing the word "kyousou" which means "race" with "pantsu" meaning pants.

SpeedoFetish
Japan

Post by SpeedoFetish » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:24 am

SammyKyoupan wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:20 pm
SpeedoFetish wrote:
SammyKyoupan wrote:
competitive bread
Yes basically. In Japan, 競パン is the more popular Japanese slang referring to competition swimsuits, even though the literal translation is "bread competition". The less popular but more accurate word is "kyoupan" which is a Japanese blended word combing the word "kyousou" which means "race" with "pantsu" meaning pants.
OK, I only brought it up because people here won't know what you mean if you say "bread competition" or "competitive bread." Maybe something like "competition swimwear" would be a better translation.

Anyway, I've really enjoyed your posts here. Great pics!

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:56 am

SpeedoFetish wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:24 am
SammyKyoupan wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:20 pm
SpeedoFetish wrote:

OK, I only brought it up because people here won't know what you mean if you say "bread competition" or "competitive bread." Maybe something like "competition swimwear" would be a better translation.

Anyway, I've really enjoyed your posts here. Great pics!
Well you are right but I just wanted people here to get used to the terms since if you google them, you can see a lot of what you'd never find if you did not use those terms (in Japanese)

SpeedoFetish
Japan

Post by SpeedoFetish » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:32 am

SammyKyoupan wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:56 am
Well you are right but I just wanted people here to get used to the terms since if you google them, you can see a lot of what you'd never find if you did not use those terms (in Japanese)
But the Japanese literally means "competition pants," because the パン in 競パン is a shortened form of パンツ. It is not the same パン as bread. Just sayin...

Bospeedodude
United States of America

Post by Bospeedodude » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:35 am

In the summer of 1987 or 1988 when I was 13 or 14, my family rented a house for a full season in Franconia, New Hampshire that backed up to a meandering river with a sandy bottom (unusual, since most rivers up there are rocky and unnavigable) called the Ham Branch. We had the house for the summer, but would go back and forth between there and our suburban Boston home off and on. One day I was wandering alone along the river and came across a swimming hole with a beach with a group of six or seven boys about my age or a year or two older, swimming and splashing in the river and jumping from a rope swing. They were visiting from Connecticut and New York, and three or four of them were in speedos (this was the 80s, when speedos were much more popular among the general population in the US, even in rural northern New England). I didn't bring a bathing suit, so I just wore my underwear (they were almost speedo like too, nylon briefs, but they didn't really handle water well), I remember being really jealous an d maybe a little turned on by the boys in the speedos. I remember one wore one that was black with red stitching, and red and white panels spliced at the narrowest point on each side. When I got back to my suburban home town, I walked to the local Marshall's and found several pairs of the red stitched speedo that one of the boys at the river was wearing mixed in with the young men's swimwear, so I grabbed what I thought would fit, and then made my way to the register (with the oldest old lady cashier, figuring she probably wouldn't know what the kids today liked) and bought it ($13!). The next weekend, we were back in NH, and I went back to the swimming hole, hoping the boys were there, but they weren't. It was empty, but I figured I would just enjoy myself, I very gingerly pulled off my shorts and was in only my speedos (I remember thinking "the freedom!") and jumped in the river, and then went up on the rope swing and swung off it and jumped in. When I was treading water in the river, I heard some people coming down the path towards the little beach, and I began to panic (I was tall, skinny, and a little goofy at that age, so I felt awkward all the time anyhow), so I hid in behind some branches along the river's edge (with the rest of my clothes along the bank of the river), only to be relieved when I saw it was a couple of of the guys from the week before, and with them were three late teenaged or college aged German guys who were staying at the nearby inn with their families, that they befriended while I was back in Massachusetts during the week, the German guys too were in speedos, of course. My friend who the week before had the same speedo I found at Marshall's complimented me on my new swim briefs (he was wearing a different one that day). After that, I went back to Marshall's the next time I was back in MA and bought a few more pairs, different style, and then spent every chance I could get with my new friends when I was up there (the Germans were there for over a month, so I they were part of our circle too), and even met up with some of them on Cape Cod the next summer. It wasn't really sexually charged (I mean, maybe a little, as everything is at that age, but that wasn't the primary reason, it's hard to explain), but I hung with them mainly because I loved the freedom of being in a speedo, and being relaxed and comfortable around these guys when I was. Thinking back, I'm pretty sure the guys from CT/NY were gay, but no one ever mentioned it. I have lost touch with them over the years, but I would love to see what they have been up to lately...

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:06 pm

SpeedoFetish wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:32 am
SammyKyoupan wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:56 am
But the Japanese literally means "competition pants," because the パン in 競パン is a shortened form of パンツ. It is not the same パン as bread. Just sayin...
Yes, that's true that 競パン contracts the word for pants, but that wasn't really my point.

My point was that Japanese words used to describe competition swimwear (as a fetish item) are "slang" which do not translate well, and are often meaningless in translated form.

For instance, in Japan, the most common descriptive slang term for competition swimwear (as a fetish item) is "競パン (competition bread). If you google the slang term with kanji characters "競パン" you will see ONLY fetish related swimsuits.. However, if you google the English term "competition bread", you will see nothing but baked bread :P

Take another common term in Japan for fetish-related swimsuits, "キョウパン" which when translated is "Kyoupan" (or kyopan). It is simply a blended japanese slang term combining kyousou (race) with pantsu (pants). The slang term "kyoupan" occurs more commonly outside of Japan so if you do a Google search of the English "Kyoupan" you will get almost as many hits as the Japanese kanji form "キョウパン"

Other Japanese slang terms for fetish-related swimwear like "ポロパン" (in English, Poropan, which means water polo suit) or ブーメラン (in English, Boomerang) are less commonly used outside of Japan so if you Google the English terms you will see nothing about swimsuits but if you google the Japanese kanji form, you will see plenty!

My point is simply that in order to appreciate the Japanese passion for these swimsuits type, you really should use the proper slang Japanese terms when speaking of them, or the Japanese kanji characters for the term when searching Google.

Doing so opens open a secret world of this fetish to Westerners you would never appreciate otherwise!