G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

What was your first experience with a speedo?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:33 am

My very first experience with a speedo was when I was in my early teens still going through puberty. I had grown up during the 80's and was very accustomed to wearing short nylon blend shorts with nylon liners. They were the norm back then. I remember the feeling of those nylon liners and how I wished I could wear something like that just to swim in.

It was one day when I went into a department store with my mother and brother and I went off on my own to poke around while she shopped. I found a rack of men's swimwear that was all men's briefs. I could barely contain myself when I saw them. I was so nervous just looking at them. It was then I decided I needed to have one, but how? I couldn't ask my mother to buy me one because it would be embarrassing. So I pretended to drop it on the floor and while I was down on the floor, I shoved the suit down my pants. My heart was racing as I went back to find my mother. We went through the checkout line and I escaped with my first speedo.

I was so excited to try it one. It was black with 3 colored stripes on the side and a swoosh type pattern that swooped down to the crotch area. I wore it to bed that night and had it for some time afterwards. I eventually threw it out because I felt guilty about owning a speedo, but that guilt still remains a fond memory and one that I do not regret.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

muscleworship5

Re: What was your first experience with a speedo?

Post by muscleworship5 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:01 am

shadowmn wrote:My very first experience with a speedo was when I was in my early teens still going through puberty. I had grown up during the 80's and was very accustomed to wearing short nylon blend shorts with nylon liners. They were the norm back then. I remember the feeling of those nylon liners and how I wished I could wear something like that just to swim in.

It was one day when I went into a department store with my mother and brother and I went off on my own to poke around while she shopped. I found a rack of men's swimwear that was all men's briefs. I could barely contain myself when I saw them. I was so nervous just looking at them. It was then I decided I needed to have one, but how? I couldn't ask my mother to buy me one because it would be embarrassing. So I pretended to drop it on the floor and while I was down on the floor, I shoved the suit down my pants. My heart was racing as I went back to find my mother. We went through the checkout line and I escaped with my first speedo.

I was so excited to try it one. It was black with 3 colored stripes on the side and a swoosh type pattern that swooped down to the crotch area. I wore it to bed that night and had it for some time afterwards. I eventually threw it out because I felt guilty about owning a speedo, but that guilt still remains a fond memory and one that I do not regret.
memories great story

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:24 am

I don't recall the first time as they were my only swimming costume until I was a teenager and we went to Hawaii. Mum bought me some Hawaiian surf shorts (very short shorts) but after a day I went back to my regular cozzies. And have done so since.

yamamay
United States of America

Post by yamamay » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:29 am

I started with sungas cause I thought they looked good on men due to the cut and that it would be easier to get acceptance for them versus speedos which can be seen as silly on men by Americans. I imported one from Australia or Brazil or something and wore that first.

The first speedo I ever bought was in Italy. It was the brand after which this account is named. I assumed from stories I'd heard that Europe was less prudish about the body than in the US, and I thought that meant men didn't have to wear board shorts on the beach. Turns out a lot of them do anyway, but whatever. I went into a shop in Rome and found a square cut and a brief, tried them on in the store, and bought them both. Then I went out to an Italian beach and wore the white briefs I had acquired.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:33 pm

My first experience with a speedo was swimming lesson at primary school. I was about 9/10 yrs old at the time. My mom had bought me a black generic speedo. No brand marking on it. I remember looking at the other boys in my class in the changing room all getting undressed and putting on there swim trunks. Everyone was wearing a speedo style swim suit. This would be 1980 / 1981. I always remember how different everyone looked in their trunks. I loved all the different patterns, styles, colours and how everyone wore them slightly different. After I went to high school and made friends we used to go swimming at weekends and sometimes on a Friday night after school. It was the same thing I noticed everyone was wearing speedo style trunks. They were all different, everyone looked amazing. I was still wearing a Speedo brand Nylon Swim Brief. It felt silky smooth. Couldn’t help but to rub my bulge with my finger tip. I always remember how it felt and how excited I used to get to go swimming in it. When I reached the age of 13/14yrs old I stopped going swimming for some strange reason. I think it was to do with the first video games machine like the Atari or Spectrum ZX81. Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy bring back fond memories.

At the age of about 18/19yrs old me and a couple of friends decided to go swimming with some of my one friends family. I had to go and buy some new swimwear. So we went to a sports shop in a town near me and I bought a speedo swim brief (which I still have) and a pair of Nike Shorts (Short shorts), as the evening approached for us to go swimming which was either a Tuesday or Wednesday night I used to get excited to go. The feeling of pulling on my speedo was amazing. Everyone in the pool was wearing one. I had shorts on over mine. I was rather shy and reserved, even now I am still the same. We did this for about a year. I can’t remember why we stopped going. After that the speedo sat in a draw for about 23yrs.

About 6 or 7 years ago I came across the speedo in my underwear drawer. I tried it on and all those feelings of excitement, joy and the memories of going swimming in it came flooding back. Memories from Primary School, High School, Swimming with friends in school swimming lessons, 6 weeks holidays, after school and then with friends when I was 19yrs old. These all came flooding back. I remembered how much joy they had give me.
So I decided to go on eBay and started by buying not just 1 or 2 pairs but very quickly got up to around 160 pairs. I look at these and thought I wasn’t going to wear them all, plus storing them was a bit of a pain so decided to sell about 100 pairs. That was about 4 years ago and I went down to just over 60 pairs.

The feeling of the different types of materials against my body makes my cock hard and excited. I now wear them some times under my trouser for work, under my shorts if and when I go to the gym, under my swim shorts if I get time to have a swim or go on holiday. I even wear a pair in the bath / shower, lounge in a pair, sunbathe occasionally, and sleep in a pair.

One thing I haven’t done yet is had sex while wearing a pair, I think that would be the most exciting thing to do in a pair.

One of my bucket list things is to drive to go on holiday in a pair.

Over the last 2-3 years I have still been buying Speedos. Funky Trunks, Arena, TYR, Speedo, Budgy Smuggler, Nike, Aussiebum, and Adidas.
I have even sent Adidas Trunks to friends in the USA and Canada. They have told me that Adidas can be hard to find there.

Even now with my battle with bad depression my Speedos still give me comfort and happy memories of days gone by.

Sorry this is so long. Didn’t realise I had made it this long. Sorry!
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

muscleworship5

Post by muscleworship5 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:39 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:My first experience with a speedo was swimming lesson at primary school. I was about 9/10 yrs old at the time. My mom had bought me a black generic speedo. No brand marking on it. I remember looking at the other boys in my class in the changing room all getting undressed and putting on there swim trunks. Everyone was wearing a speedo style swim suit. This would be 1980 / 1981. I always remember how different everyone looked in their trunks. I loved all the different patterns, styles, colours and how everyone wore them slightly different. After I went to high school and made friends we used to go swimming at weekends and sometimes on a Friday night after school. It was the same thing I noticed everyone was wearing speedo style trunks. They were all different, everyone looked amazing. I was still wearing a Speedo brand Nylon Swim Brief. It felt silky smooth. Couldn’t help but to rub my bulge with my finger tip. I always remember how it felt and how excited I used to get to go swimming in it. When I reached the age of 13/14yrs old I stopped going swimming for some strange reason. I think it was to do with the first video games machine like the Atari or Spectrum ZX81. Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy bring back fond memories.

At the age of about 18/19yrs old me and a couple of friends decided to go swimming with some of my one friends family. I had to go and buy some new swimwear. So we went to a sports shop in a town near me and I bought a speedo swim brief (which I still have) and a pair of Nike Shorts (Short shorts), as the evening approached for us to go swimming which was either a Tuesday or Wednesday night I used to get excited to go. The feeling of pulling on my speedo was amazing. Everyone in the pool was wearing one. I had shorts on over mine. I was rather shy and reserved, even now I am still the same. We did this for about a year. I can’t remember why we stopped going. After that the speedo sat in a draw for about 23yrs.

About 6 or 7 years ago I came across the speedo in my underwear drawer. I tried it on and all those feelings of excitement, joy and the memories of going swimming in it came flooding back. Memories from Primary School, High School, Swimming with friends in school swimming lessons, 6 weeks holidays, after school and then with friends when I was 19yrs old. These all came flooding back. I remembered how much joy they had give me.
So I decided to go on eBay and started by buying not just 1 or 2 pairs but very quickly got up to around 160 pairs. I look at these and thought I wasn’t going to wear them all, plus storing them was a bit of a pain so decided to sell about 100 pairs. That was about 4 years ago and I went down to just over 60 pairs.

The feeling of the different types of materials against my body makes my cock hard and excited. I now wear them some times under my trouser for work, under my shorts if and when I go to the gym, under my swim shorts if I get time to have a swim or go on holiday. I even wear a pair in the bath / shower, lounge in a pair, sunbathe occasionally, and sleep in a pair.

One thing I haven’t done yet is had sex while wearing a pair, I think that would be the most exciting thing to do in a pair.

Over the last 2-3 years I have still been buying Speedos. Funky Trunks, Arena, TYR, Speedo, Budgy Smuggler, Nike, Aussiebum, and Adidas.
I have even sent Adidas Trunks to friends in the USA and Canada. They have told me that Adidas can be hard to find there.

Even now with my battle with bad depression my Speedos still give me comfort and happy memories of days gone by.

I love your story

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:23 pm

Reaching back to 1971, age 17. I was fortunate to be able to attend the Boy Scout World Jamboree in Japan that summer. We showered outdoors, sheltered from view by canvas walls around the raised wood slat platforms. During the week-long event a typhoon came through, we were all evacuated to various towns nearby, and after a couple of days returned to the Jamboree site. The shower tents had been blown away but the plumbing was still working. No big deal as we boys were used to showering together anyway. I found a Japanese swim brief on the ground by the showers, and since there was no way to find out who might have lost it I picked it up and took it home with me.

I wasn't yet comfortable wearing a swim brief (normal swimwear for boys at that time more closely resembled what we now call a square cut), so it became a bit of a fetish garment. I cut out the liner and wore it at home when no one else was around. It was a size or two too small, but I liked the tight fit.

A couple of years later after I'd gone off to college I bought my first Speedo-type suit and began wearing it routinely. I haven't worn anything else for swimming since then. Skinny dipping is still best, but not always possible.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:23 pm

muscleworship5 wrote:
Speedoaddict wrote:My first experience with a speedo was swimming lesson at primary school. I was about 9/10 yrs old at the time. My mom had bought me a black generic speedo. No brand marking on it. I remember looking at the other boys in my class in the changing room all getting undressed and putting on there swim trunks. Everyone was wearing a speedo style swim suit. This would be 1980 / 1981. I always remember how different everyone looked in their trunks. I loved all the different patterns, styles, colours and how everyone wore them slightly different. After I went to high school and made friends we used to go swimming at weekends and sometimes on a Friday night after school. It was the same thing I noticed everyone was wearing speedo style trunks. They were all different, everyone looked amazing. I was still wearing a Speedo brand Nylon Swim Brief. It felt silky smooth. Couldn’t help but to rub my bulge with my finger tip. I always remember how it felt and how excited I used to get to go swimming in it. When I reached the age of 13/14yrs old I stopped going swimming for some strange reason. I think it was to do with the first video games machine like the Atari or Spectrum ZX81. Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy bring back fond memories.

I love your story
Thank you. Mean a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tanodle5
United States of America

Post by tanodle5 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:50 pm

My parents used to find all sorts of things to keep me busy during the summer (you aren't going to sit around and watch TV all day, they used to say). One of the things they got me started in early was competitive swimming, and racing as part of a swim team became my first experience wearing speedos. I can remember wearing them up through the start of middle school for any kind of swimming. It was during those years that I began to realize how fun it was to wear them around while doing any thing- sleeping, gardening, playing on a hot day. As I entered high school my self consciousness and desire to fit in forced me to ditch the speedos (although I still always wore a pair under my board shorts, and often still enjoyed them in the privacy of my own room). I continued this sort of private enjoyment throughout college and early adult hood until I began to get back into fitness. I tepidly started showing up (in the very early hours of the morning) to swim laps at the local pool in my speedo. Eventually I ordered more risque and interesting suits (speedo solars, a few aussiebums), and now that I have my own apartment I can wear them around the house at my leisure. With the right group of people I can wear speedos when swimming for fun; but I'm not quite ready to throw my board shorts in the trash for good. Hopefully soon!

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:29 pm

I went thru school in the 80s in a very rural area, sadly didn’t have a pool.

I bought my first pair in my mid 30s, after loosing 30lbs. I treated myself to a Florida winter beach vacation and wore them in public for the first time.

Never looked back.. now up to about 70 pairs!

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:48 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:33 pm
My first experience with a speedo was swimming lesson at primary school. I was about 9/10 yrs old at the time. My mom had bought me a black generic speedo. No brand marking on it. I remember looking at the other boys in my class in the changing room all getting undressed and putting on there swim trunks. Everyone was wearing a speedo style swim suit. This would be 1980 / 1981. I always remember how different everyone looked in their trunks. I loved all the different patterns, styles, colours and how everyone wore them slightly different. After I went to high school and made friends we used to go swimming at weekends and sometimes on a Friday night after school. It was the same thing I noticed everyone was wearing speedo style trunks. They were all different, everyone looked amazing. I was still wearing a Speedo brand Nylon Swim Brief. It felt silky smooth. Couldn’t help but to rub my bulge with my finger tip. I always remember how it felt and how excited I used to get to go swimming in it. When I reached the age of 13/14yrs old I stopped going swimming for some strange reason. I think it was to do with the first video games machine like the Atari or Spectrum ZX81. Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy bring back fond memories.

My experience is very much the same my friend, I always remember looking at guys in speedos underwater and thinking, well you can imagine. Always start off in speedos when having fun (if you know what I mean)Depression and mental health welfare is something we should all open up about, it is no different to physical health in my opinion.

aznspeedoboy
United States of America

Post by aznspeedoboy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:54 pm

I remember watching swimmers/divers wear speedos on TV (think Olympics) when I was younger, with the most memorable one a Disney channel movie about a swimmer who was actually a merman (he wore speedos). I loved how they fit the male body and sought out to wear them as soon as I made money/got older (I was a pre-teen at this time).

Around college, I went to a local sports store and mustered enough courage to go and buy a speedo. I tried on a jammer and two speedos (black, navy), all by the Speedo brand. I loved how they all fit--eventually settled on buying the classic navy speedo. I actually don't have that suit anymore because I lost it while moving apartments, but it's still a fond memory as I remember how nervous and much of a rush it was to wear my first speedo in that fitting room.
20-something year old asian boy who loves speedos. 8)

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:45 am

I don’t have a story that’s worth telling here, but I will anyway. I don’t ever remember not having speedos to swim in, that’s just what I always have had. The earliest memory that I have of them is having swimming lessons in prep school in them. I remember wearing them because of when we were all getting changed together It was outside behind a tree, not inside. Well, that pool actually doesn’t have a change room. Also how cold that particular pool always was, even on a hot day. We had to jump into the pool, try to catch the instructors hoop but she would always pull it away, but if we ever did catch it she would get shitty.

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:50 am

I got my first speedo when I was 16. I was on a family holiday in Thailand, and went shopping by myself at a mall in Bangkok one day. I found myself in a mens store with a whole wall of Speedo swimsuits! I had been an admirer of Speedos for a while, and didn't hesitate to pick a pair off the wall and buy them. It was a peach colour, very low sides - like 1.5" maybe - maybe a little slutty for an innocent teenager. I remember the staff not really caring that a 16 year old white boy was buying a speedo, and it gave me hope that there were more Speedos in my future. I swam in high school, but it was a small town and I would have been slayed for even thinking of wearing a speedo to train. I'd only seen them on TV and the internet.

I had my own hotel room, which had a secluded balcony away from my parents, so I went back to the room and put them on... pretty sure I got a boner and probably jerked off in the mirror or something, I don't recall... I sat out in the sun on the balcony in nothing but my new speedos every chance I got, I had the most insane speedo tan lines by the end of the trip!

One day towards the end of the trip, we had a boat tour to some of the islands booked, and my parents decided not to go... I went anyway, and wore the speedo under my swim shorts. There was only one couple on the boat with me and the captain, very friendly Germans in their 40s. Once the boat got going they took off their clothes to just their swimsuits: she had a bikini on, and he had on a royal blue Speedo! They were so confident and comfortable nearly naked that I followed suit and stripped down to my new swim briefs. The three of us hung out on the back of the boat in the sun like a little speedo family all day... stopping at beaches, swimming, snorkelling, eating lunch... all in nothing but my peach coloured Speedos! It was heaven!

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:59 am

speedostud wrote:I got my first speedo when I was 16. I was on a family holiday in Thailand, and went shopping by myself at a mall in Bangkok one day. I found myself in a mens store with a whole wall of Speedo swimsuits! I had been an admirer of Speedos for a while, and didn't hesitate to pick a pair off the wall and buy them. It was a peach colour, very low sides - like 1.5" maybe - maybe a little slutty for an innocent teenager. I remember the staff not really caring that a 16 year old white boy was buying a speedo, and it gave me hope that there were more Speedos in my future. I swam in high school, but it was a small town and I would have been slayed for even thinking of wearing a speedo to train. I'd only seen them on TV and the internet.

I had my own hotel room, which had a secluded balcony away from my parents, so I went back to the room and put them on... pretty sure I got a boner and probably jerked off in the mirror or something, I don't recall... I sat out in the sun on the balcony in nothing but my new speedos every chance I got, I had the most insane speedo tan lines by the end of the trip!

One day towards the end of the trip, we had a boat tour to some of the islands booked, and my parents decided not to go... I went anyway, and wore the speedo under my swim shorts. There was only one couple on the boat with me and the captain, very friendly Germans in their 40s. Once the boat got going they took off their clothes to just their swimsuits: she had a bikini on, and he had on a royal blue Speedo! They were so confident and comfortable nearly naked that I followed suit and stripped down to my new swim briefs. The three of us hung out on the back of the boat in the sun like a little speedo family all day... stopping at beaches, swimming, snorkelling, eating lunch... all in nothing but my peach coloured Speedos! It was heaven!
Wow, great story. I would have loved something like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ReservedEnthusiast
Italy

Post by ReservedEnthusiast » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:10 pm

speedostud wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:50 am
I got my first speedo when I was 16. I was on a family holiday in Thailand, and went shopping by myself at a mall in Bangkok one day. I found myself in a mens store with a whole wall of Speedo swimsuits! I had been an admirer of Speedos for a while, and didn't hesitate to pick a pair off the wall and buy them. It was a peach colour, very low sides - like 1.5" maybe - maybe a little slutty for an innocent teenager. I remember the staff not really caring that a 16 year old white boy was buying a speedo, and it gave me hope that there were more Speedos in my future. I swam in high school, but it was a small town and I would have been slayed for even thinking of wearing a speedo to train. I'd only seen them on TV and the internet.

I am so jealous of every aspect of that story!

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:02 am

All of these stories are pure gold! One of the things I love the most from this forum is when someone brings up this topic and everyone shares their stories. We all can relate so much to everyone else's experiences and emotions when they got their first speedo or first indulged in their secret interest in speedos. I have told my story several times on these similar topics over the years, and will retell it again here soon.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:11 am

Speedomartin wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:48 pm
Wearing a speedo while engaged in sexual activity is amazing as long as your partner (women in my case) is fine with it. I imagine that the feeling would be the same or even greater if wearing a thong, or even a G string, which I want to experience so much in my own life. Maybe someday. I'm glad that your love of speedos provides some relief from your bouts with depression. Please take care of yourself.
Speedoaddict wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:33 pm
My experience is very much the same my friend, I always remember looking at guys in speedos underwater and thinking, well you can imagine. Always start off in speedos when having fun (if you know what I mean)Depression and mental health welfare is something we should all open up about, it is no different to physical health in my opinion.
Here here!

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:15 am

speedostud wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:50 am

This story is simply amazing, and yes, I too am extremely envious! My first speedo purchase had to wait until I was in my extremely late 20s. God how I would have loved to have been a speedo wearer in my teens or even in childhood. I already knew for sure I had a thing for them back that early.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:31 am

My first speedo --it's kind of a blurr now--a Speedo® brand, nylon (no Lycra then), royal blue and with white splices. I'd wanted one from my mid-teens.
Last edited by Thom on Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Long time Speedo® lover