G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Countries that Wear Speedos Most

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoStocky1

Countries that Wear Speedos Most

Post by SpeedoStocky1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:31 am

What are the countries that would wear speedos the most?
I've been watching a lot of beach walks on youtube dreaming of going abroad and one that really caught my eye was Romania. They seem to have a large number of speedo wearers on their beaches. This is the video for those interested. https://youtu.be/xPczWs8wPcc?t=79

diveguy
United States of America

Re: Countries that Wear Speedos Most

Post by diveguy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:50 am

Thank you for posting this! I love beach walk videos, for the same reasons, I want to see hot looking girls in bikinis and if there are any guys in speedos. Just from casually watching videos like this over the years, it seems that Russia and the former soviet block countries now are those where you see more speedos. Also all over Asia. I don't see many anymore in the vids I've seen from Australia, Italy, France, Greece, etc., and those used to have huge speedo wearing. But even here and anywhere else, the disturbing trend I notice is that only about 5% or less of the males overall are wearing speedos, and of those, the vast majority are older holdouts from an earlier generation when almost everyone was wearing speedos. Very very few younger males are wearing speedos. Yes there are a couple here and there, but not enough to perpetuate the culture, and that is very sad. Hopefully speedo wearing will come back in vogue in the years to come.

On the positive side, anyone that wants to wear a speedo in places like this as well as anywhere else in Europe and Asia still can, and not be second glanced by anyone else, and not be belittled or scorned like they would on most beaches in the USA. That's real freedom!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:49 am

SpeedoStocky1 looks good on the video there should be law that states all guys must wear speedos!!!! When it's safe I want to re start swimming again, bet there will be only me in speedo!! Hope you have a good holiday wherever you go.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:51 pm

Australia, Brazil, Germany, France, Italy, Spain.
Those are the ones I've spent time that are pretty visible in daily beach/pool life.
I think Nordic countries are similar, but never been.

zaps
United States of America

Post by zaps » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:12 am

diveguy wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:50 am
I don't see many anymore in the vids I've seen from Australia, Italy, France, Greece, etc., and those used to have huge speedo wearing
I vacationed in Australia and New Zealand a couple years back and was disappointed when I was at Bondi in particular that I didn't see any speedos while I was there.

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:03 pm

[/quote]

I vacationed in Australia and New Zealand a couple years back and was disappointed when I was at Bondi in particular that I didn't see any speedos while I was there.
[/quote]

The north end of Bondi is known as the 'gay' beach - definitely loads of speedos around there. If you went to a pool, the men would 95% be wearing speedos for sure, but less so at the beach. Also, a few nude beaches that are pretty hot and full of speedos.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:38 pm

speedostud wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:03 pm
If you went to a pool, the men would 95% be wearing speedos for sure, but less so at the beach.
This is a pretty fair call. Swimmers tend to wear speedos more, surfers and people chilling tend to wear boardies more. Speedos are common enough though. I always wear speedos, just because its what I do, and I've never felt out of place at the pool, at the beach or the beach front shops, but I do at least put on a towel if I sit down in an alfresco and I put on a top if I go inside.

zaps
United States of America

Post by zaps » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:32 am

speedostud wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:03 pm
The north end of Bondi is known as the 'gay' beach - definitely loads of speedos around there. If you went to a pool, the men would 95% be wearing speedos for sure, but less so at the beach. Also, a few nude beaches that are pretty hot and full of speedos.
I guess I just missed it then. I was there in December and the day that we were at Bondi wasn't particularly hot, so that probably also limited who was out. Unfortunately I wasn't there long as we were only in Sydney about 3 days, and Bondi itself was just a couple hours.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:00 pm

speedostud wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:51 pm
Australia, Brazil, Germany, France, Italy, Spain.
Those are the ones I've spent time that are pretty visible in daily beach/pool life.
I think Nordic countries are similar, but never been.
I visited Sweden and Finland when I was younger and that was the case for sure. But I haven't been there recently. Relatives my age sure sure wore them, and they had speedo-fit bodies to go with them.
Long time Speedo® lover

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:47 am

[/quote]

I guess I just missed it then. I was there in December and the day that we were at Bondi wasn't particularly hot, so that probably also limited who was out. Unfortunately I wasn't there long as we were only in Sydney about 3 days, and Bondi itself was just a couple hours.
[/quote]

Next time you go, make a trip to Obelisk Beach - it's a gay / nude beach, but lots of speedos... nice small beach, great for checking everyone out - and lots of bush walks around if you're up for a bit of fun!

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:58 am

speedostud wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:47 am

Next time you go, make a trip to Obelisk Beach - it's a gay / nude beach, but lots of speedos... nice small beach, great for checking everyone out - and lots of bush walks around if you're up for a bit of fun!
I have no problem at all with gay beaches, and I am forever indebted to the gay community for providing an active demand for speedos which keeps the manufacturers eager to keep making them. I am just supremely disappointed that more men of all persuasions aren't wearing speedos on all the other beaches, especially the ones where speedo wearing used to be the norm.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:00 pm

zaps wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:12 am
diveguy wrote:
I don't see many anymore in the vids I've seen from Australia, Italy, France, Greece, etc., and those used to have huge speedo wearing
try obelisk... its a nude beach but heaps of guys in speedos. if not all the city pools are full of pro swimmers! :)

devildog
Netherlands

Post by devildog » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:03 pm

I remember doing a thread about clothing optional beaches in Australia viewtopic.php?f=4&t=140717
be comfortable

Rhode Island speedo
United States of America

Post by Rhode Island speedo » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:16 am

diveguy wrote:
Thank you for posting this! I love beach walk videos, for the same reasons, I want to see hot looking girls in bikinis and if there are any guys in speedos. Just from casually watching videos like this over the years, it seems that Russia and the former soviet block countries now are those where you see more speedos. Also all over Asia. I don't see many anymore in the vids I've seen from Australia, Italy, France, Greece, etc., and those used to have huge speedo wearing. But even here and anywhere else, the disturbing trend I notice is that only about 5% or less of the males overall are wearing speedos, and of those, the vast majority are older holdouts from an earlier generation when almost everyone was wearing speedos. Very very few younger males are wearing speedos. Yes there are a couple here and there, but not enough to perpetuate the culture, and that is very sad. Hopefully speedo wearing will come back in vogue in the years to come.

On the positive side, anyone that wants to wear a speedo in places like this as well as anywhere else in Europe and Asia still can, and not be second glanced by anyone else, and not be belittled or scorned like they would on most beaches in the USA. That's real freedom!
I go to the beach all the time in the USA, ( Rhode Island) in my speedo and i never been belittle or scorned , i think that is just a myth

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:35 am

diveguy wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:58 am
I am just supremely disappointed that more men of all persuasions aren't wearing speedos on all the other beaches, especially the ones where speedo wearing used to be the norm.
Exactly this. The primary reason that my wife is uncomfortable with the thought of me in speedos at the beach is she thinks she'd be stared/laughed at or ridiculed because NO ONE wears speedos in our neck of the woods.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:59 pm

Wearing a speedo on my hols would be a dream come true, but I tend to wear a pair of shorts over the top. Just for the same reason 52dno88 described about his wife concerns. I have had enough of this type of crap throughout my life as it is so I tend to try and melt into the background.
But I do agree we shouldn’t have to be ashamed of wearing one. From reading everyone’s experiences on here they are not all bad ones which is great to hear.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:00 pm

Speedomartin wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:49 am
SpeedoStocky1 looks good on the video there should be law that states all guys must wear speedos!!!! When it's safe I want to re start swimming again, bet there will be only me in speedo!! Hope you have a good holiday wherever you go.

Speedomartin I hope you wear a speedo at your swimming pool when you eventually get back in the water. Keep us updated when you do and how you get on. 👍🏻👍🏻
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:41 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:
Speedomartin wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:49 am

Speedomartin I hope you wear a speedo at your swimming pool when you eventually get back in the water. Keep us updated when you do and how you get on.
Don't think I will ever feel comfortable wearing a true speedo at the pool. So don't hold your breath. Maybe it's time I retired from posting stuff anyway. Thanks Speedoaddict