G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo mocking

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

phltanner
Bermuda

Re: Speedo mocking

Post by phltanner » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:17 am

ToTheMax wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:34 pm
I wore swim briefs for the first time this summer every time I went to the beach. Dark solid briefs so nothing crazy. The only comment I got to my face (besides from my wife who is still getting used to them) was from a young kid asking if I was wearing underwear. I said it was a swimsuit and got nothing further. Sometimes I’d hear laughter from groups or catch looks, but nothing I wasn’t expecting and who knows if the laughter was about something else entirely anyways. Trying hard to not care, be confident, act normal…my speedo mantra.
Go for it!! I wear this royal blue Aussiebum to the Spring Lake NJ beach whenever I go -- thinking about red next time!!
Attachments
Tanline '22.png
AB WJ Royal Blue
Tanline '22.png (617.72 KiB) Viewed 5897 times

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:54 pm

I have had mothers at my local pool tell me to cover up if I’m going to basically be naked in pub;ic. lol. I just laugh and tell them they’re getting their kids onto the wrong sport. After living overseas so long, I find Canada extremely prudish.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:52 am

speedostud wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:54 pm
I have had mothers at my local pool tell me to cover up if I’m going to basically be naked in pub;ic. lol. I just laugh and tell them they’re getting their kids onto the wrong sport. After living overseas so long, I find Canada extremely prudish.
In Aus, the kids would be getting swimming lessons because the mums are all good with the spectating! :lol:

I went swimming with a guy at work, when I came out of the changeroom he checked me right out (no, he's as straight as an arrow). At the end of the swim, when we were in the change rooms, he pulls out a set of speedos and said he should have worn these. :lol: Apparently he didn't feel he could until he became a dad, which he now is.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:33 am

speedostud wrote:
Things have changed. When I was young, in Massachusetts, you could spot the Canadians on the ocean beaches, because they often wore speedos. That said, when I moved to Florida, twenty years ago, I read an article in a local newspaper for French-speaking Canadians that observed that boys no longer wanted to wear speedos like their fathers. There was a speedo shop near the beach in Fort Lauderdale run by a man from Canada. It's been closed for years now.
Last edited by Thom on Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:44 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:52 am
speedostud wrote:
In Aus, the kids would be getting swimming lessons because the mums are all good with the spectating! :lol:
LOL :lol:
Long time Speedo® lover

miataman
United States of America

Post by miataman » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:02 am

@philtanner - Spring Lake, NJ? That's my "sort of" hometown! I don't live there anymore but still get down a few times a summer. Who knows what speedo I'll wear there next summer, but I had a green one this past summer. No comments at all at Spring Lake Beach or Pool (yes I'm able to get my hands on a pool pass when I visit, my mother lives in Spring Lake so I can borrow her pass when I want.)

Of course no comments at all if I head up to Asbury Park, lots of speedos there!

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:08 am

miataman wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:02 am
@philtanner - Spring Lake, NJ? That's my "sort of" hometown! I don't live there anymore but still get down a few times a summer. Who knows what speedo I'll wear there next summer, but I had a green one this past summer. No comments at all at Spring Lake Beach or Pool (yes I'm able to get my hands on a pool pass when I visit, my mother lives in Spring Lake so I can borrow her pass when I want.)

Of course no comments at all if I head up to Asbury Park, lots of speedos there!
Good to hear all of that - Spring Lake is such a great place! We're usually at the foot of Loraine Ave.

miataman
United States of America

Post by miataman » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:43 pm

phltanner wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:08 am
miataman wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:02 am

Good to hear all of that - Spring Lake is such a great place! We're usually at the foot of Loraine Ave.
I'm usually at North End pavilion. Maybe we'll run into each other this summer :)

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:03 am

miataman wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:43 pm
phltanner wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:08 am

I'm usually at North End pavilion. Maybe we'll run into each other this summer :)
I'll be looking!

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:16 am

Thus far on my trip I've been to eight states and have swam my laps in ten pools. Only once was I the only swimmer in a Speedo. At that pool I was also the only swimmer.... it's weird having the pool to yourself. Also only once did I have to share a lane which seemed odd.
Anyway, there were no complaints, comments or criticism of my Turbo Monsters briefs.

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:18 am

swimmy wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:16 am
Thus far on my trip I've been to eight states and have swam my laps in ten pools. Only once was I the only swimmer in a Speedo. At that pool I was also the only swimmer.... it's weird having the pool to yourself. Also only once did I have to share a lane which seemed odd.
Anyway, there were no complaints, comments or criticism of my Turbo Monsters briefs.
Way to go!

Aberman
Great Britain

Post by Aberman » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:59 am

I’ve never had any issues wearing speedos or thongs . I’m sure there have been a few raised eyebrows and comments between couples but as long as you choose a non rowdy environment it’s fine . The most but interesting days I’ve didn’t are on a beach with no one around . I’d say the best days being when you just walk to the waters edge with merely a thong and even go for a jog away from your clothes . That’s a very liberating feeling .

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:30 am

I remember back in the early 2000's that I heard a negative comment regarding my speedo. I was on a beach in Florida and my now wife and I had just packed up our stuff to leave. Instead of putting my shorts back on over my speedo, I decided to just go as-is wearing my speedo so I could rinse off at the outdoor showers. As I was nearing the shower area, there was some low-life looking guy wearing workboots and jeans sitting by the bathrooms. I heard him say to whoever was with him, "Hey, get a load out of this guy." I ignored him and kept walking to the showers. I have to admit, that bothered me quite a bit. Today I have a much thicker skin when it comes to wearing a speedo in public so I don't let things like that bother me anymore.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:36 pm

In 2021 I mustered up courage shortly after my dad's death and wore a speedo to the beaches in the south of Portugal. I had my mom with me. I first wore swim shorts by AussieBum with a swim brief underneath. Than I removed them and used the excuse that I wanted a good tan. But for some weird reason, I'm still scared/hesitant to wear it in front of my friends or family.

Otobias
Portugal

Post by Otobias » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:36 am

In general you will not find many speedos here at the beaches unfortunately. But is also not an issue to use them. At all. It is just a question of confidence, as always.
I know what you mean about to be hesitant wearing them with the ones that are closer to you. Those are not always the persons that you are more open with (it may sound weird but sometimes is what it is).
I also dont wear them with some of my friends.

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:04 am

shadowmn wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:30 am
I remember back in the early 2000's that I heard a negative comment regarding my speedo. I was on a beach in Florida and my now wife and I had just packed up our stuff to leave. Instead of putting my shorts back on over my speedo, I decided to just go as-is wearing my speedo so I could rinse off at the outdoor showers. As I was nearing the shower area, there was some low-life looking guy wearing workboots and jeans sitting by the bathrooms. I heard him say to whoever was with him, "Hey, get a load out of this guy." I ignored him and kept walking to the showers. I have to admit, that bothered me quite a bit. Today I have a much thicker skin when it comes to wearing a speedo in public so I don't let things like that bother me anymore.
”Hey, get a load out of this guy... Jeans and work boots at the beach? That's crazy!”