G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Massachusetts Speedo-friendly Beach?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

underwearlover01
United States of America

Massachusetts Speedo-friendly Beach?

Post by underwearlover01 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:46 am

Hey Gents,

Anyone familiar with any speedo-friendly beaches in Mass? Asking for a friend....

Thom
United States of America

Re: Massachusetts Speedo-friendly Beach?

Post by Thom » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:35 pm

There's nude sunbathing on Gay Head Beach (I'm not making this up) on Martha's Vineyard, so you'd likely be okay wearing a speedo. You'd probably be fine in a speedo on the beaches near Provincetown, which is a gay mecca. There are probably lot's of local beaches where you would be okay on the coast in general. When I was young, I'd wear a speedo on Duxbury Beach, along with visiting Canadians, but they don't wear speedos much anymore. When I was in Harwichport, on the Cape, I wore a speedo at a town beach near there, maybe ten years ago. I'd guess some of the more isolated beaches on the outer Cape would be fine. There aren't that many people there. After Labor Day, the beaches have a lot fewer people. You'd find a stretch of sand all to yourself.
Long time Speedo® lover

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:56 am

I recommend Ogunquit Beach in Maine ist about an hour and half away from Boston. Its gay friendly on the north end of the beach. Its a huge sandy beach one of the best in Maine. I been there many time always wearing my speedos with no issue.

135 Beach St, Ogunquit, ME 03907

underwearlover01
United States of America

Post by underwearlover01 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:54 pm

Oceanrunner79 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:56 am
I recommend Ogunquit Beach in Maine ist about an hour and half away from Boston. Its gay friendly on the north end of the beach. Its a huge sandy beach one of the best in Maine. I been there many time always wearing my speedos with no issue.

135 Beach St, Ogunquit, ME 03907
Thanks for the recommendation - will check it out! Do you often see other guys rocking speedos? Would love to not be the only one!

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:19 am

I have every time I been to Ogunquit. The town in general is very gay friendly.

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:00 am

I've gone to Salisbury State Park Reservation and have worn my speedo there several times. I've also worn my speedo at Ogunquit and a few small beaches on Cape Cod. Once in a while I might see someone wearing one, but it's rare. I don't let that stop me though. If you don't want to be the only one, Ogunquit and Provincetown will definitely have the most speedos due to those places being a hot spot for gay men. Just be you and wear them to whatever beach you go to and make it speedo friendly.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

Ceolona
United States of America

Post by Ceolona » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:50 am

Just to echo what others have said... any gay hotspot (PTown, OGT, etc) won't be a problem. You could probably wear nothing but a sock on your dick and no one would care.

There really aren't any "nude" beaches, but sections of public beaches off to the side that the Rangers turn a blind eye to. (Search the internet for those) Other than a possible stink eye from the nudists, that would work too.

Regardless, if the suit is a simple full coverage brief with 3" sides or a sunga, you should be fine.

Speedo_arena
United States of America

Post by Speedo_arena » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:29 pm

Hey there, I'm in Cambridge MA. Provincetown aka Ptown has Herring Cove. You either hike through the dunes or park at Herring Cove and go left to reach Boy Beach. You will know you are there when you start seeing lots of speedos, naked guys and no more woman. It can get frisky in the dunes. I was there yesterday but solo. Crane Beach in Ipswich has a gay area. Once on the beach, turn right and walk way down. You'll also see guys in thongs. Singing Beach in Manchester by the sea is friendly due to lots of expats taking train up from Boston. Horseneck State Park is also good with warm water, go to right and way down is a gay area. M Street Beach in South Boston is where Kiki Beach happens. It is an unofficial gathering of gays on Saturday and some Sundays. There is an Instagram account. You will be surrounded by hot Southie Bros in a surprisingly friendly environment. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:19 pm

Speedo_arena wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:29 pm
Hey there, I'm in Cambridge MA. Provincetown aka Ptown has Herring Cove. You either hike through the dunes or park at Herring Cove and go left to reach Boy Beach. You will know you are there when you start seeing lots of speedos, naked guys and no more woman. It can get frisky in the dunes. I was there yesterday but solo. Crane Beach in Ipswich has a gay area. Once on the beach, turn right and walk way down. You'll also see guys in thongs. Singing Beach in Manchester by the sea is friendly due to lots of expats taking train up from Boston. Horseneck State Park is also good with warm water, go to right and way down is a gay area. M Street Beach in South Boston is where Kiki Beach happens. It is an unofficial gathering of gays on Saturday and some Sundays. There is an Instagram account. You will be surrounded by hot Southie Bros in a surprisingly friendly environment. Hope that helps
Wow. Good recommendations. Horseneck sounds interesting (the water really is warmer). The M Street Beach/Kiki Beach happening is a revelation. Who'd've guessed. I left Mass a number of years ago. Miss it.
Long time Speedo® lover

BriefExcursion20
United States of America

Post by BriefExcursion20 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:00 am

I've worn mine at both Singing Beach and Revere Beach a number of times this summer, and I haven't really had much issues there. I do remember occasionally seeing guys wear them along The Docks near Boston University, though admittedly, it's a pretty rare sight.

Bospeedodude
United States of America

Post by Bospeedodude » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:51 am

Not beaches, but the Provincetown Inn and Boatslip pools in Provincetown are speedo meccas. Also, in Boston, the rooftop pool at the Colonnade Hotel on Huntington Ave opposite the Prudential Center can be sometimes, but it can be hit or miss. There used to be the "Gay Beach" section of the Charles River Esplanade, between the westernmost lagoon and the river itself, but that has died down in recent years. Further out is Rock River in Vermont, and I have heard that there are several gay swimming holes along the Deerfield and Millers Rivers out in western Mass. There is a gay swimming hole along the Deerfield River in Cummington(yes, that is the town's real name), but I have yet to visit. I do miss the Randolph Country Club. Metro Boston needs a gay pool bar.
Last edited by Bospeedodude on Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:45 pm

I visited Provincetown with my parents when I was a kid, and it was the only place we were at im America where I saw a lot of guys wearing Speedo-like swimwear. It's a very gay friendly town where you can wear anything you want without getting disapproving looks.

They had a street parade one day when we were there and there was one man (presumably gay) who was dressed in a ballerina tutu and had a wand sprinkling "fairy dust" on people, and everybody loved it...so if he could do that, wearing a pair of Speedos on the beach should not be a problem :lol:

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:45 pm

I visited Provincetown with my parents when I was a kid, and it was the only place we were at im America where I saw a lot of guys wearing Speedo-like swimwear. It's a very gay friendly town where you can wear anything you want without getting disapproving looks.

They had a street parade one day when we were there and there was one man (presumably gay) who was dressed in a ballerina tutu and had a wand sprinkling "fairy dust" on people, and everybody loved it...so if he could do that, wearing a pair of Speedos on the beach should not be a problem :lol:

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:11 pm

SammyKyoupan wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:45 pm
Yes, very gay friendly. They had day cruises to P-town from where I lived south of Boston--don't know if they still run those from there. There are boats from Boston all summer long. A lot easier than driving. You don't need a car in Provincetown. I did rent a bicycle.

There was a shop there that sold brief suits. At that time, they were all from the U.S. or Europe. I bought the Spanish Meyba suit there. Pretty close to an Asian suit. No draw string, though, so not at all a comp suit. Very sensual, thin fabric.

I recall seeing two guys in their twenties, wearing nothing but speedos, walking down the main street holding hands. They had swimmers' builds like yours that were bronzed by the sun. They were so beautiful that people, gay or straight, stopped to look at them.
Long time Speedo® lover

Speedo_arena
United States of America

Post by Speedo_arena » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:28 am

Bospeedodude wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:51 am
Not beaches, but the Provincetown Inn and Boatslip pools in Provincetown are speedo meccas. Also, in Boston, the rooftop pool at the Colonnade Hotel on Huntington Ave opposite the Prudential Center can be sometimes, but it can be hit or miss. There used to be the "Gay Beach" section of the Charles River Esplanade, between the westernmost lagoon and the river itself, but that has died down in recent years. Further out is Rock River in Vermont, and I have heard that there are several gay swimming holes along the Deerfield and Millers Rivers out in western Mass. There is a gay swimming hole along the Deerfield River in Cummington(yes, that is the town's real name), but I have yet to visit. I do miss the Randolph Country Club. Metro Boston needs a gay pool bar.
Rock River isn't about speedos, it is a nude swimming area with a cruising area in the woods. Some guys start off in a speedo but lose it after a little while. You can do a day trip from Boston or stay in nearby areas. We've stayed in Brattleboro or camped at the gay campground, Mountainside