G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedos and iPhone

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Harsh1994
Peru

Speedos and iPhone

Post by Harsh1994 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:23 am

Hi guys, I have watching so many Instagram profiles with gay models and normal people wearing speedos and saw that most of those guys use iPhones as their everyday smartphones. The tendency seems to be stronger between young, muscled, hairless-chest guys and also between femenine boys. The few speedo wearers I found using Android-powered smartphones are mainly straight-normed men (not only masculine, but also a little homophobic and/or right-wing), or guys who are not so fit, or guys whom don't live in big cities.

Why would gay fit speedo wearers prefer iPhones over Android smartphones?

What do you prefer: Android phones, or iPhone? (I haven't had an iPhone ever, I still think they are so expensive, but maybe I would buy one next year)
Speedos are the best swimwear around. Period.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Re: Speedos and iPhone

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:37 am

Harsh1994 wrote:Hi guys, I have watching so many Instagram profiles with gay models and normal people wearing speedos and saw that most of those guys use iPhones as their everyday smartphones. The tendency seems to be stronger between young, muscled, hairless-chest guys and also between femenine boys. The few speedo wearers I found using Android-powered smartphones are mainly straight-normed men (not only masculine, but also a little homophobic and/or right-wing), or guys who are not so fit, or guys whom don't live in big cities.

What do you prefer: Android phones, or iPhone? (I haven't had an iPhone ever, I still think they are so expensive, but maybe I would buy one next year)
I really don’t think it has anything to do wether they are gay or not. I think it is simply that the iPhone is more popular with the younger users and as you go up in the age range then perhaps Android phones become more popular with the older person. Me I am 48 and use an iPhone. Had one son the iPhone 4. I change my phone every 3-4 years. I would never buy and android phone (think I might have started an argument). I just prefer iPhones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:19 pm

Don't want to get into gay/not discussion.
Android user here, but I am an old timer lol!
I tend to stay away from hype and image in any product as a principle, and I include Apple in that category!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:57 pm

I'm an android user like Scottiebum and an older guy. Never have or will get any apple product. The gay debate don't get me started....

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:58 pm

I'm an android user like Scottiebum and an older guy. Never have or will get any apple product. The gay debate don't get me started....

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:30 pm

I am young (48) and hip (is that still a thing or is it short for hip replacement).

Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:38 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:I am young (48) and hip (is that still a thing or is it short for hip replacement).

Speedoaddict: if 48 is still young and hip me and Scottiebum are still middle aged then ? don't know about you Scottiebum but I'm gunna take one..... me 61yo middle aged loving it oh I just wish it was true thanks for sharing Speedoaddict

PS Apologies for the 2 messages saying the same tap talk was playing up the last time I used it or it my crap IT skills

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:22 am

Both my Bro and I use Iphones, Mum and Dad use Android.

MISwimmer

Post by MISwimmer » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:04 am

Iphone-using, speedo-wearing, gay 50 year old here. My whole family (parents, sibling and family, and my kids (all straight)) are iPhone owners (and non-speedo wearers).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:45 am

Mid 50s and Android (huawei) for me.

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:56 pm

Interestingly Grindr launched on iPhone in 2009, two years before being available on Android.

Answering your question though, there are so many reasons why people might have one over the other.

Which country they come from being a large reason. In the US iPhone has nearly 50% of the market share.

Android in Europe has nearly 75% of the market share.

Android in Asia has nearly 85% of the market share.

Personally I think iPhone is for people who have other Apple products or see iPhone as a stylish accessory. Everyone else picks Android. (Which is better, offers a huge range of phone options, is open to more customisation, and doesn't lock you into the Apple/iTunes bubble.)

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:19 pm

swimsharkau wrote:Interestingly Grindr launched on iPhone in 2009, two years before being available on Android.

Answering your question though, there are so many reasons why people might have one over the other.

Which country they come from being a large reason. In the US iPhone has nearly 50% of the market share.

Android in Europe has nearly 75% of the market share.

Android in Asia has nearly 85% of the market share.

Personally I think iPhone is for people who have other Apple products or see iPhone as a stylish accessory. Everyone else picks Android. (Which is better, offers a huge range of phone options, is open to more customisation, and doesn't lock you into the Apple/iTunes bubble.)
Agree with your summary swimsharkau personally always had Samsung phones and very happy with my choice. As a matter of principle when deciding which phone to get years ago didn't agree that if you wanted an iPhone you had to sign up to a whole package of stuff..... don't like being told what to do

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:31 am

How about if you have an Android phone as your personal phone but have a work Iphone? Oh wait you wouldn't take speedo selfies on a work phone would you! Or perhaps you would...
Real men wear Speedo's

FloridaSpeedo
United States of America

Post by FloridaSpeedo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:14 pm

I use both Android and an iphone (work vs personal.) i.e. Grindr and Scruff on the personal Android.

I prefer Android as more customizable but it is a personal preference. Neither is better. From what I see, most older guys have Iphone which tends to be easier. Just my perspective.

speedorob86

Post by speedorob86 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:19 pm

canadian. 33, gay, iphone

i fall under the "young, muscled, hairless-chest guys" lol
valentino.jpg
valentino.jpg (22.66 KiB) Viewed 7579 times

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:02 pm

Harsh1994 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:23 am

What do you prefer: Android phones, or iPhone?
I'm not all that fit or young. Still, I bought an iPhone because it has a secure operating system. Apple makes sure the apps meet certain standards. It does take good pictures and videos, even my older 7. The iPhone can be a bit quirky at times, and they aren't cheap.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:21 pm

speedorob86 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:19 pm

Wow, Rob. Looking hot packing that speedo. Is it a Turbo?
Long time Speedo® lover

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:20 pm

Thom wrote:
speedorob86 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:19 pm

Wow, Rob. Looking hot packing that speedo. Is it a Turbo?
Agree Thom very hot picture Rob thanks for sharing

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:28 pm

Norfcountryboy wrote:How about if you have an Android phone as your personal phone but have a work Iphone? Oh wait you wouldn't take speedo selfies on a work phone would you! Or perhaps you would...
If it was your own company work iPhone then why not.... you could always take the speedo selfie on the work iPhone then send it too your personal mobile..... I remember "a friend " telling me that he did that once or twice.

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:32 am

speedorob86 wrote:canadian. 33, gay, iphone

valentino.jpg
Smoking hot speedo bod Rob... I’d call you any time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Str8 Speedo fan