G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

I feel incredibly over-dressed in board shorts

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

yamamay
United States of America

I feel incredibly over-dressed in board shorts

Post by yamamay » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:20 pm

I've been fortunate enough to wear speedos pretty much all summer - at our community pool, the river, and the beach. Well, tonight my wife wanted to go to the pool real quick so I threw on my short board shorts that I know she likes - haven't worn them all summer and they have pockets so I figured change of pace. But man, it was crazy how over-dressed I felt. When I got to the edge of the pool I had the urge to pull them down, but of course, I didn't have anything underneath! As they drug through the water I felt like I was wearing a three piece suit. Later, I went to put on shoes to go out to eat - again, that feeling of being bound up. I reverted to flip flops. One thing I like about summer is you get to wear less clothing. Hate putting it back on again.

violaboy
United States of America

Re: I feel incredibly over-dressed in board shorts

Post by violaboy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:01 pm

Totally understand. When I'm in a situation where I can't wear a speedo, I have my short shorts handy!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:15 am

I agree, I sometimes think I was born in the wrong country!

In a country that has 'mixed' weather I appreciate even more the chance to wear minimal clothes, whether that is speedos to the beach, sports shorts to the park or chino shorts to go out in the evening.

I love the days when I can just stick on a t shirt and shorts and not need to worry about taking a jacket or waterproof!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:37 am

I am the same. I hate the cold weather here in the UK. Dark nights, rain, and frost. At home I crank up the heating, put on a pair of split running shorts and chill in front of the TV. This year due to COVID pandemic I was limited to the back garden, but it didn’t stop me putting on my shortest shorts. Adidas Split swim shorts. I love them. Of course I had a speedo underneath. But due to low fences and nosey neighbours I kept the shorts on. I would love to live somewhere warm all year round. I would happily live in a speedo and shorts. It would be a dream come true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:15 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:37 am
I am the same. I hate the cold weather here in the UK. Dark nights, rain, and frost. At home I crank up the heating, put on a pair of split running shorts and chill in front of the TV. This year due to COVID pandemic I was limited to the back garden, but it didn’t stop me putting on my shortest shorts. Adidas Split swim shorts. I love them. Of course I had a speedo underneath. But due to low fences and nosey neighbours I kept the shorts on. I would love to live somewhere warm all year round. I would happily live in a speedo and shorts. It would be a dream come true.
I just bought some shorts from A&F at a good sale price. They are, in fact, short! (But not as short as when I was a teen.) Stretch fabric too. I have several pairs of board shorts from years past. I feel like I'm wallowing in those.

Move to the British V.I. It's beautiful there. Coming from New England, I miss the dark nights, rain, and frost. My mood always perked up when it was cloudy, grey, and dreary for three weeks at a time. Too much sun makes me lethargic. :lol:
Long time Speedo® lover

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:20 am

Thom wrote:
Speedoaddict wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:37 am
I just bought some shorts from A&F at a good sale price. They are, in fact, short! (But not as short as when I was a teen.) Stretch fabric too. I have several pairs of board shorts from years past. I feel like I'm wallowing in those.

Move to the British V.I. It's beautiful there. Coming from New England, I miss the dark nights, rain, and frost. My mood always perked up when it was cloudy, grey, and dreary for three weeks at a time. Too much sun makes me lethargic. :lol:
We have grey sky’s from end of August right through to March / April. Not good for my mood.

BeachFun
United States of America

Post by BeachFun » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:49 am

I don't know how some of you stand the cold dreary weather. It gets too cold for me where I live in the southeast U.S. Summer is my favorite time of year and fall and winter is coming soon. Have to close the pool down and go to the Aquatic Center. I could live in Speedo's or tights year round and be happy!

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:04 am

BeachFun wrote:I don't know how some of you stand the cold dreary weather. It gets too cold for me where I live in the southeast U.S. Summer is my favorite time of year and fall and winter is coming soon. Have to close the pool down and go to the Aquatic Center. I could live in Speedo's or tights year round and be happy!
It is always nice to hear from a man after my own heart. I know it is wishing our life away but roll on next summer.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:06 am

Scottiebum wrote:I agree, I sometimes think I was born in the wrong country!

In a country that has 'mixed' weather I appreciate even more the chance to wear minimal clothes, whether that is speedos to the beach, sports shorts to the park or chino shorts to go out in the evening.

I love the days when I can just stick on a t shirt and shorts and not need to worry about taking a jacket or waterproof!
But Scottiebum up your neck of the woods you have midges. Horrible flying vampires. But you certainly have the scenery for your speedo pics you post. You always look great. Not a pair of dork shorts in sight.

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:24 pm

Speedoaddict wrote:

But Scottiebum up your neck of the woods you have midges. Horrible flying vampires. But you certainly have the scenery for your speedo pics you post. You always look great. Not a pair of dork shorts in sight.

I really hate dark nights, this year will be it'll be even worse. Speedos on under joggers etc. BTW Speedoaddict the flying beasts are not really that bad!! Remember I lived in Scotland for 10 years.... Tip if you ever go to Scotland use Avon Superskin spray no flying beasts get you local folk told me that and it works. Back to the topic at least I can wear shorts and tight trunks at the gym and pool I joined just not the brief type ones I would really like to wear..... never seen a guy in the brief style ones and another thing they should ban baggy knee length swim shorts!!!!!!!! Let's start a campaign

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:14 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:06 am

They can be terrible on the West Coast, fortunately not a problem on East Coast where I go for my day trips.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:41 am

yamamay wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:20 pm
I've been fortunate enough to wear speedos pretty much all summer - at our community pool, the river, and the beach. Well, tonight my wife wanted to go to the pool real quick so I threw on my short board shorts that I know she likes - haven't worn them all summer and they have pockets so I figured change of pace. But man, it was crazy how over-dressed I felt. When I got to the edge of the pool I had the urge to pull them down, but of course, I didn't have anything underneath! As they drug through the water I felt like I was wearing a three piece suit. Later, I went to put on shoes to go out to eat - again, that feeling of being bound up. I reverted to flip flops. One thing I like about summer is you get to wear less clothing. Hate putting it back on again.
Totally relatable. Whenever I’m immersed in water while wearing boardshorts or even simple loose swim trunks, I’m constantly missing the comfort and freedom of a tight, brief speedo. Especially hate how the thighs are not free to feel direct contact with the water, and I despise how shorts fill up with air when you jump in feet first or even when entering and sitting in a jacuzzi. That balloon effect sucks so bad and that especially is when I wishing I'm in a speedo instead.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:39 am

I was at the outdoor family pool with my wife and son recently, and I was wearing Hawaiian board shorts. My wife wanted to see me swim a lap or two, so I did (including a flip turn, which I've recently gotten pretty good at) and afterwards I told her it was like swimming in a trash bag...

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:26 am

52dno98 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:39 am
I was at the outdoor family pool with my wife and son recently, and I was wearing Hawaiian board shorts. My wife wanted to see me swim a lap or two, so I did (including a flip turn, which I've recently gotten pretty good at) and afterwards I told her it was like swimming in a trash bag...
:lol: :lol: Well said. And kudos on the flip turns!!
Long time Speedo® lover