G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Question for the Dads Out There

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

52dno98
United States of America

Question for the Dads Out There

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:42 am

I know some of my fellow forum members have children. I'm curious if you wear speedos in front of your kids? If you do (or did in the past), is there an age at which they grew embarrassed by you in speedos and asked you not to wear them?

I have a young son who absolutely adores me and would probably not think any thing of it at this point in his life, but I imagine when he's older (and is embarrassed by everything his parents do) he will be horrified.

I think there are a couple of guys on here who have actually gotten your kids to wear speedos willingly, right? I think it would be hilarious to whip out speedos for the both of us on a beach trip and freak my wife out.

SpeedoQuest
United States of America

Re: Question for the Dads Out There

Post by SpeedoQuest » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:47 am

I wore Speedos around my kids all the time while they were growing up. Both a girl and a boy. It really was not until they grew up and out of college when I stopped as they would usually bring a boyfriend or girlfriend home with them and my wife did not find it appropriate for me to wear them around guests.

rmf

Post by rmf » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:47 pm

I think I have talked about before but my kids have gotten older now so here is where we are at....

First off, we are a swimming family. I swim Masters during the warmer months and my wife also swims for workouts and has done a few Tri's. My kids have always been around pools and really enjoy swimming.

My daughter is now becoming a teen and she is on swim teams. It's probably her favorite sport activity so she does it year around. I think she is use to seeing men in swim briefs mainly because the clubs around my area have banned technical suits from competition so now 90% of the older boys are wearing briefs to practice and to compete.

My son, slightly younger, has always preferred Lycra swim suits since he was a baby. It's a "feeling dry" issue - he hates to be wet. Always has and still does & goes for his clothes too. So since he was a baby, he's wore square cut, briefs and jammers. He is now leaning towards jammers for the simple fact it requires less sun block or even none on his lower legs. He does have briefs and will wear them to the beach and pool. He doesn't have an issue with them. Him and I have matching sunga suits and he insists that we have to wear them together. All or nothing sometimes... We also have matching swim briefs but as of now, they are too big for him but he keeps wanting to see if they fit which leads me to believe his is just waiting to wear them together.

Are my kids embarrassed? At this point, I say no. I think I am pretty good at when and where I will wear them. Family vacation this past August, I was in briefs and square cut (to my own choice). If we are at the pool and I am swimming laps, I am in briefs. Tubing down the river, I wore shorts. Family event or water park, I will wear shorts. Lakes - which we have a lot of in my area and did many times this summer - I wore both square cut but mostly shorts.

My wife doesn't really care what I wear as long as it's the right time/place. IE: not to her family reunion which sometimes involves swimming. She does have her limits on type of suits... no white suits, super small, 'hanging pouch front' (she thinks they tend to look like underwear) and no VPL. She likes some of my suits more than others and will say which ones I should bring on vacation, just use for workouts and which ones no longer look good. That's all fine with me.

It really helps to have a wife to is indifferent to what I wear and not only fully supports the idea, but also has purchased suits for my son and me. It conveys acceptance in the family so that is naturally instilled with my kids. Will my kids continue to feel this way as they grow older, who knows but I hope so because they will be left with 100's of family vacation photos with me in them!

Last point - It's also not a secret that I wear them with all my close friends, neighbors, and old buddies too. While I wouldn't say it was common knowledge, I have been much more open about it for the past 5 yrs. I am at the point where they have either seem me in them (swimming laps and such), photos shared by me, or have seen photos that others have taken while hanging out together either on vacation or at some place and I wore them. In the beginning, I had maybe a few head shakes but they know who I am - my personality - and get over it pretty quickly. I always say that there are more important things to worry about than what I wear. I think with the pandemic - my friends are finally agreeing and get it!
straight, married w/ kids.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:57 pm

Short answer yes.
I always have and always will. No big deal, no issues.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:10 pm

My boys are now grown and off on their own, but the only swimsuits they've ever seen me wear were briefs. I used to do a lot of swimming for fitness and I haven't owned anything but swim briefs since the early 1970s when I started college. Before that swimsuits were what would now be called square cuts. Pool, beach, water park -- always a swim brief. It's just a swimsuit.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:16 pm

My kids have seen me in speedos plenty, never said anything about.

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:21 am

I have a teenage daughter & son who started questioning my speedos around 10 I'd say. They're now 17 & 15, and accepting if not endorsing. We belong to a yacht club with a pool, and go to the beach, and I wear them as normal both places, where they've had friends too. No issues. Everyone knows I swim laps regularly, at least in the summer, so it's a given by now, even though I'm the only one.

My suit is a navy Tyr racer, so when one day at the NJ beach in August, I wore my AB 1.5 Classic Azure, my daughter noticed with comments, but only because it seemed bright blue! Later on my wife wanted to walk down the beach with me, which we did.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:41 am

rmf wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:47 pm
My wife doesn't really care what I wear as long as it's the right time/place. IE: not to her family reunion which sometimes involves swimming. She does have her limits on type of suits... no white suits, super small, 'hanging pouch front' (she thinks they tend to look like underwear) and no VPL. She likes some of my suits more than others and will say which ones I should bring on vacation, just use for workouts and which ones no longer look good. That's all fine with me.

It really helps to have a wife to is indifferent to what I wear and not only fully supports the idea, but also has purchased suits for my son and me. It conveys acceptance in the family so that is naturally instilled with my kids. Will my kids continue to feel this way as they grow older, who knows but I hope so because they will be left with 100's of family vacation photos with me in them!
I think this is my biggest obstacle- if my wife were cool with it, I'd be fine wearing speedos in public (I'm thinking mainly to the beach) with our son. As I said he absolutely idolizes me (he's five) so unless my wife were complaining about it, I doubt he'd think anything of it.

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:03 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:41 am
I think this is my biggest obstacle- if my wife were cool with it, I'd be fine wearing speedos in public (I'm thinking mainly to the beach) with our son. As I said he absolutely idolizes me (he's five) so unless my wife were complaining about it, I doubt he'd think anything of it.
You can't really avoid embarrassing your kids at some point in their lives. I wouldn't worry about your speedos being a source of embarrassment. If he's seen you wearing one for most of his life or worn them himself (now's the time to start), speedos will probably seem normal to him.

What is your wife's objection to speedos? Does she wear bikinis?

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:39 pm

SpeedoDad78 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:03 pm
52dno98 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:41 am
You can't really avoid embarrassing your kids at some point in their lives. I wouldn't worry about your speedos being a source of embarrassment. If he's seen you wearing one for most of his life or worn them himself (now's the time to start), speedos will probably seem normal to him.

What is your wife's objection to speedos? Does she wear bikinis?
Perhaps have your boy enrolled in swimming or water polo, than speedos would be natural and normal. I'm kind of worried about that too. Sadly, I'm still single and available. I really hope to have a wife who's fine with me wearing speedos, at least for tanning or when we're together. But because I'm not that young anymore, despite my appearance, I will end up being a not so young parent - something I really hate. My parents had me in their mid to late 30's, despite being married in their mid to late teens. My paternal grandfather married LATE in life and had 2 kids very late in life. I didn't want to imitate my aprents or my paternal grandfather, but it looks like that will happen if I settle down and become a parent. I'm worried about embarrassing my kid in front of other kids and their parents, especially if it's noticed that I'm an older father. It irriates me just thinking about it.

Speedo1986
United States of America

Post by Speedo1986 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:22 pm

I have 2 girls and a boy with the oldest being 7. I have worn speedos and thongs in front of them their entire lives. My wife and I do not hide our bodies nor do we sexualize them in front of the kids. To this point, if I wear anything bigger than a swim brief, I get the awkward eye from the kids and the question of why am I wearing shorts in the pool. I swim masters so it is a normal thing for the kids to see other men in speedos as well. If we get to the point that they do not want me to wear speedos, we will cross that bridge then.

swimmer3333
Australia

Post by swimmer3333 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:52 am

I'm in Australia, so I guess it's much more normalised here. I've always worn them. My 13yr old son has speedos but prefers jammers at the moment.

I think if I didn't wear speedos my family would be wondering why.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:07 am

Absolutely, always. We are a swim team family. I wear them at home a lot in the summer. Our back yard is a private utopia. I wear strictly briefs at swim workout and masters meets. At beach and boating. I get a good speedo tan every year.

esl
United States of America

Post by esl » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:44 am

I never had children but a nephew lived with us when he was 13 to 18 years old. I wore speedos when we went swimming, hanging around the pool and BBQing during summer. He was horrified at first and made comments but eventually stopped.

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:40 pm

Were you ever able to get him interested in wearing swim briefs?
esl wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:44 am
I never had children but a nephew lived with us when he was 13 to 18 years old. I wore speedos when we went swimming, hanging around the pool and BBQing during summer. He was horrified at first and made comments but eventually stopped.

esl
United States of America

Post by esl » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:15 am

No - not ever.
MrMusik wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:40 pm
Were you ever able to get him interested in wearing swim briefs?
esl wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:44 am