G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Has forum interest declined

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

speedoboi
Canada

Re: Has forum interest declined

Post by speedoboi » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:49 pm

Thom wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:42 am
speedoboi wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:25 pm
My time here has been greatly reduced. In mid-November, my dad suffered an unexpected brain bleed. He was recently discharged from the hospital. He cannot speak or wallow and is being fed through a tube in his stomach. I've been helping with his care. When I'm not helping him, I'm busy crying. Areana Grande released a song entitled, NO MORE TEARS LEFT TO CRY, but my tears seem to be unlimited.
I'm saddened to hear of your Dad. I took care of both my mother and father later in their lives. Get as much rest as you can. Care-giving can be very draining.
Thank you. Very much appreciated.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:11 pm

speedoboi wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:49 pm
Thom wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:42 am

I'm saddened to hear of your Dad. I took care of both my mother and father later in their lives. Get as much rest as you can. Care-giving can be very draining.
Thank you. Very much appreciated.
Your Dad is fortunate. Here in Florida I see so many seniors who face their difficulties alone.
Long time Speedo® lover

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:45 am

spear wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:15 pm
The number of new posts most certainly have declined to any and all of the subjects. Or is this just my imagine.
Swimming is off the menu for most due to the health crisis.
So it's just not on people's minds plus many probably don't want to be reminded of what they can't currently do

Aircat
Australia

Post by Aircat » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:50 am

Norfcountryboy wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:15 am
I think the site uses the php platform which in my limited understanding is an older generation of system. I expect that limits what you can do with it.
That's true, the old tech isn't so nice as the more modern apps with much easier picture sharing and ability to react with likes etc.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:27 am

Aircat wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:50 am
Norfcountryboy wrote:
I think the site uses the php platform which in my limited understanding is an older generation of system. I expect that limits what you can do with it.
That's true, the old tech isn't so nice as the more modern apps with much easier picture sharing and ability to react with likes etc.
Yes, the "like" or "recommend" or "thumbs up" button is handy. And as you say, handling image files is way easier. On FB, it's just cut and paste--no problems with the file type or resizing.
Long time Speedo® lover

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:46 pm

Thom wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:27 am
Aircat wrote:
Norfcountryboy wrote:
Yes, the "like" or "recommend" or "thumbs up" button is handy. And as you say, handling image files is way easier. On FB, it's just cut and paste--no problems with the file type or resizing.
"Like"!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:46 pm

Scottiebum wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:46 pm
Thom wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:27 am
Aircat wrote:

"Like"!
"Like"
Long time Speedo® lover

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:14 pm

Oh man, a "like button" would be great. A simple picture sharing method would be awesome. Even I would put up photos then.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:27 pm

swimmy wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:14 pm
Oh man, a "like button" would be great. A simple picture sharing method would be awesome. Even I would put up photos then.
"Like!"
Long time Speedo® lover

swimmer3333
Australia

Post by swimmer3333 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:15 pm

swimmy wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:14 pm
That would be great. I'm also guilty of being a long time lurker on here and now that I'm registered i can see how many guests are on at once in the user link vs registered users. A like button that guests could potentially click would demonstrate the real engagement i think.

I reckon a chat thing might be good too.

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:46 pm

The issue with 'like' buttons etc is that this forum is a not-for-profit setup, using a free open source bulletin board software (phpBB) and run by one person "Dave' as a benefit to the speedo loving community.

Unfortunately to make any changes would mean upgrading to a whole new site setup, mostly likely with a cost of time and money, with any possible rewards most likely not outweighing the effort.

So for now I guess this is the best the forum can be, and for me it has been very enjoyable over the last few years. I personally don't spend as much time on here anymore as I am much busier these days offline and only have so much to offer in terms of new content.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:29 am

Perhaps Dave should look at a premium version of the forum like Tapatalk does. £1 per month. That wouldn’t break the bank would. The the free version get adverts on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

SpeedoDan
Great Britain

Post by SpeedoDan » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:52 pm

Josspeedo and I were talking about this the other day. I think it's very easy to come onto the forum and 'consume' without giving back. I think the lack of content is down to a number of things; obviously, the covid-19 pandemic has been a big inhibitor for people having content to post. I myself, have not been able to go to the gym/pool since March last year. My only speedo time was on when I managed to visit my parents in Kenya which I managed to do three times luckily. Moreover, this is an older platform and you have the likes of Instagram to compete with, where it's much easier to engage with content.

We SHOULD however do our best as members of this community to post, engage and add content to keep it going.

I've added a photo from when I was last in Kenya! Hope you like my contribution!

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:31 pm

SpeedoDan wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:52 pm
Josspeedo and I were talking about this the other day. I think it's very easy to come onto the forum and 'consume' without giving back. I think the lack of content is down to a number of things; obviously, the covid-19 pandemic has been a big inhibitor for people having content to post. I myself, have not been able to go to the gym/pool since March last year. My only speedo time was on when I managed to visit my parents in Kenya which I managed to do three times luckily. Moreover, this is an older platform and you have the likes of Instagram to compete with, where it's much easier to engage with content.

We SHOULD however do our best as members of this community to post, engage and add content to keep it going.

I've added a photo from when I was last in Kenya! Hope you like my contribution!
Wow, thanks for the photo. You look handsome. I envy you.

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:55 pm

SpeedoDan wrote:Josspeedo and I were talking about this the other day. I think it's very easy to come onto the forum and 'consume' without giving back. I think the lack of content is down to a number of things; obviously, the covid-19 pandemic has been a big inhibitor for people having content to post. I myself, have not been able to go to the gym/pool since March last year. My only speedo time was on when I managed to visit my parents in Kenya which I managed to do three times luckily. Moreover, this is an older platform and you have the likes of Instagram to compete with, where it's much easier to engage with content.

Wow what a fantastic picture Speedodan . Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:42 pm

SpeedoDan wrote:Josspeedo and I were talking about this the other day. I think it's very easy to come onto the forum and 'consume' without giving back. I think the lack of content is down to a number of things; obviously, the covid-19 pandemic has been a big inhibitor for people having content to post. I myself, have not been able to go to the gym/pool since March last year. My only speedo time was on when I managed to visit my parents in Kenya which I managed to do three times luckily. Moreover, this is an older platform and you have the likes of Instagram to compete with, where it's much easier to engage with content.

Hi Speedodan, great picture you posted. You are looking fab in the photo, thanks for sharing it and I will look forward to more posts. Take care and stay safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.