G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Has forum interest declined

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

packedspeedo
United States of America

Re: Has forum interest declined

Post by packedspeedo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:19 am

Using FB with a "Secret" account is tricky/risky. Because your hidden account might get suggested to you or your friends as a possible friend. FB uses location data when it suggests friends.

zaps
United States of America

Post by zaps » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:46 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:00 pm
Great news. I lost my job end of October. But I am now caring for a family member. I desperately want to get back to work but not happening.
Hope the new job works out and keep us updated with how the weight loss is going. Can’t wait to see you in those Speedos.
Best of luck to you. I held out for my old job for about 6 months hoping work would pick up again, but got to where I just couldn't keep waiting. Unemployment wasn't enough to survive on and my old job is probably still 3-4 months from restarting even now.

I wear a fitbit every day and I average 15-20k steps a day now, compared to 5-10k in my last job. I'm also trying to moderate what and how much I eat, which I think has made the biggest impact. I haven't been lifting weights since I'm still kind of leery of gyms not being cleaned well enough, but as the pandemic eventually improves I'd like to get back into that again after being out for a few years.
Thom wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:15 pm
Hey congratulations. I'm glad things have worked out so well for you. 8) Looking awesome in your profile pic!!
Thanks! That picture is a little old now, but I'd say I'm pretty close to that again now.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:26 pm

zaps wrote:
Speedoaddict wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:00 pm
Great news. I lost my job end of October. But I am now caring for a family member. I desperately want to get back to work but not happening.
Hope the new job works out and keep us updated with how the weight loss is going. Can’t wait to see you in those Speedos.
Best of luck to you. I held out for my old job for about 6 months hoping work would pick up again, but got to where I just couldn't keep waiting. Unemployment wasn't enough to survive on and my old job is probably still 3-4 months from restarting even now.

I wear a fitbit every day and I average 15-20k steps a day now, compared to 5-10k in my last job. I'm also trying to moderate what and how much I eat, which I think has made the biggest impact. I haven't been lifting weights since I'm still kind of leery of gyms not being cleaned well enough, but as the pandemic eventually improves I'd like to get back into that again after being out for a few years.
Thom wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:15 pm
Hey congratulations. I'm glad things have worked out so well for you. 8) Looking awesome in your profile pic!!
Thanks! That picture is a little old now, but I'd say I'm pretty close to that again now.
Keep up the great work. I am averaging around 5k steps. Hard to do when your looking after a disabled relative. I can finally try and relax at about 8:30pm - 9pm. But need to be in the house in case anything happens. I eat all the wrong stuff. Due to my depression and anxiety I eat more than I should. It’s the only enjoyment I have. I have been informed I am pre diabetic. What do they know.
Keep up the fantastic work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:29 pm

devildog wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:49 am
I blame aussiebum for taking my favorite models (wj loose and classics wj) out of their collection lol
agreed, what were they thinking?

yamamay
United States of America

Post by yamamay » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:37 am

swimmy wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:42 am
The trick to using Facebook is to have an alias.
As for comments on photos, I prefer there aren't any, photo threads should just be photos, not a bunch of babble to have to scroll through to get to the next photo.
A thumbs up button would suffice for photo threads.
Have to agree with this, especially if peopel are quoting the image they're replying to. Then you're stuck scrolling through message after message of the same photo with a different comment. It's a terrible way to view content.

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:45 am

swimmy wrote:
The trick to using Facebook is to NOT use it.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:45 am

speedostud wrote:
swimmy wrote:
The trick to using Facebook is to NOT use it.
Couldn’t agree with you more speedostud. I never liked Facebook to many adverts and moaning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Latestarter
Great Britain

Post by Latestarter » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:32 am

It’s winter Not been swimming and I’ve just not been on as much for quite a while.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:51 am

One thing is obvious, we need some housecleaning around here. What's with all the bullshit threads people are posting? I report them all, only once has somebody beat me to it.

LimeSpeedos
Canada

Post by LimeSpeedos » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:36 am

Probably , i know for me life has changed a lot and i've also gained some weight so that doesn't help, also there is no pools open.
Speedo Gamer

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:07 am

Yeah, the existence of the spammer has definitely made me check here less frequently.

solarguy
United States of America

Post by solarguy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:38 am

packedspeedo wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:07 am
Yeah, the existence of the spammer has definitely made me check here less frequently.
I'm not sure why those posting do not get immediately deleted. They are starting to ruin what has been an incredible place to come and share

CityRail
Australia

Post by CityRail » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:54 pm

I wonder whether the interest of the forum declined due to COVID?
I think we are close to have a vaccine and restrictions will ease by Spring, so hopefully we will get hornier by then?

solar4632
United States of America

Post by solar4632 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:45 pm

I think it is covid-related as far as the gym / beach / pool / travel aspect. Covid hit just as people were making summer plans. International travel stopped, and domestic travel slowed or had restrictions. Pools and beaches were closed. Attractions surrounding beaches were closed, like parks, restaurants, and bars. Some people lost a lot of income. Now we are nearing the start of winter, and these reasons still apply. Don't worry though, this is not going to last forever.

geauxboi
United States of America

Post by geauxboi » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:08 pm

For me it is just because of the start of the fall and winter and it is colder. Not going to a pool or the beach for now, so I am not thinking about wearing a swimsuit as much. But as soon as spring comes around I will be thinking a lot more about pools and beaches.

CityRail
Australia

Post by CityRail » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:36 am

solar4632 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:45 pm
I think it is covid-related as far as the gym / beach / pool / travel aspect. Covid hit just as people were making summer plans. International travel stopped, and domestic travel slowed or had restrictions. Pools and beaches were closed. Attractions surrounding beaches were closed, like parks, restaurants, and bars. Some people lost a lot of income. Now we are nearing the start of winter, and these reasons still apply. Don't worry though, this is not going to last forever.
That's true, except in Australia where we have almost eliminated coronavirus from the community and we are hoping to have all domestic borders open plus opening with NZ. I hope that us as Australians and New Zelanders can meet more here.

FloridaSpeedo
United States of America

Post by FloridaSpeedo » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:14 am

I think forum interest has declined partly to Covid but I think more likely due to the fact so many on-line influences are vying for our attention.

Grindr, Scruff, DudesNude, Sniffies, Facebook, Adam4Adam, Squirt.org, Tumblr, Instagram and the list goes on. And this does not include having multiple e-mail addresses.

I need a hung admin.....

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:26 pm

I was out of commission due to a heart attack (I survived!). But a hell of a lot of medical personnel have now seen my full speedo tan lines. When they place a stent in your heart, sometimes they go in through the femoral artery as it passes by your groin. I had it done twice, with two different shifts of about a dozen medical personnel each time. Then there was all the nurses checking on the entry sites in my groin (one on each side) in the following days. I'm sure my confidence in wearing a speedo in public helped me get over the amount of exposure my medical care required.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:57 pm

_su_ wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:26 pm
I was out of commission due to a heart attack (I survived!). But a hell of a lot of medical personnel have now seen my full speedo tan lines. When they place a stent in your heart, sometimes they go in through the femoral artery as it passes by your groin. I had it done twice, with two different shifts of about a dozen medical personnel each time. Then there was all the nurses checking on the entry sites in my groin (one on each side) in the following days. I'm sure my confidence in wearing a speedo in public helped me get over the amount of exposure my medical care required.
Glad you're better. Good health.
Last edited by Thom on Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:57 pm

_su_ wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:26 pm
Hope you continue to get better quickly.
Last edited by Thom on Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long time Speedo® lover