G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

How to Decide Which to Wear?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Nich
Singapore

How to Decide Which to Wear?

Post by Nich » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:47 am

I'm starting to go back to the pool again. Just wondering... as someone who has many pairs of speedos... how do you guys decide which pair you guys wear to the pool? I feel like I tend to stick to 1 or 2 more boring ones. I'm wondering if I should start wearing the other more brightly colored ones instead.

gx0100
Wales

Re: How to Decide Which to Wear?

Post by gx0100 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:13 pm

Honestly, I don’t have a system or formula for choosing. It all depends on my mood and I quite simply go by how I’m feeling! As long as you’re comfortable and happy with your wardrobe choice, that’s all that matters.

Speedotommy
Great Britain

Post by Speedotommy » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:05 pm

Nich wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:47 am
I'm starting to go back to the pool again. Just wondering... as someone who has many pairs of speedos... how do you guys decide which pair you guys wear to the pool? I feel like I tend to stick to 1 or 2 more boring ones. I'm wondering if I should start wearing the other more brightly colored ones instead.
How about send us a pic of all your speedos and we'll help decide? 8)
Single gay guy, almost always horny, living my best life! 8) Speedoing it up whenever I can

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:11 pm

I usually have a favourite, it will get used most for a while until I get tired of it or something better comes along.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:36 pm

I am back to swimming 3+ times a week and have been wearing a different pair every time. It's been so long since I've been wearing them that I'm super keen to get some use from my collection, then maybe settle on a few favourites for regular rotation.

I have been wondering whether anyone has noticed, as to a non speedo lover I imagine seeing a guy roll out an endless number of different suits might seem strange.

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:18 pm

I have 4 pairs I wear for my regular laps as the chlorine can be tough on them. I just make sure the ones I swim laps in are tight for better support. I save my better ones for the beach and the lake.

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:56 am

Nich wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:47 am
Definitely start wearing the brighter ones. At the beginning of the season, I wear conservative ones, but then switch to brighter Aussiebum Looses & Wonderjocks - especially the Whitehaven & Portseas! Mainly, have fun!

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:12 pm

With dozens of choices I have a few that are for daily lap swim use. Being the new chlorine resistant fabrics they will probably last longer than me. I have to say my favorite is the Turbo Monsters because it's bright and flashy. The Turbo Jeans cutoff is another, not flashy at all but humorous. Another is the old black speedo endurance. Newest is the speedo red white and blue retro Mark Spitz suit. I like it at an outdoor pool in the sun against my tan. All the rest are older, fairly worn out nonresistant speedos, dolphins and sportis that I'll use at home or on the boat or beach. Most of them were bright once but kinda faded. Further pool use would ruin them. Some are ruined and don't get worn at all any more.

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:52 am

I used to swim everyday (Fuck was this only a year ago! It feels like a lifetime) and always took two or three pairs with me and wore whatever matched my mood in the locker room. Typically I'd have one pair of jammers and a couple of pairs of briefs. Usually a conservative cut pair and a lower rise or tanga pair for when I felt like doing sexy. If I had my partner with me I'd let him choose what he wanted to see me in.
I also tried to rotate, not because my kit took a long time to dry but because I saw the same regular swimmers every day and didn't want them to think I was unhygienic and used the same pair every time.
Ultimately though I had maybe three go too favourites, my Speedo starfight endurance, navy blue Sulis tangas and black and orange Speedo endurance jammers.
Real men wear Speedo's

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:51 am

I'd love to swim laps with you, Norf! Then maybe hit the shower and quickly ditch those dang speedos. Wish we lived on the same continent at least, LOL. A young man and I recently had a speedo exchange/modeling party in his hotel room, that was hot. He hadn't brought any swimsuit so I brought a bunch of mine. Great fun and new experience with a sexy, smooth little athlete. It would be super fun with the whole swim team at once...

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:10 pm

i have heaps and alwyas tend to go with the classic blacks and navys.. not sure why :P but yeh go for something bright?

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:02 pm

gx0100 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:13 pm
Honestly, I don’t have a system or formula for choosing. It all depends on my mood and I quite simply go by how I’m feeling! As long as you’re comfortable and happy with your wardrobe choice, that’s all that matters.
Definitely the mood makes a difference and how you feel in the moment. Sometimes I'll be surprised to find a suit that got pushed to the back of the drawer for a while, and it's almost like finding a new one. There's one that I love but never wear swimming, a yellow and purple stripe suit made by the Spanish company Meyba. They're still in business, but not swimwear (mainly into soccer gear now). I want this suit to last as long as possible--thin, silk-like European lycra, narrow sides, no draw string. Always in the mood for this suit.
Long time Speedo® lover

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:19 am

swimsharkau wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:36 pm
I have been wondering whether anyone has noticed, as to a non speedo lover I imagine seeing a guy roll out an endless number of different suits might seem strange.
I often wonder this same thing. I tend to swim in one of a couple of "regular" suits, but when the mood strikes and I grab a different suit out of my speedo drawer (over 30 suits and counting), does the lifeguard notice? My pool has a pretty small number of lifeguards in the rotation, so I tend to know most of them by sight, and I'm sure they know me by sight, too. I wonder if they think, "well there's a suit I haven't seen before. Why does that guy have so many speedos?"

Nich
Singapore

Post by Nich » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:41 am

I have recently started a game where I assign numbers to each suit and then before heading out, I would use a random number generator to decide which pair I would bring. :)

yamamay
United States of America

Post by yamamay » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:34 am

If I'm swimming laps, I usually wear one of my Arenas. They're legit athletic wear and keep everything tight. Occasionally I might also go with my Gary Majdell or Yamamay (namesake) to switch it up. If I'm just swimming casually like chilling at the pool, I usually grab an Aussiebum classic 1.5, or if I'm feeling more buttoned up my Armani squarecut.

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:41 pm

It depends not only on my mood, but the location too. When I go to the local pool to swim laps I usually take a suit with a tighter fit. For a lake or so I choose a loose fit.