G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

My name is Dave and I started this forum years ago as a place for guys who love speedos to hang out. Since then it has turned in to a great and active speedo forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. Joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

User avatar
swimmer3333
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:40 am
Location: Melbourne
Australia

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by swimmer3333 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:31 am

jca155 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:48 pm
swimmer3333 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:06 am
The end result of that is that a decade or so later after hitting 95kg, I'm now about 68kg, which is pretty much close to where I was at 18.

I think the key with this stuff is to do something that's sustainable and enduring, and that's best achieved by making sure whatever it is you do, make sure it is something you like!
Not like you, who were an athlete in your teenage, and can pick up a sport fairly easily, I was never an athletic person. I barely passed P.E. in high school. I am glad I finally find a sport I can enjoy and see good results from that.
In my opinion, this is one of the failings of school and youth sport. It inadvertently teaches kids that there are those who are athletic and those who aren't, which is just not true. It's a terrible thing that really sets up people badly for the rest of life. We were made to be active, and left to our own devices as kids we'd ordinarily be really energetic. Then sport for kids is such that it more and more encourages kids to seek elite levels of performance and discourages everyone else.

What we should be doing is promoting sport as a social and lifestyle thing above all else. The idea that we don't pursue sport because we are not the absolute best or close to is a tragedy in my opinion. It's be like saying, oh I'm not going to cook at home because I don't have a Michelin star.

As adults we need to discard this nonsense and incorporate it into our lives in a way that makes as happy, and I'm absolutely convinced we will all be better for it.

From what you've said you are definitely on the right path and the rewards will be yours.

And wearing speedos in public is much easier when we feel good and healthy!

User avatar
...:::sam:::...
Posts: 838
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:35 pm
Location: Australia
Australia

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:53 am

swimmer3333 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:31 am
jca155 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:48 pm
swimmer3333 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:06 am
The end result of that is that a decade or so later after hitting 95kg, I'm now about 68kg, which is pretty much close to where I was at 18.

I think the key with this stuff is to do something that's sustainable and enduring, and that's best achieved by making sure whatever it is you do, make sure it is something you like!
Not like you, who were an athlete in your teenage, and can pick up a sport fairly easily, I was never an athletic person. I barely passed P.E. in high school. I am glad I finally find a sport I can enjoy and see good results from that.
In my opinion, this is one of the failings of school and youth sport. It inadvertently teaches kids that there are those who are athletic and those who aren't, which is just not true. It's a terrible thing that really sets up people badly for the rest of life. We were made to be active, and left to our own devices as kids we'd ordinarily be really energetic. Then sport for kids is such that it more and more encourages kids to seek elite levels of performance and discourages everyone else.

What we should be doing is promoting sport as a social and lifestyle thing above all else. The idea that we don't pursue sport because we are not the absolute best or close to is a tragedy in my opinion. It's be like saying, oh I'm not going to cook at home because I don't have a Michelin star.

As adults we need to discard this nonsense and incorporate it into our lives in a way that makes as happy, and I'm absolutely convinced we will all be better for it.

From what you've said you are definitely on the right path and the rewards will be yours.

And wearing speedos in public is much easier when we feel good and healthy!
This is so on the money it's not funny. Well said.

User avatar
jca155
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:24 pm
Location: Vancouver
Canada

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by jca155 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:40 pm

swimmer3333 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:31 am
In my opinion, this is one of the failings of school and youth sport. It inadvertently teaches kids that there are those who are athletic and those who aren't, which is just not true. It's a terrible thing that really sets up people badly for the rest of life. We were made to be active, and left to our own devices as kids we'd ordinarily be really energetic. Then sport for kids is such that it more and more encourages kids to seek elite levels of performance and discourages everyone else.
Man! You brought tears to my eyes! You accurately summed up how I felt about P.E. class.

I think it's quite common to have only three kinds of kids in school: those who are good at sports, those who are good at academic, and those who are good at music. I gave up sports in my teenage because I felt so defeated. So I chose to do well in academics and in the school choir because those are the two areas I could get a sense of accomplishment.

Now I finally realize how much fun I have missed over the years. I am catching up and going to impress my athletic friends!
swimmer3333 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:31 am
And wearing speedos in public is much easier when we feel good and healthy!
Amen! 8)
Johnny in Vancouver

User avatar
swimmer3333
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:40 am
Location: Melbourne
Australia

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by swimmer3333 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:06 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:53 am
swimmer3333 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:31 am
jca155 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:48 pm
This is so on the money it's not funny. Well said.
Thanks Sam.. I appreciate that. Too many have been wrongly and unfairly discouraged for too long!

User avatar
swimmer3333
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:40 am
Location: Melbourne
Australia

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by swimmer3333 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:11 am

jca155 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:40 pm
swimmer3333 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:31 am
In my opinion, this is one of the failings of school and youth sport. It inadvertently teaches kids that there are those who are athletic and those who aren't, which is just not true. It's a terrible thing that really sets up people badly for the rest of life. We were made to be active, and left to our own devices as kids we'd ordinarily be really energetic. Then sport for kids is such that it more and more encourages kids to seek elite levels of performance and discourages everyone else.
Man! You brought tears to my eyes! You accurately summed up how I felt about P.E. class.

I think it's quite common to have only three kinds of kids in school: those who are good at sports, those who are good at academic, and those who are good at music. I gave up sports in my teenage because I felt so defeated. So I chose to do well in academics and in the school choir because those are the two areas I could get a sense of accomplishment.

Now I finally realize how much fun I have missed over the years. I am catching up and going to impress my athletic friends!
swimmer3333 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:31 am
And wearing speedos in public is much easier when we feel good and healthy!
Amen! 8)
I think you're right about those 3 areas kids get pigeon-holed into. When I was at school I was primarily academic, but did a bit of sport, of which swimming was mostly my focus. But at that point in time it was one of the sports considered not very cool, when others would rather surf or play something like Rugby etc. So although I was good at it, it was difficult to feel good about it. I was one of the few kids who took the annual school swimming carnival seriously, and in my first year of high school, I ended up being the only kid on the starting blocks wearing speedos. The teasing was pretty relentless and that stuck with me for ages.

In the end we have to push through this stuff, and that's exactly what you've done! Keep going.

User avatar
jca155
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:24 pm
Location: Vancouver
Canada

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by jca155 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:50 pm

Hey guys! It's been a month since my first post. I would like to give an update on my progress.

My weight had fluctuated a bit in the last few weeks. Now I am sitting at 203 lbs (7 lbs lighter since Christmas). My body fat is hovering around 17-18% (about 2% lower since Christmas) Visually, there isn't much difference from one month ago.

But knowing my body weight will dip below 200 lbs very soon, I know I am heading the right direction.

Having said that, my speedos are getting looser and looser lately. I wore my Sluggers Bolters DeeTee to the pool this morning (shown below). No matter how tight I tie my drawstring, the Sluggers just kept sliding off whenever I pushed off the wall. Can you imagine I had to pull it up almost every single stroke when I swim front crawl? It's kinda annoying but I know it's a good problem to have. Haha!

My swim is improving slightly. My fastest front crawl speed has improved from 2'25"/100m to 2'08"/100m but sometimes I go as slow as 2'40"/100m. Some very kind swimmers in the fast lane gave me some feedback and tips on how to improve my strokes. I will keep practice. I also hope swim trainings will resume very soon. There's a lot I want to learn!

Thanks for holding me accountable! I will keep sending these updates.

Cheers!
Johnny

20210226.jpg
20210226.jpg (202.36 KiB) Viewed 4233 times
Johnny in Vancouver

User avatar
Speedotommy
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:58 pm
Location: Sunderland
Great Britain

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by Speedotommy » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:44 am

jca155 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:50 pm
Hey guys! It's been a month since my first post. I would like to give an update on my progress.

My weight had fluctuated a bit in the last few weeks. Now I am sitting at 203 lbs (7 lbs lighter since Christmas). My body fat is hovering around 17-18% (about 2% lower since Christmas) Visually, there isn't much difference from one month ago.

But knowing my body weight will dip below 200 lbs very soon, I know I am heading the right direction.

Having said that, my speedos are getting looser and looser lately. I wore my Sluggers Bolters DeeTee to the pool this morning (shown below). No matter how tight I tie my drawstring, the Sluggers just kept sliding off whenever I pushed off the wall. Can you imagine I had to pull it up almost every single stroke when I swim front crawl? It's kinda annoying but I know it's a good problem to have. Haha!

My swim is improving slightly. My fastest front crawl speed has improved from 2'25"/100m to 2'08"/100m but sometimes I go as slow as 2'40"/100m. Some very kind swimmers in the fast lane gave me some feedback and tips on how to improve my strokes. I will keep practice. I also hope swim trainings will resume very soon. There's a lot I want to learn!

Thanks for holding me accountable! I will keep sending these updates.

Cheers!
Johnny

20210226.jpg
Congrats mate, keep up the good work! You're a real inspiration to me, and the other guys on the forum. I can't wait til gyms and pools open up here so I can keep getting fitter. Keep us updated 😊
Single gay guy, almost always horny, living my best life! 8) Speedoing it up whenever I can

User avatar
jca155
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:24 pm
Location: Vancouver
Canada

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by jca155 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:20 pm

Speedotommy wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:44 am
Congrats mate, keep up the good work! You're a real inspiration to me, and the other guys on the forum. I can't wait til gyms and pools open up here so I can keep getting fitter. Keep us updated 😊
Thank you Tommy! 😊
Johnny in Vancouver

User avatar
Thom
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: U.S.--East Coast
United States of America

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by Thom » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:44 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:53 am
swimmer3333 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:31 am
jca155 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:48 pm

Not like you, who were an athlete in your teenage, and can pick up a sport fairly easily, I was never an athletic person. I barely passed P.E. in high school. I am glad I finally find a sport I can enjoy and see good results from that.
In my opinion, this is one of the failings of school and youth sport. It inadvertently teaches kids that there are those who are athletic and those who aren't, which is just not true. It's a terrible thing that really sets up people badly for the rest of life. We were made to be active, and left to our own devices as kids we'd ordinarily be really energetic. Then sport for kids is such that it more and more encourages kids to seek elite levels of performance and discourages everyone else.

What we should be doing is promoting sport as a social and lifestyle thing above all else. The idea that we don't pursue sport because we are not the absolute best or close to is a tragedy in my opinion. It's be like saying, oh I'm not going to cook at home because I don't have a Michelin star.

As adults we need to discard this nonsense and incorporate it into our lives in a way that makes as happy, and I'm absolutely convinced we will all be better for it.

From what you've said you are definitely on the right path and the rewards will be yours.

And wearing speedos in public is much easier when we feel good and healthy!
This is so on the money it's not funny. Well said.
I totally agree. My high school and college years were a waste in terms of fitness. Things got better in grad school when I took private tennis lessons at an indoor, private club. The teaching pro did things like visualization and other techniques. It was a revelation; I actually became competent. Later, several resources I found taught me to swim better for fitness, if not for competition. I've managed to keep my weight the same as it was in college, about 66kg/145lb.
Last edited by Thom on Sun May 09, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long time Speedo® lover

User avatar
Mazda3mps
Posts: 1055
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:28 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Australia

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by Mazda3mps » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:04 pm

look at you hitting goals! well done mate

User avatar
jca155
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:24 pm
Location: Vancouver
Canada

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by jca155 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:21 am

Thom wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:44 pm

I totally agree. My high school and college years were a waste in terms of fitness. Things got better in grad school when I took private tennis lessons at an indoor, private club. The teaching pro did things like visualization and other techniques. It was a revelation; I actually became competent. Later, several resources I found taught me to swim better for fitness, if not for competition. I've managed to keep my weight the same as it was in college, about 66kg/145lb. I got my college degree 50 years ago.
Good for you Thom! And I agree, everyone learns differently. It’s hard for a school P.E. teacher to teach 40 kids at one time and expect everyone to excel.

Although I failed miserably in my teenage/college years, I finally seek help and slowly improve my fitness.

My current weight is the same as it was, if not lighter, when I graduated university, which was 11 years ago. I hope I can keep saying this in the next 40 years, just like you, Thom! :)
Johnny in Vancouver

User avatar
jca155
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:24 pm
Location: Vancouver
Canada

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by jca155 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:23 am

Mazda3mps wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:04 pm
look at you hitting goals! well done mate
Thank you Mazda3mps!

I haven’t hit my goal yet but I am on the right track. I am quite confident I can get there very soon. 8)
Johnny in Vancouver

User avatar
jca155
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:24 pm
Location: Vancouver
Canada

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by jca155 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:00 am

Hey guys,

Here's another update from me.

My weight loss is still progressing at a slow but steady pace. Now my body weight is hovering around 199 lbs. I think this is the first time it dips below 200 since my early university years.

I replaced some of my pants last fall but they have became too loose already. So are my speedos.

I bought a couple of new pairs recently, including the Funky Trunks in the picture below. It was on sale for only $12 Canadian. What a deal!

For my swim, things have been improving slowly. I finally cracked the 2'00"/100m barrier in freestyle. I swam a couple sets of 1'57" and 1'59" recently but I still can't hold this pace for more than 200m. I gotta keep working on that.

The lifeguards at my pool kicked me out of the medium lane a few weeks ago. They said I was too fast and it's time to graduate the medium lane. I have been swimming in the fast lane since then. I am still very terrified. Keeping up with the speedy boys is very very challenging. LOL

image0.JPG
image0.JPG (63.48 KiB) Viewed 3701 times
Johnny in Vancouver

User avatar
SpeedoScot
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:26 am
Location: Scotland
Great Britain

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by SpeedoScot » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:16 pm

Hi

So I’m on a weight loss plan and trying to be healthy wit the aim of feeling confident to hit the pool and gym on apr 26th when they reopen. Lockdown 1 last year I put on 10 kgs and by the time lockdown 2 hit in jan this year I had hit 115kg - disgusted with myself -I’ve managed to loose 5 kg since jan and it’s been a struggle but my target is 100kg then down to 90 kg - think it will be jammers or square cuts to start off
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scotland; Gay ; Speedo ; Swimming ; Mountain Biking

User avatar
jca155
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:24 pm
Location: Vancouver
Canada

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by jca155 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:15 pm

SpeedoScot wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:16 pm
I’ve managed to loose 5 kg since jan and it’s been a struggle but my target is 100kg then down to 90 kg
Hey SpeedoScot,

You are already on the right track! Losing 5 kg in about 3 months is great progress.

Once gyms and pools reopen, I am sure the weight loss will speed up and you will hit your goal of 100 kg and 90 kg sooner than you think!

Give us an update from time to time! Let’s keep each other accountable! 8)

Johnny
Johnny in Vancouver

User avatar
SpeedoScot
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:26 am
Location: Scotland
Great Britain

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by SpeedoScot » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:33 pm

Thanks for that mate need all the encouragement and support I can get


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scotland; Gay ; Speedo ; Swimming ; Mountain Biking

User avatar
SpeedoScot
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:26 am
Location: Scotland
Great Britain

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by SpeedoScot » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:54 am

SO finally got back in th epool this mornign and it felt greaaaattt !! Black and white adidas three stripe and I wasn't the only guy in the pool with a speedo which made it all the better. Booked in again for Sunday..
Scotland; Gay ; Speedo ; Swimming ; Mountain Biking

User avatar
jca155
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:24 pm
Location: Vancouver
Canada

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by jca155 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:27 pm

SpeedoScot wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:54 am
SO finally got back in th epool this mornign and it felt greaaaattt !! Black and white adidas three stripe and I wasn't the only guy in the pool with a speedo which made it all the better. Booked in again for Sunday..
Yay! It must be wonderful to be back in the pool. Even better when there are other speedo swimmers with you. Keep it up!

Remember to keep us updated! 8)
Johnny in Vancouver

Speedoaddict
Posts: 3144
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 5:30 am
Location: Birmingham, UK
Contact:
Great Britain

Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun May 02, 2021 10:38 am

Deleted.
Last edited by Speedoaddict on Sun May 02, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

User avatar
Thom
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: U.S.--East Coast
United States of America

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by Thom » Sun May 02, 2021 11:12 am

jca155 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:00 am

For my swim, things have been improving slowly. I finally cracked the 2'00"/100m barrier in freestyle. I swam a couple sets of 1'57" and 1'59" recently but I still can't hold this pace for more than 200m. I gotta keep working on that.

The lifeguards at my pool kicked me out of the medium lane a few weeks ago. They said I was too fast and it's time to graduate the medium lane. I have been swimming in the fast lane since then. I am still very terrified. Keeping up with the speedy boys is very very challenging. LOL
Wow. Doing well. Awesome.

Tom
Long time Speedo® lover

Post Reply