G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by Speedoaddict » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:45 am

Scottiebum wrote:
Speedoaddict wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:35 pm
I have lost some weight this year by cutting outa lit of rubbish from my diet. I was 20st 8lb (288lbs), as of today I am 18st 1lb (253lbs). Just got to keep going and try my best. I can’t exercise at the moment due to a few health problems which is a bitch, but I am focused on losing another 3st (42lbs). To everyone keep up the great work. Proud of you all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's very impressive, well done!
Cheers Scottie. Much appreciated.

Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

londondan
Great Britain

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals in 2021

Post by londondan » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:51 am

jca155 wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:57 pm
Hello guys,

It's almost 3 months since my last update. I have a few positive news to share.

After a 12-week front crawl course with my coach, I have made enough progress to join his masters group in January.

My 5 x 100m front crawl benchmark test improved significantly from 10:34 in late-September, to 10:10 in mid-October, to 9:40 in early-December.

I can't express how happy I am with the progress. Hope I can further improve my skills and break 9:00/500m soon.

My weight loss is going slowly but surely. I am now hovering between 190-195 lbs, with 12.8% body fat, according to the latest body scan. I am getting very very close to my 12% goal. I will keep working on it, after all the holiday eating. :lol:

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! :)

IMG_3583 copy.jpg
Congratulations. It must be so good to know you're making progress. I've only ever swum on my own outside of a club and kind of regret that.

wetman1961
Great Britain

Post by wetman1961 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:44 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
I have lost some weight this year by cutting outa lit of rubbish from my diet. I was 20st 8lb (288lbs), as of today I am 18st 1lb (253lbs). Just got to keep going and try my best. I can’t exercise at the moment due to a few health problems which is a bitch, but I am focused on losing another 3st (42lbs). To everyone keep up the great work. Proud of you all.

Well done - and here's to getting a further three stone off! It is a slow process, but it is possible, and you have shown what you can do just by changing your diet. For me, the biggie was actually portion control, and not going back for seconds.

I'm proud of you too and I think a lot of other people are as well.
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:11 am

wetman1961 wrote:
Speedoaddict wrote:

Well done - and here's to getting a further three stone off! It is a slow process, but it is possible, and you have shown what you can do just by changing your diet. For me, the biggie was actually portion control, and not going back for seconds.

Thanks Wetman1961. The comments mean a lot from people. Glad to hear you are still staying on top of things too. Keep up the fantastic work your doing. Proud of you.

wetman1961
Great Britain

Post by wetman1961 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:39 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:11 am
wetman1961 wrote:
Speedoaddict wrote:

Thanks Wetman1961. The comments mean a lot from people. Glad to hear you are still staying on top of things too. Keep up the fantastic work your doing. Proud of you.

I think we can both be proud of ourselves! I'll send you an email soon.

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:08 pm

Scottiebum wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:01 pm
That sounds very positive, well done!
Thank you Scottiebum!
wetman1961 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:28 am
And I only wear a speedo!
Geez! You are a brave man! I can't handle the freezing cold ocean here in Vancouver even in summer. :lol:
Speedoaddict wrote:
That's wonderful Speedoaddict! I think what I learned over the last two years is that you can never rush your transformation. You need to be patient and change your lifestyle bit by bit. Kudos to you!
londondan wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:51 am
Congratulations. It must be so good to know you're making progress. I've only ever swum on my own outside of a club and kind of regret that.
Thank you londondan. It's never too late to join a club that suits your ability. I would never see such progress without the helps from my coach.
Johnny in Vancouver

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 am

jca155 wrote:
Scottiebum wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:01 pm
That sounds very positive, well done!
Thank you Scottiebum!
wetman1961 wrote:
Geez! You are a brave man! I can't handle the freezing cold ocean here in Vancouver even in summer. :lol:
Speedoaddict wrote:
That's wonderful Speedoaddict! I think what I learned over the last two years is that you can never rush your transformation. You need to be patient and change your lifestyle bit by bit. Kudos to you!
londondan wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:51 am
Thank you londondan. It's never too late to join a club that suits your ability. I would never see such progress without the helps from my coach.
Thank you jca155, it has taken me months to get to this point, just go to keep it up.

wetman1961
Great Britain

Post by wetman1961 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:53 am

wetman1961 wrote:

[/quote]

We are fortunate in the UK, as we have the Gulf Stream which warms our sea waters. The sea temperature today is 11.5C - toasty!

(who am I kidding?)

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:18 pm

wetman1961 wrote:
wetman1961 wrote:
We are fortunate in the UK, as we have the Gulf Stream which warms our sea waters. The sea temperature today is 11.5C - toasty!

(who am I kidding?)[/quote]
For the UK that’s hot. I would love to try the Christmas Swim challenge, but the local canal just doesn’t have the same charm.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:18 pm

It's now 2022, but I went swimming today for the first time since September, I think? Maybe October. Regardless, it was REALLY rough, ha ha. I need to get back into a more regular routine.