G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

What's Your First Post-Covid Speedo Destination

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Thom
United States of America

Re: What's Your First Post-Covid Speedo Destination

Post by Thom » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:23 pm

I got my second COVID shot a week ago. (Initial reaction was getting really tired, but I got a bad delayed reaction.) Should make travel easier, particularly on airplanes. I'd like to fly down to one of the Caribbean islands, a French-speaking one so I could practice the language, but I understand that they aren't frequented much by U.S. nationals. I suppose I'll end up visiting friends in Maine.
Last edited by Thom on Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long time Speedo® lover

malaysiafree

Post by malaysiafree » Tue May 11, 2021 9:06 pm

Malaysia

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Wed May 12, 2021 3:45 am

Aruba-bound in September!
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:13 pm

Thom wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:20 pm
Scottiebum wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:24 pm
Speedoaddict wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:51 am

I do like Scotland. Been once to Oban, scenery was spectacular.
Glad you liked it, scenery is good, so are the beaches.
That photo is breathtaking.
Yes, there are so many amazing beaches round the coast and the islands.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:11 pm

Has anyone on the board ever been to the Maldives? If so, is it speedo-friendly there?

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:57 pm

Islam is the state religion of Maldives, and adherence to it is legally required for citizens by a revision of the constitution in 2008. In February 2020 a woman was arrested for wearing a bikini. What applies to women however may not necessarily apply to men.
Police said the woman, who was walking on a main road on the island of Maafushi, was “inappropriately” dressed and allegedly unruly and drunk when she was detained after refusing to comply with requests to cover up.

The Maldives once confined tourists to resort islets separate from the local Muslim population but in recent years has allowed foreigners to stay on inhabited islands.

Tourists can wear swimwear such as bikinis in the resorts but are subject to local dress codes elsewhere.

Videos shared on social media showed three men trying to detain the traveller, while a fourth person tried to cover her with a towel.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... g-a-bikini

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:10 pm

BozeHawk wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:57 pm
Islam is the state religion of Maldives, and adherence to it is legally required for citizens by a revision of the constitution in 2008. In February 2020 a woman was arrested for wearing a bikini. What applies to women however may not necessarily apply to men.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... g-a-bikini
So long as you avoid a jihad, you're good.
Long time Speedo® lover

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:29 pm

Thom wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:10 pm
So long as you avoid a jihad, you're good.
I've been on beaches in SE Asia where visiting Saudi and Emirati families fly in for holiday. The men, young and old, cheerfully enjoy the sun, swimming, and splendid beaches in their swim briefs, while their wives are under the beach umbrellas or in the shade of palm trees all covered up.

rmf

Post by rmf » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:10 am

52dno98 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:11 pm
Has anyone on the board ever been to the Maldives? If so, is it speedo-friendly there?
Yes, it is fine at the resorts. Most of the resorts are private and they own the entire island - which is probably why they can service alcohol freely. It's pretty much like any other resorts. The are a lot of Russians, Australians an Europeans due to proximity but it depends on who is traveling right now regarding how many you will see.

Generally speaking, it's a muslim country so I would avoid anything over the top and definitely no nudity in the public areas. Also, have a pair of shorts handy for when you go inside to use the bathrooms, go to the restaurants or want a drink at the bar. Service at your chair (ordering drinks & food) is fine. Even if it's an 'adult only' resort, I would still make the same recommendation. Common sense, right?

If you do go, I would recommend an over-the-water bungalow since it is less chance of no-seeums (which are really aggressive) and really consider your food options (all-inclusive) because food can be really expensive. It wouldn't be uncommon to see a $35 burger on the menu and $25 apps.

They are hurting for tourists & their economy is dependent on it. You can get some crazy good deals right now at resorts. Most of their front facing employees are vaccinated. Negative PCR tests are required 72/96 hrs in advance and some countries are band from entering by the Maldives govt. due to covid spikes.
straight, married w/ kids.