G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo Politics: are gay speedo wearers more right-wing than leftists?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Harsh1994
Peru

Speedo Politics: are gay speedo wearers more right-wing than leftists?

Post by Harsh1994 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:46 pm

Hi, I'm back around again and I have to make you a question: Are speedo wearers more right-wing than leftists?

This year, Peru went into vote for President and Congresspeople. First election round was full of mediocre candidates and only two or three sensate options that didn't make into the final round. The political polarization here caused two candidates made into the final round with at most 19% of the vote. Those two candidates were Pedro Castillo, a radical leftist with big preference into the Andean region and the south but linked with people like Nicolas Maduro, Venezuela's dictator; and Keiko Fujimori, Alberto Fujimori's daughter and right-wing, with more preference in the capital Lima and the north coast but involved in the two last presidential vacancies and known as a unstabilizing political force. Both candidates were between the worst of the first round and both are conservative. LGBT people voted mainly for Fujimori but activists voting for Castillo justified it in more general people demandings.

Last Sunday we went to vote and the results are still undefined but is very likely that the new President of Peru would be Pedro Castillo. I haven't voted for him but I can understand the reasons of a half of the total Peru's population to chose him, even when I know he would end democracy and tear down our macroeconomics. I had been looking at Instagram stories of a lot of people I follow and I noted that the big majority of gay speedo wearers voted for Keiko Fujimori, while the gays voting for Pedro Castillo are esentially short-short wearers, with only a minority of speedo wearers that are involved in LGBT activism. Also, gay speedo wearers who voted for Fujimori are currently exposing their racism and classism in their messages, IG stories, FB posts and tweets, even when a lot of them are progressive more than conservative.

Is there any reason to speedo wearers to be more of the right-wing than left-wing?
Speedos are the best swimwear around. Period.

wetman1961
Great Britain

Re: Speedo Politics: are gay speedo wearers more right-wing than leftists?

Post by wetman1961 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:01 am

I'm sure speedo wearers are right across the political spectrum. I regard myself as centre-left.
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:45 am

Here in the states, at least, I’d reckon that most Speedo wearers are socially liberal, which skews Democrat. Those who abhor showing skin or free expression (or whatever you want to call “Speedo wearing,” more generally) tend to be more conservative. But that’s a total guess. I live in a really politically-conservative part of the states and am very liberal so I tend to think I’m an outsider in everything, ha ha.

Dirtrider99
Canada

Post by Dirtrider99 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:51 am

I am fairly right in political and strong right in economics, however I'm fully supportive of LGTBQ I truly believe that ALL people matter and are fundamentally created equal. That being said I feel people should be able to wear what ever they please and should not be judged that includes women's equality to be be topless

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:15 am

Some guys are more right, others lean left, and some like to be up and in the middle.

Paspeedodude
United States of America

Post by Paspeedodude » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:19 pm

Touché BozeHawk! That’s pretty funny!

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:44 am

I'm a right wing Speedo wearer (Would make them compulsory for all males once I'm president for life) but I dress to the left.
Real men wear Speedo's

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:56 am

I'm a speedo wearer who swings to the left. :lol:

Lc84
United States of America

Post by Lc84 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:10 am

This is an oversimplification, I think part of it is because the countries where speedos are worn tend to be more religious AKA Catholic and this more right wing because of religious beliefs. and they don’t have the same prudishness as the Protestants did who tend to skew more left but they end up covering up more.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:41 am

Lc84 wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:10 am
This is an oversimplification, I think part of it is because the countries where speedos are worn tend to be more religious AKA Catholic and this more right wing because of religious beliefs. and they don’t have the same prudishness as the Protestants did who tend to skew more left but they end up covering up more.
I don't think religon is a factor in Australia.

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:51 am

Lc84 wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:10 am
Yeah, and Oz if anything is a Catholic country and first settled by Britain's riff-raff and unwanted, and the country where the Speedo brief was created, whilst the USA is a mainly Protestant country first settled by religious extremists (the Puritans) who are ashamed of God's creation, the human body.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:29 am

When I was a kid, I think part of the deal in protestant churches was 'modesty of attire,' which seemed to affect the culture as a whole. But now, Gen X, Y, and millennial don't seem to go to church much, but say they are spiritual. There are so few people wear who speedos that I don't think you could draw any correlations with politics, which has gone a little crazy here in the U.S. lately, generally.
Long time Speedo® lover

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:32 am

It's probably worth mentioning that although Italy is predominantly Catholic (I haven't checked but assume that Roman Roman Catholicism is the state religion there, just like Protestantism is the "Established faith"in Britain), the communists were the main opposition party throughout the postwar period, with the largest grassroots membership in Western Europe and were about to be brought into alliance with the government in the late 1970's (Until former P.M Aldo Moro was kidnapped and assassinated). Bologna for example, elected a Communist city council for many years. The point I think I'm trying to make being that RC faith and the right don't automatically go together and that may or may not help explain Italy's perceived* status as Europe's Speedo capital.

*When I've visited I didn't see much Speed-ige at all.
Real men wear Speedo's