G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Which year is this speedo story set?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoLover96
Australia

Which year is this speedo story set?

Post by SpeedoLover96 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:53 am

When I was an early teen, I found a story online by a guy named Devin about his speedo adventures when he was 12.

Here’s the link to the story:
https://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/masturb ... do-stories

I’ve always been curious as to which year the story was set. Does anyone have any ideas?

Clues:
- Speedos made from 100% nylon
- Different coloured stripes were popular
- Speedo were packaged in thin cardboard boxes

packedspeedo
United States of America

Re: Which year is this speedo story set?

Post by packedspeedo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:21 am

That sounds like mid 1970s

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:48 pm

SpeedoLover96 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:53 am
When I was an early teen, I found a story online by a guy named Devin about his speedo adventures when he was 12.

Probably seventies. Possibly as early as the mid to late sixties. I first remember cord Levis in 1965. I remember those from high school. A kid, who was a junior, was wearing what today we'd call slim fit Levis cords and in a tan color I thought they were soooo hot. Also in my senior year, two brothers moved to our town (in Massachusetts) from California. they both wore beige colored Levis that were unbelievably sexy. All three of these dudes found a way to break our high school's "no blue jeans" rule, because they weren't blue denim, they were corduroy or just a light colored denim cloth. I hope they didn't catch me staring at them.

At this time, you could get striped speedos, and a sporting goods store in a neighboring city sold them in small cardboard boxes. You could also order them through the Boy Scout catalog, amazingly. Those had narrow stripes. At that sporting goods store, I bought a pair of blue speedos that had two white splices. I suppose those are stripes too. This was 1969. 100% nylon. I went with my parents to Lake George and wore them at the motel pool. The first time I wore speedos in public. Later that same summer, I wore them at a motel pool near Rockport, Mass.
Long time Speedo® lover

SpeedoLover96
Australia

Post by SpeedoLover96 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:47 pm

Thom wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:48 pm
SpeedoLover96 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:53 am

Probably seventies. Possibly as early as the mid to late sixties. I first remember cord Levis in 1965. I remember those from high school. A kid, who was a junior, was wearing what today we'd call slim fit Levis cords and in a tan color I thought they were soooo hot. Also in my senior year, two brothers moved to our town (in Massachusetts) from California. they both wore beige colored Levis that were unbelievably sexy. All three of these dudes found a way to break our high school's "no blue jeans" rule, because they weren't blue denim, they were corduroy or just a light colored denim cloth. I hope they didn't catch me staring at them.

At this time, you could get striped speedos, and a sporting goods store in a neighboring city sold them in small cardboard boxes. You could also order them through the Boy Scout catalog, amazingly. Those had narrow stripes. At that sporting goods store, I bought a pair of blue speedos that had two white splices. I suppose those are stripes too. This was 1969. 100% nylon. I went with my parents to Lake George and wore them at the motel pool. The first time I wore speedos in public. Later that same summer, I wore them at a motel pool near Rockport, Mass.
Thanks for the detailed response! I always thought 80s for some reason but guess I was wrong!

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:31 am

SpeedoLover96 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:47 pm

Thanks for the detailed response! I always thought 80s for some reason but guess I was wrong!
There's a lot of overlap in time frames. It's hard to pin things down I bought my first lycra suits in the mid-seventies. Not sure when the nylon ones got phased out. I still liked the look and feel of nylon back then. Today, I have a couple, older AB suits in nylon that I like.
Long time Speedo® lover

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:14 am

Let's go camping

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:22 am

swimmy wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:14 am
Let's go camping
:lol:
Long time Speedo® lover

SpeedoLover96
Australia

Post by SpeedoLover96 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:50 am

Just bumping once to see if anyone else can help.

SpeedoLover96
Australia

Post by SpeedoLover96 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:43 am

Just another clue: the writer mentions reading an issue of Boys Life with a big section on scouting in Australia.