G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Miami Beach/South Beach

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

shadowmn
United States of America

Miami Beach/South Beach

Post by shadowmn » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:48 am

Has anyone here been to Miami or South Beach in Miami, Fl? I hear that South Beach is one of the best places to wear speedos of all kinds. It'd be kinda fun to go there and wear something a little daring like the Ergowear X4D bikini or Cocksox.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

violaboy
United States of America

Re: Miami Beach/South Beach

Post by violaboy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:52 am

I have only been to Key West, but in Miami, the stretch around 12th St will be the most speedo friendly (gay section). There is also Haulover Beach, which has a clothing optional section and may be up your alley.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:04 am

I spent a few days in South Beach years ago. Was great being able to walk around in a speedo and t-shirt, and no one cared. Was very freeing. I'd like to go back someday.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:25 pm

packedspeedo wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:04 am
I spent a few days in South Beach years ago. Was great being able to walk around in a speedo and t-shirt, and no one cared. Was very freeing. I'd like to go back someday.
It's unique, I think. There's a section of Fort Lauderdale Beach that's speedo-friendly (Sebastian Street Beach), but South Beach is in a class by itself. Key West, is speedo friendly, but they don't have much of a beach.
Long time Speedo® lover

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:45 am

My wife and I were in South Beach for a couple of nights about a decade ago. We were more toward the north end of South Beach, where the convention center is, so it was pretty tame compared to what I was expecting and what you might see further south. It was also October, so it wasn't quite as warm as it could have been, so the beach was probably less crowded than normal.

But I did see a guy just hanging out, sunbathing in a string thong. My reaction: "Wow, look at how confident that guy is. How impressive!" My wife's reaction: "Eeewww. Nobody needs to see that." Ha ha.

swimmerbud
United States of America

Post by swimmerbud » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:01 pm

I live in South FL - DM me.
shadowmn wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:48 am
Has anyone here been to Miami or South Beach in Miami, Fl? I hear that South Beach is one of the best places to wear speedos of all kinds. It'd be kinda fun to go there and wear something a little daring like the Ergowear X4D bikini or Cocksox.
Life is short, Speedo on
USA | Mostly Straight

trance399
Canada

Post by trance399 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:28 am

Yeah South Beach is awesome and extremely speedo friendly. You can wear a swim thong there will no issues.

Haulover beach is nice too, typical nudist crowd, everyone minds their own business. It's nice going in the ocean nude.
🎶

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:13 am

Love 12th st beach... totally speedo friendly and the best part is all the straight guys walking past with their girlfriends trying to get an eyeful and wishing they were alone!

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:01 am

South beach is definitely on my to do list. Maybe we can get a few guys to meet up and hang out for the day, if course in speedos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:00 pm

speedostud wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:13 am
Love 12th st beach... totally speedo friendly and the best part is all the straight guys walking past with their girlfriends trying to get an eyeful and wishing they were alone!
:lol:
Long time Speedo® lover

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:19 am

speedostud wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:13 am
Are there plenty of straight guys rocking speedos?

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:35 am

No straight guys in Speedos, but lots walking the beach with their gf’s - usually in dork shorts.

whoami

Post by whoami » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:00 pm

Go for it! You’ll enjoy it.

South beach is one of my favorite beaches. You can wear whatever you want. I’m straight and I have worn speedos in different sections and nobody batted an eye as long as you’re comfortable with yourself. Most of my suits are unlined so they can be revealing. I have even seen a man in g-string as well, believe it or not. And that’s legal. Women can go topless legally.

If you’re not comfortable that you’re the only one in speedo, you can for sure hang out at the gay section. I did it couple of times at the beginning and found a couple of single women would go topless there. but later I found at south beach, probably the whole south Florida beaches, nobody really cares what you’re wearing. Occasionally you’ll find people stare at you but that’s it.

Or you can go to Haulover beach. It’s clothing optional not required, so anything goes and you’ll see all kinds of minimal swimsuits on men and women, even transparent suits.

Enjoy!

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:01 am

speedostud wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:35 am
No straight guys in Speedos, but lots walking the beach with their gf’s - usually in dork shorts.
See, in the little fantasy world in my head, there are lots of straight guys (like me, lol) who are just looking for the right context to wear a speedo, and South Beach would be it.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:37 am

52dno98 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:01 am
See, in the little fantasy world in my head, there are lots of straight guys (like me, lol) who are just looking for the right context to wear a speedo, and South Beach would be it.
My same fantasy perfect world too! I guess South Beach and Haulover would be great places to visit.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:06 am

Ya’ll need to go to Australia… it’s actually not a thing to wear a Speedo, it’s just swimwear. Maybe a little more conservative with the internet watering down Aussie culture… My older friends in Australia tell me they used to ride the bus to the beach in their speedos in the 80s!

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:53 am

speedostud wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:06 am
Ya’ll need to go to Australia… it’s actually not a thing to wear a Speedo, it’s just swimwear. Maybe a little more conservative with the internet watering down Aussie culture… My older friends in Australia tell me they used to ride the bus to the beach in their speedos in the 80s!
In all the YouTube and other social media videos I watch of Australian beaches, it’s very rare that I see guys in speedos and most of the few that do are older. Almost never see younger dudes in speedos. But it’s not just Australia, I see a similar scarcity of speedos in beach videos from all over Europe as well. Not that speedos are banned, just very uncommon nowadays. Sad.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:48 am

In all the YouTube and other social media videos I watch of Australian beaches, it’s very rare that I see guys in speedos and most of the few that do are older.
Of course not everyone at the beach is wearing a Speedo, but it is VERY common.
1. You would never see anyone at a swimming pool in anything other than speedos or jammers.
2. There is a huge lifesaving sport culture, where everyone wears speedos or jammers, they take over most beaches on weekend mornings.
3. It’s become a very tongue-in-cheek thing for overtly masculine guys, especially in sports like rugby, to wear speedos in groups.
4. Aussies don’t take themselves as serious as Americans, nearly any dress-up party or sporting event has guys in speedos.
5. If you were to run into a coworker at the beach in your Speedo, it wouldn’t be weird. Believe it or not… it’s just sports gear to most.

swimmerbud
United States of America

Post by swimmerbud » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:48 pm

This isn't entirely true. Plenty of straight guys wear speedos in South Beach as well, however they're typically not American. Now, at the gay beach (12th-13th St in South Beach) yeah it's going to be gay guys in speedos there - mayyyyybe a few straight guys with their gay friends in speedos. And of course plenty of closeted/bi/curious guys there too.

Go elsewhere on the beach and a guy in speedos isn't necessarily gay or str8.

speedostud wrote:
Life is short, Speedo on
USA | Mostly Straight

Asics87T
Australia

Post by Asics87T » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:00 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:01 am
speedostud wrote:
Younger guys in Australia still wear speedos if they are swimming, maybe not so much if just chilling on the beach.