G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Aussiebum bringing back their nylon swimwear!

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

phltanner
Bermuda

Re: Aussiebum bringing back their nylon swimwear!

Post by phltanner » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:08 am

NorthShoreDad wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:48 pm
Phltanner has your order arrived? I'm curious to see how transparent the ice-blue in the Freshwater suit goes.
I ended up not sending them back; not enough time. So, the new Freshwater is very transparent when wet, although not as much as my old Freshwaters (as in my profile pic!) But transparent enuf, just as I like!

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:21 am

Now, I'm going try a few Marcuse: see below

(After looking at all these Marcuse & Assiebum models in speedos, I've got a crotch problem here in my office slacks!!) Gonna have to do sumthing about it!
Attachments
ArrestMeYellow3.png
ArrestMeYellow3.png (228.73 KiB) Viewed 2493 times
ArrestMeYellow1.png
ArrestMeYellow1.png (51.2 KiB) Viewed 2493 times
MarcuseManifestBurgundy3.png
MarcuseManifestBurgundy3.png (320.69 KiB) Viewed 2493 times
MarcuseManifestBurgundy.png
MarcuseManifestBurgundy.png (260.25 KiB) Viewed 2493 times
MarcuseAquaholicWhite1.png
MarcuseAquaholicWhite1.png (238.26 KiB) Viewed 2495 times

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:35 am

phltanner wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:21 am
& this one! I may need to do some more manscaping for these!
Attachments
MarcuseRadiantRed.png
MarcuseRadiantRed.png (245.31 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
MarcuseRadiantRed2.png
MarcuseRadiantRed2.png (242.17 KiB) Viewed 2491 times

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:51 am

phltanner wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:35 am
phltanner wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:21 am
& this one! I may need to do some more manscaping for these!
Gosh all of these are low! Sure you will rock them!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:04 am

Scottiebum wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:51 am

Gosh all of these are low! Sure you will rock them!
Just arrived! I'll let U know!

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:32 am

I had an Aussiebum swimsuit a few year ago that was SO hot! I saw it modelled by an Aussie surfer (NOT on the Aussiebum website) and he looked so hot in it I immediately ordered one just like his!

These are the pictures I saw of him wearing it.
Aussiebum 1.5_2.jpg
Aussiebum 1.5_2.jpg (88.22 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
Aussiebum 1.5_1.jpg
Aussiebum 1.5_1.jpg (64.83 KiB) Viewed 2107 times

I didn't realize that 100% nylon tricot fabric was not resistant to chlorine in swimming pools and now the colors are so faded you can barely know what colors they are, and worse, the fabric is starting to deteriorate.

So a few months ago I wanted to replace them BUT I found out that color combination was discontinued. I wanted that particular suit so bad I wrote an email to Aussiebum to see if maybe there was some way they might still have a pair in a warehouse or something, and surprisingly I got a reply back from the owner, Sean Ashby!

It was a really nice reply but what he told me made me sad. He said not only were they not available but actually he had decided to discontinue the 1.5 Classic design entirely!

We went on to say that he wasn't happy about the fabric mill they had been working with all this time, and had decided to find a new mill, and so they were selling off all of their current inventory of nylon suits at a steep discount just to make room for the new line, and would be producing a new design of nylon swimsuits...but not the 1.5.

Sorry to bear bad news, but if you like the 1.5 and you can find them anywhere like eBay or whatever, I'd snap them up fast.

Since I am living in Thailand for a few more months I decided to see if I could have one made custom since there are so many cheap swimsuit factories here, in Vietnam, and in China.

I found a swimwear designer who very inexpensively designed the sewing pattern based on the pictures I have, along with my old swimsuit which I sent her to show her detail of stitching and construction.

The patterns she gave me is a very professional looking CAD/CAM design. So now I'm trying to find a factory that can make a prototype, sewn on a sewing machine by hand, which she says should only cost me about 2000 THB (about $50 USD)! I'd happily pay that if it looked as good as the original.

What do you guys think? Has any of you ever done something like this before?

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:12 am

SammyKyoupan wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:32 am
I had an Aussiebum swimsuit a few year ago that was SO hot! I saw it modelled by an Aussie surfer (NOT on the Aussiebum website) and he looked so hot in it I immediately ordered one just like his!
I didn't realize that 100% nylon tricot fabric was not resistant to chlorine in swimming pools and now the colors are so faded you can barely know what colors they are, and worse, the fabric is starting to deteriorate.
Can't say anything about making a replacement, but thanks(!) for bringing back photos of Aussie Shannon in that one. That picture started me buying Aussiebums, 10 years ago, but even then, that particular one had been discontinued :cry: Still wood like it!

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:07 pm

phltanner wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:12 am
SammyKyoupan wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:32 am
Can't say anything about making a replacement, but thanks(!) for bringing back photos of Aussie Shannon in that one. That picture started me buying Aussiebums, 10 years ago, but even then, that particular one had been discontinued :cry: Still wood like it!
He is very cute in those pictures. He is a professional photographer now and I wrote him an email and he wrote me back very nice reply. He is very nice person, and he send me more pictures of him also! He look Soooooo sexy!