G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

white speedos at public pool

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

swimmerguy
United States of America

white speedos at public pool

Post by swimmerguy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:38 pm

so I swim often at my gym pool in a speedo. usually other swimmers in the pool (guys and girls). sometimes families are there with kids. do we think its inappropriate if I wore a white speedo? what is our thoughts on white speedos at Public pools? is that too much?

PNWGuy

Re: white speedos at public pool

Post by PNWGuy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:04 pm

I think it depends on the lining and how see-through your white suit is. If it mostly hides your goods then go for it. If it's a blatant display of genitalia then probably not appropriate. My attitude is don't offend those who have not consented to see all your parts.

swimmerguy
United States of America

Post by swimmerguy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:58 pm

I was trying to attach pics of it and I'm having a hard time doing that. is it difficult to attach pics?

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:56 am

Why not save yourself some strife by wearing something less transparent when using public facilities? I'm sure you have an equally comfortable cozzie you can wear without worry in a public pool, and save your more possibly revealing (and equally comfortable) suit for more private occasions and suitable locations.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:13 am

Ausuebum or similar - no. Solid Speedo, Turbo or similar with lining should be OK.
Pics have to be less than 800 x 800 and png usually works better than jpg.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

swimmerguy
United States of America

Post by swimmerguy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:32 am

[qu
Last edited by swimmerguy on Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:24 am

swimmerguy wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:32 am
Scottiebum wrote:Ausuebum or similar - no. Solid Speedo, Turbo or similar with lining should be OK.
How’s this?
Looks good. And so do you. For wearing at a public pool, you'd probably would have to see what happens when they get wet. White, even lined, can be unpredictable.
Long time Speedo® lover

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:42 pm

If its not sheer, i don't see the problem :)

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:01 pm

swimmerguy wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:32 am
Scottiebum wrote:Ausuebum or similar - no. Solid Speedo, Turbo or similar with lining should be OK.
IMG_6270.jpg
IMG_6273.jpg
IMG_6274.jpg
How’s this?
Glad the pictures worked!
You look good in them! As Thom says the test is what they are like when wet, although being Speedo I would think they would be ok as Speedo is not known for risque suits!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Ceolona
United States of America

Post by Ceolona » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:30 am

swimmerguy wrote:so I swim often at my gym pool in a speedo. usually other swimmers in the pool (guys and girls). sometimes families are there with kids. do we think its inappropriate if I wore a white speedo? what is our thoughts on white speedos at Public pools? is that too much?
A swim brief is always appropriate for swimming. Period. Also, there is nothing inherently wrong with wearing white.

White (and any light color) can be dangerous, as the fabric may turn transparent when wet.

So, if you want a white brief, stick to the brands who make competition swimwear: Speedo, Nike, Turbo, Dolfin, Adidas, etc. They generally have a lining that prevents see-through accidents.

…and it appears that you chose a Speedo Solar, which I believe is fully lined in both front and back. (Two layers of fabric all around) You’re good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:15 pm

I have a pair of white Solars, also. They are pretty think material, with a heavy lining, I don't think they would become see through like a lot of other white suits do.

Speedo_arena
United States of America

Post by Speedo_arena » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:58 pm

I'm sure you could get away with it especially with such a hot body. I know that would catch my attention regardless of what color you wear

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:10 am

I think speedo solars are lined front and back these days, right? You should be fine.

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:28 am

The white speedo solars are very thick so I think it would be okay.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.