G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Red color

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

whoami

Red color

Post by whoami » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:32 am

Not sure if this topic has been discussed. I recently acquired two Nylon spandex suits. One in blue, the other in red. The first day I wore the blue one to swim laps and it felt great, so I never thought I should’ve tested the red color one before swimming. What happened was when I stepped out the pool, the red suit was almost completely transparent and almost gave me a heart attack. (I’ve worn risqué suits on the beach overseas but I wouldn’t do that at my local gym pool) fortunately I was the only person at the pool, so I could quickly cover myself with the towel.

So what’s with the red color? I feel it’s dark enough so I never thought it would behave like lighter color suits when wet.

NorthShoreDad
Australia

Re: Red color

Post by NorthShoreDad » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:44 pm

Poor colour setting during the dying process. Red should not wash out. I bought a no-name lemon brief suit, and the first time in the chlorinated water the colour disappeared. On show to all /:)

whoami

Post by whoami » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:58 pm

Mine is a quality suit. I rarely buy red color suits and I’ll be careful with red color in the future.

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:37 am

It may be the color / material combination; perhaps some aren't as stable with certain colors. I have a red Aussiebum swish which has not faded, and a few other suits with red in them without issues. The only one I saw an issue with was actually just the drawstring, which was white with red lettering, and the red only bled into the white on the drawstring, not the rest of the suit thankfully.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:26 pm

Came across this pic which had a comment about the same problem with the red suit!
Attachments
tumblr_19bc7e2ccb6a5517e918df541ce120cf_12ea4b1c_500.jpg
tumblr_19bc7e2ccb6a5517e918df541ce120cf_12ea4b1c_500.jpg (122.75 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

whoami

Post by whoami » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:46 am

Thanks. Mine didn’t fade at all. I tested it at home finally. And it looks very similar to this picture when wet.