G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Any thoughts on speedos at Sandals resorts?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

sandford50
Great Britain

Any thoughts on speedos at Sandals resorts?

Post by sandford50 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:45 am

So, we’re putting ourselves out there and venturing to Sandals, Antigua next month for a long overdue break (omicron not withstanding). Would love to feel free to wear my speedos out there. Anyone got any experience? Yay, nay? Keen to hear.

solarguy
United States of America

Re: Any thoughts on speedos at Sandals resorts?

Post by solarguy » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:36 am

I’m not sure how Sandals is. I’m at the Ritz Carlton in Aruba right now. I have seen a few guys in square cut suits and only one other in a suit as skimpy as my speedo. I’m not gonna lie, it’s a bit intimidating being to only guy in a Speedo!

darenmatthew

Post by darenmatthew » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:05 am

Who cares what others are doing...be you and wear what you want to wear. Be a leader

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:31 am

solarguy wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:36 am
I’m not sure how Sandals is. I’m at the Ritz Carlton in Aruba right now. I have seen a few guys in square cut suits and only one other in a suit as skimpy as my speedo. I’m not gonna lie, it’s a bit intimidating being to only guy in a Speedo!
I am sure the only looks you will be getting will be of admiration or jealousy!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:46 am

darenmatthew wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:05 am
Who cares what others are doing...be you and wear what you want to wear. Be a leader

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk
That’s me! At my age I stopped caring what others think. Just be disappointed not to see other guys in our favourite style of swimwear out there.

Speedo_arena
United States of America

Post by Speedo_arena » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:13 am

Just do it! Normalize speedos and stop thinking too much about it. These resorts have people from all over and they are total strangers. Who cares what they think. Literally show some balls ;-)

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:57 am

Just wear it.... There's no rule against it, and women admire confidence..

solarguy
United States of America

Post by solarguy » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:27 pm

I’ve worn my speedo every day. I have no problem being me. If someone else doesn’t like it…tough shit. Ps. I’ve got a GREAT tan line!!

violaboy
United States of America

Post by violaboy » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:36 pm

When I go to the Caribbean, there are sometimes other speedo wearers, but it always depends. I guess I have stopped caring, but I hate going to where there are tons of Americans. Honestly, wearing one in Vegas was uncomfortable.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:47 am

I have not been to a Sandals, but have been to other adults-only resorts and have been the only one in a speedo. It makes for some good conversation starters with the other guests, especially later at night when everyone is then fully clothed and drinking.

It's funny. The wife of a strange couple can get away with saying to my wife and I, "Wasn't he wearing a green speedo earlier? Sorry, I couldn't help but check out his package". But I can't reply back to them with "and wasn't your wife topless earlier, and in an orange thong?". :lol: :shock: 8)

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:29 pm

_su_ wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:47 am
I have not been to a Sandals, but have been to other adults-only resorts and have been the only one in a speedo. It makes for some good conversation starters with the other guests, especially later at night when everyone is then fully clothed and drinking.

It's funny. The wife of a strange couple can get away with saying to my wife and I, "Wasn't he wearing a green speedo earlier? Sorry, I couldn't help but check out his package". But I can't reply back to them with "and wasn't your wife topless earlier, and in an orange thong?". :lol: :shock: 8)
Double standards! As someone else mentioned about body shaming, a guy would get run out of town for commenting on a woman's suit, but they comment on the appropriateness (in their eyes) of a guy's suit.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:08 pm

Years ago, in Boston, I was looking into the window of a travel agency. They had a display advertising Sandals. I misread it as Scandals.
Long time Speedo® lover

NorthShoreDad
Australia

Post by NorthShoreDad » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:12 am

Honestly I don't see what the fuss is about. I think Violaboy is on the mark with prude Americans. Down Under we don't care. Aussie beer gut (unfortunately too common) is not a good look in speedos, but if you have the body, just wear it. No thongs though please ...

BTW I was in Aruba and Rio 3 years ago, and square-cut trunks were the go and very flattering. If you want a half-way look, bring out the square-cuts. And post a photo eh?

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:38 am

Thom wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:08 pm
Years ago, in Boston, I was looking into the window of a travel agency. They had a display advertising Sandals. I misread it as Scandals.
Were you disappointed when you arrived? :lol: :lol:
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:26 am

Scottiebum wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:38 am
Thom wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:08 pm
Were you disappointed when you arrived? :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: What happens at Sandals stays at Sandals. Now...as for Scandals....
Long time Speedo® lover

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:43 pm

Of course I'm of the wear-what-you-wish tribe, but the news of this thread is disheartening. I always thought that if there was one place left on the planet where a guy could spend the day swimming/snorkeling/sailing/lounging/partying in a brief without a second look, it would be the Caribbean McResorts. Think what you want about the infamous Hedonism II, their promotional photos included Speedo-clad men. Then again, the truth was cloudy; every photo had at least 3 women for every 2 men, which I'm told was hardly the case.

How many of the so-called Superclubs are left? Hedonism is gone, I think, but are some of them more, um, hedonistic than others? Could speedos be more prevalent at other places?

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:39 am

What's with the hate towards thongs? Wear whatever, no judgement, especially from us speedo lovers.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:46 am

packedspeedo wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:39 am
What's with the hate towards thongs? Wear whatever, no judgement, especially from us speedo lovers.
+1
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:33 am

If there was any place/places on the planet that I would wear a Speedo without worry or hesitation it would be on ANY well known vacation beach outside of the US. To be totally honest though, any place that isn’t what I would call my home local area.. (1.5-2hrs from home) WHO CARES who sees?? Who’s approval am I/you seeking? Who cares if they don’t approve?? As long as any negative comments are just comments and nothing violent… Be civil and move on. If out of the country, I’d even give a thong a go..as who’s gonna see you there that you really care about??
Are you ever gonna see them agian,who are they gonna tell?

Bottom line.. ROCK THE SPEEDO!! Be normal not a creepy perv type and all will be fine.. When the next Speedo guy comes along and also acts totally normal… The naysayers will have less to fuss about…Normal people in Normal swimwear!

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:42 am

Solar73 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:33 am
If there was any place/places on the planet that I would wear a Speedo without worry or hesitation it would be on ANY well known vacation beach outside of the US. To be totally honest though, any place that isn’t what I would call my home local area.. (1.5-2hrs from home) WHO CARES who sees?? Who’s approval am I/you seeking? Who cares if they don’t approve?? As long as any negative comments are just comments and nothing violent… Be civil and move on. If out of the country, I’d even give a thong a go..as who’s gonna see you there that you really care about??
Are you ever gonna see them agian,who are they gonna tell?

Bottom line.. ROCK THE SPEEDO!! Be normal not a creepy perv type and all will be fine.. When the next Speedo guy comes along and also acts totally normal… The naysayers will have less to fuss about…Normal people in Normal swimwear!
Well said!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo